Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Player of the Month - December

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
-December Player of the Month-

Hello HollowWorlders! It is hard to believe that we've had a full year of amazing nominations for the Player of the Month contest. The folks that have won are well deserving and the nominees are just as amazing. This monthly contest has been a way for players to show their love and appreciation for one another, and it certainly has been a joy to see community members gain recognition and respect from their peers. I would like to go ahead and say that, while it's mind boggling to think its been full year since the Player of the Month was implemented, I am glad to see players still nominating and showing support after all this time.

With that being said, I am truly honored to present to you the latest nominees for December 2015:

They were all nominated for great reasons and each and every one of them should get a proper round of applause. But we know how these things go. There can only be one, and for the month of December, it is............

Cukie1

Cukie has been with us for almost a year and her impact on the community has been fantastic. As one of the artists in our community, her skill is evident and so many people applaud her talent, not only as an artist, but as a writer as well. Cukie is a beacon of warmth and kindness, which shows through not only in-game, but on the forums as well. A level-headed individual who has had a wonderful impact on so many of players here.

She has many wonderful characters, as well as a hand in helping with many projects in-game. She runs an IC shop, as well aiding with, and managing, several regions. When you get a chance, you should check out her threads about Stavroforia. Her building skills are quite something!

Congratulations, Cukie1 !

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Oh, wow... I honestly wasn't expecting this.. Thank you. I'm honestly at a loss for words.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Congrats, Cukie.

All I have to say is; Cukie is very very deserving of this, and I'm very happy to see her as Player of the Month!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
What about the player of the month of january and the nominations for february? :eek: Or won't there be any nominations in 2016?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
What about the player of the month of january and the nominations for february? :eek: Or won't there be any nominations in 2016?
I can actually engender my opinion on this now, can't I?

I feel like it's a completely subjective honour system that has become pointless due to oversaturation, and doesn't really bespeak anything towards a player's contributions, as there is no evaluation criteria, and more so, it's essentially a list of people that have been nominated by someone, at some point.

I would not miss it if it was gone, and I'd rather see folks get an explicit, "Hey, you did a great job on this event" or at least some kind of commendation with a reason, rather than the meaningless system as it stands now.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I can actually engender my opinion on this now, can't I?

I feel like it's a completely subjective honour system that has become pointless due to oversaturation, and doesn't really bespeak anything towards a player's contributions, as there is no evaluation criteria, and more so, it's essentially a list of people that have been nominated by someone, at some point.

I would not miss it if it was gone, and I'd rather see folks get an explicit, "Hey, you did a great job on this event" or at least some kind of commendation with a reason, rather than the meaningless system as it stands now.
You could have done this while staff, too.

The system is essentially favouritism but the result is the same pat on the back. I was the first one to be awarded it and it was because a bunch of players nominated me for my birthday, not because I did anything special in relation to the server.

I don't think anyone aside from me should have that revoked, though. Cukie's a valuable member of the server and council, as are most others who were nominated or won.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I've never liked the system in place for it, but it's an unimportant program (by that I mean it's purely for fun) not worth writing a paragraph about imo.