Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Players of the Month

rjamesking

Lord of Altera
Nominee's IGN: pyrocide
Nominee's Forum Name: pyrocide
Reason: Because he's the peoples champion, duh.
Edit: 'twas a joke.

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Some wonderful nominations, so far, and hardly any overlap! And @Antilogy gave me the wonderful idea of listing all the folks who got nominated, so that there can be more recognition spread around. Like nummy jam.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Okay, folks, understand that I am doing preliminary weeding, and this largely involves what you put as the "Reason." There are quite a few people that I adore who have been nominated, but won't be discussed to receive it because the "reason" is either "no, thanks, I don't think I'll share," or just "I just like them."

Also, you have THREE MORE DAYS to submit your nominations. After that, they'll be closed until we announce the January Player of the Month!

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Some wonderful nominations, so far, and hardly any overlap! And @Antilogy gave me the wonderful idea of listing all the folks who got nominated, so that there can be more recognition spread around. Like nummy jam.
Got curious about this, is this announced at the same time as the Player of the month or is announced before?

I do not really have any of those ideas I think is better, but I am curious. :D

Inquiry:

Are we doing a February PotM? If so, do January nominations carry through, or do we need to renominate people slash nominate new people?

Edit:

What about Staff Member of the Month.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
No contest, it's clearly Barodejestfaeicelanlegmairichwynberdijpotpiranastra.
Would also be difficult to specify and kind of unfair.
Not saying that anyone does more than others, but the event holders and other more visible staff would probably be nominated most, while a lot of staff do most behind the scenes. :D

But if it goes through, I nominate all staff.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Juuuust think of all the reasons anyone could possibly come up with to argue with us having a Staff of the Month thread, then ask yourself why we haven't bothered. :p

You can nominate staff members, but they're in a different pool for stuff like this, and will be discussed and selected by our totally under utilized council.
Just pointing out that I didn't pull this out of a hat.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
To answer that: there's a reason Ice posted this thread while I did not. I'm deferring that particular can of worms until I feel better.

Inquiry:

Are we doing a February PotM? If so, do January nominations carry through, or do we need to renominate people slash nominate new people?

Edit:

What about Staff Member of the Month.
@Man5791 why the disagree? I wasn't expressing an opinion to disagree with. I was asking whether there will be more players of the month and what the results were for staff member of the month.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Because we shouldn't be promoting the idea that staff members are paragons and separate/above the general community. Everyone should be considered a player, so if a staff member wants to be "player of the month", they should have to go through the same process of receiving nominations.
You can nominate staff members, but they're in a different pool for stuff like this, and will be discussed and selected by our totally under utilized council.

What I said is not an opinion,@Man5791 it was an inquiry. So you are disagreeing with the fact that I am asking for an update? Forgive me, but I don't get it

You said, "What about staff member of the month?" My opinion is that there shouldn't be one. Just a player of the month. There's no need to continue talking about it. I disagree with what you're saying, that's that.
I was asking what the results were! This makes no sense and does not warrant a disagree because I didnt express an opinion for you to disagree with.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
The reason that he asked about Staff Member of the Month is because the staff have to be segregated from players in those sorts of things. Otherwise, non-staff would never get a look in because the most helpful, most active and friendliest people on the server tend to be staff. Hell, it's a big part of why they were offered the role in the first place.