Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished {Peaceful} Astrakhan Symposium (3-31-18: 3-4 PM CST)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Posters are spread anywhere they are allowed to be~
EFAB665C-F93B-40C3-82AA-B8F6CDE2ED65.jpeg
Do you like indepth discussion? Food? The outdoors? Story-telling? Music? Contests?

Then visit Astrakhan to take part in the annual Symposium!

There will be a story-telling contest in which the winner receives five thousand radiants and their choice of a barrel of wine from the windmill!

For those not inclined to join the contest, there will be separate sets of triclinia (couches) across the town with plenty of food and drink. Witty banter, philosophical discussion, poetry, singing, and general conversation is encouraged! Wear whatever- this is a time to connect with one another and make friends. However, a white toga (or white stola-style dress, for the women) of some sort is preferred, generally with a tunic or whatever clothing (which doesn’t need to be white) you wish underneath. The color white shines brightly in the sun, and it traditionally represents one’s wisdom and maturity- so it’s only natural to show it off here!

Contest Rules and Outline:

- The story may be one of your own creation or one from your homeland.

- You have until the contest starts to memorize it.

- It must be spring-themed!

- Whatever it is, one must tell it by word-of-mouth, not from paper.

- There will be three sections to the contest. Best improvised story, best memorized pre-made story, and of course, the Royal Favorite.

Application for the Contest:

IGN:

Name:

Tell us about yourself (3-4 sentences, at the least) :

Favorite Wine/Liquor/Alcoholic Beverage:

Favorite Flower/Plant:

Contestant Line Up:

1. Garret Layne Herennius Galaxy

2. Violet Adles Herennia ne Rittor MelodyComplex

3. Nonus Hostilius Herennius ToastySpam

OOC:

I just wanted to host a fun little cultural event again, as I’m drawing inspiration from Spring and also my current Classic’s courses that I’m taking this term at my University. Since I’m a busy boi, I’d love some help setting up sofas and little tables for the various guests to wander off to! Also, the event is strictly Peaceful, so assume coming armed or armored would get you kicked out, other than that, EVERYONE (I mean it!) is welcome. I’d also love it if someone would want to play as an Asrakosian rhapsode (Rhapsoidos- meaning bard or stitcher of songs). Or any kind of bard, really!

Tell me if you can attend, if it looks like the event won’t be getting enough players for the prescribed date, I’ll move it.

Tagging friends and family bc I love you all: MelodyComplex Old-Seadog Galaxy Sir Arc Morbid AmparoCastaway MrMine Joseph12Q godfather1 Samiwashere Kamaoe NIAH Jazzper Electric Elz Cymic_ ToastySpam StarWillow2000 blargtheawesome Ambillis Ruu Cukie1 bettemus99 Lannis (Bc ur a Kane and we want friends)

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Should there be a rule that anyone who comes has to be in a toga?
It’d be funny to see all the non-natives tripping around in badly made togas.
Probably not. Would just make the culture look bad.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I would apply for the contest but my memory always fucks up on IC events

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
Sure! Remind me tho, or I will forget xD. Also, I'm gonna assume that it's gar gar going, and he will have the BEST story ever!!!!!!!!! lololololol (Jk. But really, I think it'd be awesome!)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I would apply for the contest but my memory always fucks up on IC events
You can keep it on hand in paper OOCly, friend :heart:
(Or to keep with the immersion, just improvise)

Sure! Remind me tho, or I will forget xD. Also, I'm gonna assume that it's gar gar going, and he will have the BEST story ever!!!!!!!!! lololololol (Jk. But really, I think it'd be awesome!)
Yeet! Garrett is always welcome at fun events :p

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Lol from what I remember learning about symposia when I took Classics; you're going to have to change some things...

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Lol from what I remember learning about symposia when I took Classics; you're going to have to change some things...
Yeah
Historical symposia were uhm, very.....raunchy.
This is a server-friendly version. (Though flirting is encouraged :p )

And there are some activities like memorizing stories and poetry that would be difficult to do in the server when there are very few universal stories and poems in Altera xD

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I need quartz stairs and slabs for sofas, friends. As well as someone to help decorate bc I’m p sure my set up is trash lmao.

Also, new common-knowledge update!
As per tradition, it’s preferred but not required that the guests come in a white toga praetexta or white dress, as a symbol of one’s knowledge or wit shining off of them in the sun :)

Last edited:

MelodyMusica

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
EEP EEP I COULD....
SHOULD I?....
MAYBE I WILL!

Put either Vi or Lin down for the competition fam! (You decided)
Hehehehehe......I may or may not twist a fan fiction to fit the time. Hehehehehehehehehe

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
EEP EEP I COULD....
SHOULD I?....
MAYBE I WILL!

Hehehehehe......I may or may not twist a fan fiction to fit the time. Hehehehehehehehehe
YEET YEET
I CHOOSE

VIOLET!!

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Either Milah or The Thesaurus (Azgir)'ll be there

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
EEP EEP I COULD....
SHOULD I?....
MAYBE I WILL!

I'm sorry to say that your son will be beating you xD

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
This will be in two days, friends! Be sure to come with lots of quips and a white toga/stola!