Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

My Official Altera RPG Album

Which songs will make it to the album?

• Total voters

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hey Community!!

During my time in university I made the right friends in the music scene and will be able to pay a few hundred euro less to record an album in their studio.
I have been wanting to re-record my Altera-inspired songs. This time on a real album which will be available on spotify too.
I had to make sure I wasn't going to break any creative property rights and copyrights or trademarks, but after some messages I've been told I'm good to go!

So, I will, in the coming months, be recording 8 or 9 songs to create an album made up entirely from Alteran lore songs.

Now, it'd be very selfish of me to just choose the songs myself. Besides, you know better which are good than I do, I'm biased!

So please lend me a helping hand and cast your vote for your top 5 songs in this poll.
In the end, the poll will allow me to see which 8 or 9 songs will make it to the album.

You can find the songs here, so you know what you're voting on.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkWSMLeI00exFimJIPeCY1rVz2P_ogPtA

The Album is also going to need a good title. Leave a comment with a suggestion if you got any ideas!
I hope you will help me by voting on this thread so I get a better idea of which songs are better or worse.
Thank you!

P.S.
If there is a song about your town or character and you really do not wish me to record this, let me know and it'll be removed from the list.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Also:
Some songs didn't make it to the vote list, since you can only add so many options to vote for.
If you want a song on it that is not on the list, just comment the title.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
8 voters helped me out already! I'm very happy people are feeling involved.
Know that the studio version of "Maceo's Lament" will have a different singer with each God and Goddess.
Really looking forward to recording that one in particular.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Put the song of dwarven kings on there anyway. Guys PLEASE give this a listen.It has so much lore and is extremely catchy.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The 13 votes so far, a preliminary score:
  1. Halbed
  2. We will not run
  3. Maceo's Lament
  4. Song of Linlea
  5. Alta Eta Ghul
  6. Love Has Never Been Kind
  7. The Mountain and I
  8. God of Luck
I'd also like to point out that the songs that might sound a bit bad will be enhanced a lot in the studio, so do also vote on what you think COULD be a good song.

Hoping for more votes to get an even better insight to the top songs! :heart:
Thanks so much for all the votes already, it really helps a lot and is great inspiration!

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
"We will not run" has made me return to the server, so I would count that one as a win ;)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'll give this one final bump. In a week, I'll write down the top songs in a list and send the videos to the studio so they got an idea of what kind of songs I'll be recording. :) A big thank-you to all the voters!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm back in The Netherlands and have send the recording studio a link with the 8 songs in order of popularity as derived from the votes of this thread.
I'll probably be using this thread to keep you updated on the process. Like when I have samples or some pictures :)
Here's the link to the playlist that the studio will use to familiarize themselves with the music I want to record:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxZmgg_ibztu4OgMAWGcZQmQPC0I0SAFb