[Poll] Would You Be Interested in a Wikia?

If we made a wikia for our server, would you be interested in:

• Moderating

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Contributing

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Contributing what's relevant to my character(s)

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Reading

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Not interested (comments would be appreciated)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

Charybdis

I Am the Law
Mentor
Charybdis
Charybdis
hey it me the poll guy

Basically as the title says. Don't be afraid of being honest or offending.

The main purpose of a wikia is to be (mostly) run by the community, as contributions and modifications are its lifeblood to stay up to date and relevant as a source of information. It's intended to be a single place for most information found, that is easy to navigate. I'd also like to place emphasis that this is, at least in part, to make our server easier to learn about for new players.

Moderating, if anyone's uncertain, wouldn't take too many people; it entails marking pages for maintenance (e.g. cleanup, incorrect information), keeping an eye on contributions for incorrect information and/or vandalism, and updating locked pages. Protected content would include things that need to be verified by staff, primarily lore.

Things such as the aforementioned cleanups are for grammar, readability, and general navigation. I heavily emphasize that likely the only way this would be functional is if the community contributed to it, because I doubt staff or council members want to putter around doing that all day-it'd be a sort-of 'if you see something wrong, fix it' deal. A little bit for everyone would mean less work overall.

If it's not something a good amount of people are interested in, that's okay-but, it probably won't be a thing then, as it's too much work for just a few people to maintain, with a small amount of people actually using it.

TL;DR- a wikia only works if people use it and help maintain it, because it takes effort and time. Would you?

If you have any questions, suggestions, or want to elaborate on your answer, please comment or message me. Feedback is important and appreciated.

edit: as Deester pointed out and I forgot to mention history is also a decent portion yes

Last edited:

TheDeester

Purist Playthrough
Evil
Retired Staff
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I think we had one (A wiki) in the distant past. It could be a more navigatable system for past lore and events than our current.

Charybdis

I Am the Law
Mentor
Charybdis
Charybdis
We already have a lore section, I honestly do not believe we need another separation media-wise.
For clarification, nothing would be modified or added without being cleared by the lore council. God bless Niah for putting up with me.

I think we had one (A wiki) in the distant past. It could be a more navigatable system for past lore and events than our current.
Yeah, I found while our history is really neat and naturally large after so many years, it's sometimes hard to find.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
SNERFALGUS............

GHRAZGULL..............................................

MCALASTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charybdis

I Am the Law
Mentor
Charybdis
Charybdis
SNERFALGUS............

MCALASTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chados

Dark Council Elite
Chados
Chados
SNERFALGUS............

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Yeah, I found while our history is really neat and naturally large after so many years, it's sometimes hard to find.
I agree i once spent like three-five hours searching for and reading up on like every post containing the words 'golden crusade' just to learn more about the origins of Arcturus and in turn lavoyarde.. well yeah.

Cap

Lord of Altera
although i am against having a wikia, if one is introduced i'd obviously be interested in writing any content related to anhald and ignis for it (223hero7 my ignis boy where u at) and i'm decent at grammar checking. don't believe my forum posts where i'm far too lazy to type properly

Charybdis

I Am the Law
Mentor
Charybdis
Charybdis
although i am against having a wikia, if one is introduced i'd obviously be interested in writing any content related to anhald and ignis for it (223hero7 my ignis boy where u at) and i'm decent at grammar checking. don't believe my forum posts where i'm far too lazy to type properly
nah man your lore pages are top tier i dig

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Faodaile
Faodaile
Mystic
I think that the time that would be put into this should be put into our current lore pages, because (most) haven't been updated in a long time.