Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

popthebobly app [Declined - Niko]

popthebobly2

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?

popthebobly

(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)

2. How old are you?

(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)

3. What country are you from?

The USA

(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)

Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any role-playing community.)

Meta is using OOC info for RP stuff (exsample hearing theres a raid going on at your keep in vc and going to defend it ic) AND power gaming is doing something ic that makes you untouchable like by raising a certain part of your charter to where it's unrealistic

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)

No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)

paint as he is called on discord

8. Tell us about yourself!

(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

Hi im shawn in 19 I injoy building stuff irl like tree houses and what not, I play airsoft (air soft load out is a p-90 and a homemade shotgun pistol along with a shield) and I cook at a hotel for a living….. is hard man XD.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

I can end over a 40 freaking page manuscript from my d&d games that I dmed? But thay may take time

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)

Sythen mcswigity

About Your Character!

This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.

Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.

Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.

Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.

Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.

Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.

You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name: Brandis alwinner

Worships: Shalherana

Character Age: 25

(Simple enough!)

Character Race: forest elf

(Have a look through our Playable Races!)

Appearance: black and gray hair, dark tanned skin, slim with a tattoo of 7 tally marks on his right arm. blue eyes and wears a green shirt with brown pants and wields a short sword on most actions

(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: brandis allwiner.png

writen test

It was a warm spring night a mist of fresh dew began to form a sign that dawn was on the horizon. A man was at work in the barn when he heard the cries of a child. He took the lantern from the wall and walked to a hay stack where a newborn forest elf layer there crying. With no one in sight, the human took the elf baby in to show his grandmother asking what to be done with it. The grandmother smiled and told him “this child will do good things I can tell” she said. “Like... what,” said the man sceptical. “Only time will tell and time is a mysteries maiden,” she said and begins to cackle. Many months later began to walk, on this day the man named the boy Brandis after his father and made that his unofficial birth day.
after years of care and work on the farm, Brandis learned many things from forging horse shoes to harvesting grain. this would serve him well as he grew up. Brandis's family was lower middle class, they lived in Mockingbay near the forest their farm stand did very well in town selling many things from the formation horse shoes and grain to apples and even dried meats. Brandis enjoyed making delivery’s with his father to the different towns, but he longed for adventure. so after years of working on the farm, he took a side job of being a guard in town at the age of 22. After 2 years of working brandis found him self on guard duties near the local shrine. Soon after a man in black stole several hundred and ran off into the town. When Brandis gave chase he was shot in the arm with a crossbow bolt and fell. knocked unconscious. when brandis awoke he was lying home his grandmother watching him and his father tending to his wound. Brandis after being healed headed to follow the trail of the man in black who is heading for Storm's Landing..brandis gave chance with the permission of the head guard.as brandis road off he said good bye to his family and rode off into the distance ready to get a large amount of coin back!
It has been a year and Brandis has come up with nothing. he had been working the rounds at the local inn and such to make cash for his trip. He'd head out in the morning, but first, he'd need to get some food and other things for the trip. on his way to his room fed find a not on his door from the inn keeper "hay pal a box addressed to you is on my desk." it read when brandis opened the box he saw the donation jar and a note "can't catch me!" the note read with a picture of a bunny.

Attachments

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there, thank you for applying to Hollowworld, I appreciate that you took time to apply to this server. There are, however, a few things that need to be touched upon and I'll help you through them:

-First, your metagaming definition is vague and I will need you to elaborate. Your power gaming definition on the other hand is correct, but we are looking for another aspect of power gaming on top of what you wrote. You can find information on both of these topics within the Role-play Survival Guide which also contains detailed examples of what they look like in Role-play.

-We want all of our applicants to write down at the very least five sentences for their about me section. This is done for the community to get to know you better and so that you can better integrate with us. Who knows, you may end up finding other people here with the same interests!

-Your written test is unfortunately 371 words long and even though it is close, it must be 400 words at least. Your test also does not have to be your character's backstory. If you feel that this approach is hard to accomplish, you can write about a specific scene that your character is in and write about how your character reacts in it. Based on past experience, I have seen that this approach is easier to write about than a backstory.

Again, thank you for taking the time to apply to Hollowworld and I hope to hear back from you soon!

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Thank you for putting in the edits, however there are still a few aspects that need to be looked over.

- Your power gaming definition is still missing a very important aspect. I suggest you reread the Role-play Survival Guide and look closely at what we mean.

- Section 8, Tell us about Yourself, still needs to be at least five sentences. You can write down whatever you feel appropriate to share with us for this section, your talents, your hobbies, what you do on a Tuesday night in an Applebees with the long lost cousin you just met five minutes ago, etc.

- I forgot to mention this in my first post, for that I apologize, but in your character appearance, you have to list your characters height and weight.

Thank you for the time you've put in with you application.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
"I'm sorry, but your application has failed to meet the criteria listed in the application template and has been declined. Please carefully read and follow all the instructions to pass the application test."

This application has been declined for inactivity, feel free to re-apply with a brand new application whenever you want.