Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Story Pinkie's writing corner

Pinkiewinkie

Loyal Servant of Altera
These pieces are just some ideas that could develop into something a little more complex someday, or be turned into a proper story. So just my little ramblings i guess.

Sleep. So odd when you think about it. Closing your eyes, relaxing to a point where you can no longer interact with reality. Instead you wander through your own thoughts. Sleep is blank, yet filled with nothing but every emotion, every image that stuck in your mind, that seem to live there. Have you ever dreamed about your memories? I wonder if that's what it's like when you die. Like dreaming about all your memories, and then just. Perhaps you relive them, but without the knowledge that you lived them before. Every feeling, taste, smell. Reliving it to the point that death becomes a second life. Closing your eyes to sleep, is letting your consciousness fall beyond capability of interaction. But not far enough so that you become stuck in that dream world. What if we aren't really even alive, just reliving our memories in such extreme detail in death that it seems like reality. What if death isn't the end. Someday you wake up, and you were dreaming, everything. That reality doesn't exist. Not the one we know at least. There is no such thing as reality, if there was, how could we know. We are simply one of millions of entities massed together. The idea that we are a dominant species on a planet all our own is so gluttonous that it makes me wonder if it really is all a dream. If this is a dream, sleep is the only escape, from our so called "reality" into what makes you wonder if sleep is reality. Or is this just lie on top of lies. We have created a net of ideas meshed together by science and religion and culture and laws, all saying that this is real. Keeping us trapped happily in the little bubble of bliss in which we exist. So is sleep so odd after all? Once you look closer at the world, everything in it. Sleep is about the most real thing we do. So i ask again, is sleep so odd after all?

That got pretty deep there. Haha, well. Happy for opinions. Any suggestions?