Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pinkococo's Application [Approved - Paint]

Pinkococo

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Pinkococo
2. How old are you?
I am 14 years old.

3. What country are you from?
I am from Canada.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have read everything except for the Survival Guides which I am planning on doing hence I have finished this application.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when you use your OOC's knowledge for your in game character as an advantage and powergaming is finding ways to always be successful or to be the most powerful during an RP. For example, if you are in a duel with someone, you do things like dodge the sword, or do an action that makes you avoid the sword.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
X-raying mods/ X-Ray texture packs are not permitted on the server.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie1
8. Tell us about yourself!
Theres not much to talk about myself but I'll give it a try. I don't have many hobbies but I do enjoy going to the gym a few times a week. I also love hanging out with friends to go eat out or just stay home and talk for hours and playing with my pup Simba is a necessity. Shopping is definately something I do to clear my mind from all the problems I might be having. I mostly play minecraft, server wise, I play Dumbledore's Army which is a Harry Potter game.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No I do not.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? I found the server online while I was browsing for a fantasy minecraft server and this server was one of the first fun and good looking servers that popped up.

( I wasn't too sure if I needed to add it right away but I did it anyways just to be sure :] )
Character Name:
Arabella Howell

Character Age:

Character Race:
Elves --> The Silver Elves

Appearance:
I am 5"8 and have a slim but rather curvy physique weighing at 128lbs. I have blue eyes with specks of silver and very light blonde hair reflecting a silver in the sunlight. I have a fair skin tone and when I go outdoors, I usually put a lot of clothing on to protect my skin but other times I do go outdoors with a dress.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

I found a picture that best resembled my appearance (Although it is not my minecraft skin). She has blue eyes ( I would have specks of sliver ) and rather very light blonde hair almost a silver, with a fair skin tone to compliment her light hair and light eyes.

Written Test!

23 years ago, I, Arabella Howell, was born. I will be writing about my life story, although it is not that interesting. My mothers name is Luna Karloff and my fathers name is Mack Howell. They play an important role in my life because growing up, I didn't have many friends or other family members to depend on. I am the second eldest of my sisters. The eldest sister is named Elora and my youngest sister is named Elisven. Although most Silver Elves have a large family, our extended family (cousins, uncle's, aunt's, etc.) are unknown. When my mother and father first fell in love, their love was not approved by my mothers side and they would do anything to keep them apart. Together they decided to run away at a fairly young age to start a family and create a new life. They traveled for roughly a year and ended up in rather large town/village. A year after their settlement, they had Elora, then came me, and so on. Growing up, I was fairly quiet but a genuinely joyful person. I didn't go out much, rather stayed at home and read books. When I was a kid, I had a best friend who was named Qildor Ulajyre. We did everything together. Between going on adventures, going to school, talking, etc. When I was around 16 years old, he and his family moved somewhere east. For about two years, I was sad due to the fact that I felt like I had nobody left other than my parents. And what made it even worse is my eldest sister Elora decided to move away east and create her own life. Although we still keep in contact, it was not the same. For years I planned on visiting my sister, but my parents always told me on how dangerous the world or as they called it, the unknown was. They told me that going at a much older age was the best idea. As though I am talking about Elora a lot, not much was going on with my youngest sister. She wasn't home much because unlike me, she had a lot of friends. She was always hanging out with people and always brought people to our house. We never got along that much because she had a different mindset than the rest of our family. My parent's believe her friends were a bad influence. When I was 20, I decided I was old enough to travel to my sisters home. Although my parents were sad, they believed that it was time that I started seeing the world. Although at the time, it was not evident if I was going to ever return or not. On my travels towards the east, I came across some small villages which was very helpful because I was able to restock on food. On my long journey I saw many things. What I saw can be a whole other story, but fast forward to when I reunited with my sister. I was the happiest person alive when we were finally reunited. My sister had gotten a spouse and was pregnant at the time. When I got there, I thought the hole inside me would be filled, but apart still felt empty. Three years later, when I was 23, I decided to make my way towards.. somewhere? At the time I really didn't know where I wanted to go, I guess wherever my heart took me. I traveled for about 9 months. During my travels, I turned 24. So it has been 4 years since I have seen my parents and my younger sister. And now here I am, at Storm's Landing.

( I may have went way over word limit, but enjoy reading! )

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Heya Pinkococo-

Your definitions of powergaming and metagaming is wrong, you can find the proper definitions in the survival guide, please ensure you put it into your own words.

Warm Regards
-Paint

Pinkococo

Villager
Powergaming is still incorrect
Alright, I fixed it in my test but I wrote it here as well. --> Metagaming is when you use your OOC's knowledge for your in game character as an advantage and powergaming is finding ways to always be successful or to be the most powerful during an RP. For example, if you are in a duel with someone, you do things like dodge the sword, or do an action that makes you avoid the sword.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Alright, I fixed it in my test but I wrote it here as well. --> Metagaming is when you use your OOC's knowledge for your in game character as an advantage and powergaming is finding ways to always be successful or to be the most powerful during an RP. For example, if you are in a duel with someone, you do things like dodge the sword, or do an action that makes you avoid the sword.
The key word when referring to power gaming is always 'makes' while it is okay to make an action to try to avoid the sword, when it sounds like you're trying to force a action it becomes powergaming.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Pinkococo

Villager
The key word when referring to power gaming is always 'makes' while it is okay to make an action to try to avoid the sword, when it sounds like you're trying to force a action it becomes powergaming.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)

Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.
Thank you!