Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

*Poster* Skraag Rising

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
*A poster made of black waxed cloth is nailed to the message board. On it, painted in white, is written:*

Let It Be Known
It has been revealed to the Guardians of Immortality that the rise of blessed undeath hinges upon but one event. Once Skraag is praised above all other gods, his power will be as such to grant undeath to those who seek it. Once Skraag becomes the prime deity, we may escape the path laid before us.
Join us in our praise, do not walk toward death as all mortals before us have. Walk beyond it.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I know a character who is secretly interested in this kind of stuff for a long time. How would he/she make contact if he/she wanted to know more?

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I know a character who is secretly interested in this kind of stuff for a long time. How would he/she make contact if he/she wanted to know more?
Could prolly find Dum'ni in the Storm's landing Tavern. Or even send him a letter over the forums. I dunno if the Alteran postal service is active and, even if it is, there are still technical difficulties with getting my region up and running. What with me being unable to claim plots and all.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Could prolly find Dum'ni in the Storm's landing Tavern. Or even send him a letter over the forums. I dunno if the Alteran postal service is active and, even if it is, there are still technical difficulties with getting my region up and running. What with me being unable to claim plots and all.
Why can't you claim plots?

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Why can't you claim plots?
Some weird thing that says "The plot you're trying to claim is not adjacent to your domain!" no matter where I try to claim. It's a known issue that Ptiber is working on.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Some weird thing that says "The plot you're trying to claim is not adjacent to your domain!" no matter where I try to claim. It's a known issue that Ptiber is working on.
can't they just refund your region and then you delete and restart a new region? Perhaps that tackles it?

Anyways:
I've sent a note using a personal messenger. If there are any active outlaws out there who would intercept messages and if you (who owns the character) would honestly and truthfully think that character would intercept this message, send me a private convo.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
OOC Note: Just thought I'd clarify for all newcomers that yes, undead characters are a possibility and yes, they can come from Skraag if he gets enough followers. This has been confirmed by staff.
I'd very much appreciate some explanation about this. Can I get the lore team to confirm this, and secondly, is there the possibility of equally powerful boons through other gods?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I'd very much appreciate some explanation about this. Can I get the lore team to confirm this, and secondly, is there the possibility of equally powerful boons through other gods?
solus Was there ever any confirmation on any of this? Not meaning to seem impatient, just saw the thread bump and remembered this was a question I was really interested in seeing answered.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
solus Was there ever any confirmation on any of this? Not meaning to seem impatient, just saw the thread bump and remembered this was a question I was really interested in seeing answered.
The confirmation came from past staff members a long while ago. At the current moment, there is no ooc confirmation from the Lore Group of it bieng possible, nor are there any current special booned items in the world that hold such power. There are still trinkets, such as Korog's Tankard and more, listed {Here}, but they hold no current magic properties as a divine boon would.

(Dumni removed the statement for now- thank you!)

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
According to the lore, it is possible. And according to events that were happening a while ago: it was in fact happening. My character is even in possession of a prophecy stating that it can happen and that it would happen soon. My character was also reassured by the Silas, God of Knowledge, that it was extremely unlikely that my character would fail in his plans to make it happen.

THEN there was a change in staff a few years back and all things came grinding to a halt. So, YES, according to the lore it is possible. But from what I can tell, it is not possible with the current staff.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Keyword is was plausible.

I can give people some of the backmatter, as always, but my understanding is that the new magic system as implemented no longer supports this. Not that I can confirm tremendously well because there isn't a spell list.

I was keeping Dummy's specific desire (Held over long years) in mind as a possible option to achieve with great effort. Obviously, I can't make that happen anymore, but I had it as at least 'plausible'. Same as people replicating the work of other legacy characters.

HW feels more.. mundane now, so I wouldn't necessarily count on current teams making the same calls.