Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ponypepper's Application [Approved - Paint]

Ponypepper

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username? Ponypepper
2. How old are you? I am 17 years old.
3. What country are you from? I am from the USA.
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet? Of course!
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Metagaming is when you take OOC knowledge and use it ICly. For example, if person A told me that his character is an assassin, then ICly my character said, "you're an assassin! Arrest him!"

Powergaming: Powergaming is when you play a character that quite literally can't be beaten. That, or you basically emote out the other person's action for them. If I was fighting person B and I emoted, *She stabs her sword at person B's stomach, killing him instantly*, I would be powergaming since I am not giving person B a chance to fight back.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server? Nope!
7. Name one of our current Mentors. Cukie1 is one of the current Mentors.
8. Tell us about yourself! Hi, my name's Maia! I love to act, sing, dance, model, play tennis, and draw. I listen to a variety of music, from Broadway showtunes to classical to alternative rock. I adore meeting new people and I tend to be a pretty friendly person. Currently, I'm a lead in my school's fall play, A Midsummer Night's Dream written by William Shakespeare (I'm playing Helena, if you know the show). Musicals are basically my favorite thing and I take part in as many as I can.
9. Do you have any examples of your work? Absolutely! I'll attach some. Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 6.23.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 6.27.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 6.27.49 PM.png
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? Hazela7 told me about it.
About Your Character!
Character Name
:
Kairi Indigo Dalios

Character Age:
Kairi is 19 years old.

Character Race: Human.

Appearance: Kairi is 5'6. She has dark brown hair with natural caramel highlights falling in large curls to her mid-back. Her eyes are a dark brown shade, complementing to her tanned skin. The slender woman owns a nice dress for special occasions, a hunting outfit, and a few dresses fit for commoners.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Nice Dress:
Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 6.34.56 PM.png
Hunting Outfit:
Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 6.35.20 PM.png
Commoner Dresses: TBD

Written Test!

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Kairi wandered absently through the forest, her eyes flickering around the area to check for anything that could be considered dangerous. She ran her tongue over her bottom lip, not seeing anything of note. She increased her pace, careful not to step on anything that could snap under her foot and create a loud noise. The slender huntress wrinkled her nose in disgust as a tree branch suddenly flung back, snapping in her face.

"Hey!" Kairi protested, placing her hands on her hips haughtily.
Her brother, a few paces ahead, glanced back, a mischievous grin on his face. "Sorry, sis'."
"As if you're sorry.." She mumbled, rolling her eyes at him. "Let's just get home, okay? I'd rather not have something in this forest eat us alive.
"Like anything would be able to. Have you seen my muscles?" The grin still plastered to his face, her brother turned around and rushed off ahead. "Race you there!"

Shaking her head, her lips curved into a small smile and she eagerly increased to a sprint. She chased after her brother through the trees, huffing. Light filtered in between the branches and leaves, creating a dappled texture all over the forest floor. Just as she was about to reach the house, she slammed straight into her brother's back, causing her to burst into laughter.
"Hey, why'd you sto-"

Just like that, Kairi's smile faded, her heart dropping. Her gaze set on what her brother had just noticed. On the ground in front of their house was a splotch of blood, staining the stone. She glanced over at her older brother before slowly making her way forward, pushing open the door to the house. A shiver ran through her. The house was colder than normal... Pressing forward, she made her way toward the living room, hearing her brother enter behind her. The fire was out in the fireplace.

Pursing her lips, she slowly climbed up the stairs toward her parents' room. The wooden steps creaked in protest under her feet, yet she didn't pay it much heed. She was on a mission.

Once she reached the room, Kairi's focus instantly went to the table. A low cry escaped her lips as she stumbled forward, picking up a piece of parchment with shaking hands. The bottle of ink was spilled over on the table, but fortunately none of it made it far enough to touch the parchment. As her eyes skimmed over the page, they flooded with tears. A few managed to streak down her face. The sixteen year old covered her mouth with her tremoring hand, turning around to face her brother.

"What.. what happened, Kai?" He asked quietly. Just the slight crack of his voice was enough for her heart to break.

All she could do was shake her head, hand him the paper, and get out of that house.

For good.

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there Ponypepper -

I ask that you go and edit the application, the format isn't correct and still has chunks of infomation on it that you don't need, such as;

(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)
Thank you, and Warm Regards;
-Paint

Ponypepper

Villager
Hello there Ponypepper -

I ask that you go and edit the application, the format isn't correct and still has chunks of infomation on it that you don't need, such as;

Thank you, and Warm Regards;
-Paint
There you go! Sorry about that! I'm currently in the mountains right now with limited wifi that comes and goes, so I'm using the data on my phone right now. Hopefully that formatting is correct, since I can't mess around with formatting a lot right now due to using my phone. Thank you!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.