Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[POLL] Good-side Fortress across Nid Arach??

Make a castle or outpost to rival Nid Arach, but of the Good side instead, across the road or river?

• Yes, do it but I won't RP there, unless during Events perhaps?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, do it and I will RP there on the Good side!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, I think Nid Arach should stay on its own

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've had an idea.

What if we'd made a Good-Side castle or outpost close to Nid Arach?
On the hill at the other side of the road.

This way, we can have evil in one place, good guys in the other, and RP can develop there! Both sides will be so close to each other :D

There could be events, where people can sign up on either side of the battlements and have PvP fights even.
We could do capture the flags, we could do capture the command point, we could do infiltration (reach a certain spot).

It could be host to RP events too, in which people spy on each other, steal from each other, fight each other.
I can see evil side stealing artifacts from the good side, and the good side stealing them back, and this going on and on between the castles.

Now, what do you think of it? Will you join in on this if I put my time and Radiants in it?

Do vote in the poll!

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Interesting concept but ...

I can imagine that it is not easy being evil in the current server climate and ... having a giant place for good nearby would make rping in that area very risky.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It is not easy being evil and having a giant place for good nearby would make it even more risky for evil rp in nid arach.
I think characters are being taken too seriously. We're still all playing a game.

At this moment, we take our characters so serious, that we are all stagnant. None of both parties often agrees to take a blow.
If we could let go of that, so much more would happen. You lose some precious item, for instance, yes. But the other side is also less stubborn about it, and you can regain the special item again. Now, we're all stuck in this limbo where nobody gives an inch of space for the other to move. If we'd allow capture, if we'd allow hurt, if we'd allow spies and infiltrators, our world would boom with interesting things going on. Instead, our own stubbornness not to give space for change has brought us to the point of static RP where nothing ever happens.

I advocate dynamic growth. The most interesting RP's I had with the Fool was when he tried to hurt Olive, then got captured, then got moved, then got freed, then was part of Nid Arach, then fought and almost killed a Good guy infiltrating, then died together with this good guy. At that time, I let RP flow like a river and it was an amazing ride. I want more of that. I'd rather have an amazing short lived character than an ongoing boring long living character. This is why I suggest the good castle. To get people off their seats and plunge them into an ever changing and shifting balance of Good and Evil.

My ideal view that might save a struggle we have on HW right now with inactivity and stubbornness would be for people to let go of their will to dominate or control RPs and let things happen to their characters. If you let things happen to you, and other let things happen to them, then finally .. well.. things HAPPEN.

Last edited: