Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

*Poster* Skraag Rising

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
HW feels more.. mundane now.
"Mundane" is the exact same word I would use to describe it.

Anyhow, I may have some plans to inject something non-mundane into the rest of Altera, so long as staff doesn't try to stop me, or attempt to water my character down as attempts have been made in the past. What with my character's age, he is in possession of some old and powerful items that are not contingent on the Gods. I might just hold an event of my own with these items as the prize.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
"Mundane" is the exact same word I would use to describe it.

Anyhow, I may have some plans to inject something non-mundane into the rest of Altera, so long as staff doesn't try to stop me, or attempt to water my character down as attempts have been made in the past. What with my character's age, he is in possession of some old and powerful items that are not contingent on the Gods. I might just hold an event of my own with these items as the prise.
I believe it was stated that all relics lost their power, but I'm unsure. Staff can say the final verdict, but as far as I'm concerned pretty much everything was sort of given a hard restart when it comes to magic.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I believe it was stated that all relics lost their power, but I'm unsure. Staff can say the final verdict, but as far as I'm concerned pretty much everything was sort of given a hard restart when it comes to magic.
These items haven't been magical in a long long time. They're still much more powerful than everything else out there.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Essentially, staff would have to ret-con stuff that was around far before they even joined the server.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
These items haven't been magical in a long long time. They're still much more powerful than everything else out there.
I would still discuss with Ced solus and Lannis before attempting something too big and have it voided. Don't get me wrong, I hope it goes through and something happens, but it's best to be safe.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'm going to ask you to check with us regardless of how you're feeling right now. I've stated in regards to the undead that we will not make any false promises going forward because we can't predict changes that could occur. It would not make sense to promise you your character's chance at immortality prematurely, oocly. Take what you can IC. A lot of items have already lost their magical properties during the Era after Fitz, and it's not something we're going to redact. Instead of labeling us as bad guys of no fun, try and work with us to see what's possible.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
It isn't about my character. I've wanted to bring this about for the whole player base for 5 years. We have a God of Undeath without a single undead follower.

The items in question are nearly 5 years old, surprise, they're my character's armor and weapons, because I'm probably going to leave the server. But even though the items are nearly 5 years old, they are still somehow "under review". I have tried working with you, just as I have tried working with the staff in the past (AKA, months of waiting. Remember when I worked on my castle walls just to be told 6 months later that the material was ret-conned?). I am tired of changing my character and my character's possessions to meet the whims of new staff members.

Naelwyn Stated that he thinks undead characters may not be possible because of changes to the magic system. But really, it boils down to changes in staff.

I've stated in regards to the undead that we will not make any false promises going forward
All I wanted was for you to say "It's possible". I didn't ask for a promise.

Instead of labeling us as bad guys of no fun, try and work with us to see what's possible.
I tried, Solus. I tried and tried and tried and tried. I've done nothing but wait for years for staff to give an inch. The response I get from you now is "We won't confirm what is and is not possible." So why do you now want me to work with you to find out what's possible?

Dummy: "I get that things are sticky. But that doesn't mean that it isn't possible even if things get back to normal. Unless you mean to tell me that even if things do get back to normal, you still will not view it as a possibility?"

Solus: "Things are definitely sticky- In this case though- I'm not saying it isn't possible, nor is possible with our current Lore Team. . ."

What do you want from me???

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'd ask you the same, Dumni. People before me made overreaching promises to you that are years old in a world that was then simmered down from random to controlled magic, and we've since been trying to bring that fantasy feel back that'd be fair to the current setting and fair to the player base that are active here and have seen changes. Things have changed and things will change because staff changes, definitely, and Lore grows. We're trying to set that precedent of not over-reaching or confirming anything just to make you wait months again. We're trying to confirm things that are possible in the now.

You've mentioned the diamond equipment before and you'll get a faster answer if you add in Lannis and Ced and not just me. It'd be unreasonable to let out items you say are powerful only to have them be refused later once you're gone, if we don't know anything about it.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I'd ask you the same, Dumni. People before me made overreaching promises to you that are years old in a world that was then simmered down from random to controlled magic, and we've since been trying to bring that fantasy feel back that'd be fair to the current setting and fair to the player base that are active here and have seen changes. Things have changed and things will change because staff changes, definitely, and Lore grows. We're trying to set that precedent of not over-reaching or confirming anything just to make you wait months again.

You've mentioned the diamond equipment before and you'll get a faster answer if you add in Lannis and Ced and not just me. It'd be unreasonable to let out items you say are powerful only to have them be refused later once you're gone, if we don't know anything about it.
Nobody promised me anything. They only said it was possible.

I was keeping Dummy's specific desire (Held over long years) in mind as a possible option to achieve with great effort.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Looking at it objectively, it doesn't matter who said what was possible. They all did equally nothing to help you toward your goal. Taking qualms now with a 'lore team' that has just acquired the reigns and still has much to figure out is going to get you less far than doing so a year ago would have. Going from there, this is unfortunately a platform for a roleplaying game, and as such things are going to change as ownership does. Saying your items are still brilliant beyond compare means nothing if you've told staff nothing. They're just there. I've suggested keeping a census for artifacts and important items but that coming up now instead of much earlier means that the current are not to blame for the inactions of past members.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
If anybody is interested in what has been done in order to bring about undead characters, please see the text wall below. It's an excerpt from a convo I had with Somnastra a long while ago with a couple of edits.

Dummy killed a lot of people in the name of Skraag. This got his attention.

A few months before the last big campaign with Harateth becoming corrupt. Skraag came down to Dummy and granted him some kind of crazy buff. I had, like, 40 hearts and about 20 absorption hearts. Didn't get to use em cuz nobody attacked me. But ONE tried. Other than that, Skraag also gave Dummy an item called "Skraag's Skull". It was just a wither skull, but it had prot 4 on it. So it was really cool, despite offering less protection than a leather helmet with prot4.

Anyway, back to the person that tried to kill Dummy. It was Scardrac, and one of his lackeys, I forget who. Harateth visited the both of them and gave them each some golden armor and weapons. I'm not sure what made them special anymore. But I do remember that if Scardrac was to ever "let evil go unpunished" the armor and weapons would break instantly. So, Scardrac and Dummy had a running into in PS. Scar's lackey was there too. A fight was about to ensue. But before Scar could even lay a finger on Dummy. A horde of bounty hunters from the Sorrows(Whom I had just recently made friends with) descended upon Scardrac and his lackey, killing them both and taking Scar's head. Oh yeah, the buff that Dummy had was supposed to make him "Beyond Death". I'm pretty sure that means undead. But yeah, that's what Michcat said.

Anyway, a few days passed and my buff was taken away. Then a little while after that Sally found out that Mich was doing cool stuff and said "NO". So Scar's armor was taken away. And my skull lost it's prot 4, but I got to keep the skull. But that was the event that Dummy was made Skraag's Chosen. By Skraag. This was back in 2013 sometime, I think.
That was also the time that I got my black title, which was way cool.

A long while later is when I had the first Skraag summoning. Skraag explained his situation with the corruption and gave Dummy a pat on the head, saying "Good Job, you dun good lil buddy. Keep it up".

Second Summoning: Skraag talks about how Queen Grief isn't dead. Gives Dummy a pat on the head, saying "Good Job, you dun good lil buddy. Keep it up".

Third "Summoning" was Dorothy's(Dummy's adopted daughter) consecration event. There were some flashy effects and smoke and stuff and Dorothy was given a prophecy.

About this time Silas made an appearance at the cathedral and started answering peoples random ass questions. Dummy's random ass question was "Silas, can you tell me something I want to hear?" Silas replied "It is highly unlikely that you will fail in what you seek." Or something along those lines. After this is when Dummy doubled down on his training. And I got maxed /everything/ in MCMMO. Cept for taming cuz it's dumb.

After that, Dummy knew he would never be able to bring enough people to worship Skraag if he could never leave the Sorrows and stop killing people. So, he had Tzemik build a prison and lock him away in it until he could beat his addiction. There was a high chance that this event would have been the end of Dummy's story. You can see how the roll system was set up, and how it played out on Dummy's character profile. But he made it out, just barely. One more day and he probably would have died of blood loss(I wouldn't revive him if he died. I'll only revive him if he dies in some stupid way that makes for a bad story ending). If ya wanna know more about Dummy's "addiction", check out his background story, or his journal. Which I need to update badly.

Essentially, I gave up on PvP which was my favorite thing to do on this server so that I could more effectively get undead players to be a thing. I'd killed over 600 players at that point in the name of Skraag. Each kill took an average of 30 minutes to an hour to get. For the most part "freebie" kills aren't counted toward this total. Freebies are kills that I got through people just coming into the Sorrows over and over to do PvP and large PvP battles that were just for fun.

So, Dummy escaped a possible story ending event in order to form the GoI and trained himself until he was pretty much a paragon of combat prowess(forgive the horn tooting). The GoI was formed after Sally practically said I couldn't keep my castle. Then I rebuilt the Castle from the ground up with obsidian blocks and iron blocks, which I am still collecting. It will look like a star fortress when it is finally complete. I just need the money to buy all the plots that I'll need. Which is a lot. About this time is when Sally hopped on Dummy's profile page and threw a fit about how old the character was. Mich fended her off and that was that. You can still see the little spat Sally left in Dummy's profile comments. If it wasn't for Mich, I very likely could have lost my character, or had Dummy very heavily modified according to Sally's wishes.

This is about when there were changes to staff and everything came to a grinding halt and my cool black title was taken away.

Anyhow, Dummy gathered up a bunch of followers and had the fourth summoning. I was really expecting the undeath thing to happen. What with it being several years and he being the God of Undeath and handing out the prophecy and all that. But, Skraag didn't show up and the emissary said "Good job" and gave him a pat on the head. The emissary consecrated the land that the star fortress stood on and also offered Dummy the position of exalted, but Som said it in such a cryptic way(As per Skraag style) that I couldn't understand and so nothing came of it.

But yeah. The GoI was founded with the intention of there being undead members and Mysticism. Now we can't get Mysticism. And undeath seems incredibly far away. Especially since Mila's player, Raith, just up and left (Personal reasons, I don't blame them). Mila was Dummy's right hand woman.

Since then I've been donating tons and tons of diamonds (Probably close to a double chest of diamonds) to Skraag's shrine in the cathedral in hopes of keeping him afloat. But Skraag has been silent and the newest campaign is to blame. And the cathedral is gone, so there is nowhere for players to pray or make donations.

That's about all there is to undeath coming about. There may have been other events to which I am not privy to, but I recounted all that I know. In between the third summoning and the fourth is when Mich fell out of power and the positive progression of any and all divine story lines came to a grinding halt.

Since this there has been nothing but stagnation and decline.

Last edited:

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Your retelling on it's own seems to show Mich actively going against Sally and vice versa on a few occasions, putting forward there was even disunity on what to do then. To say there is a definite right or wrong there is subjective, but it motions that someone was acting outside what they should have been doing and you're at this point because of it.

Ideally events are run by lore and cleared by the owner in some way for matching up with vision. Sally acting in such a way means there was some sort of discrepency in that system at the time. I'll try and kick things in gear but I make no promises that lore will either put it through or make it possible for your character.

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
If anybody is interested in what has been done in order to bring about undead characters, please see the text wall below. It's an excerpt from a convo I had with Somnastra a long while ago with a couple of edits.

Dummy killed a lot of people in the name of Skraag. This got his attention.

A few months before the last big campaign with Harateth becoming corrupt. Skraag came down to Dummy and granted him some kind of crazy buff. I had, like, 40 hearts and about 20 absorption hearts. Didn't get to use em cuz nobody attacked me. But ONE tried. Other than that, Skraag also gave Dummy an item called "Skraag's Skull". It was just a wither skull, but it had prot 4 on it. So it was really cool, despite offering less protection than a leather helmet with prot4.

Anyway, back to the person that tried to kill Dummy. It was Scardrac, and one of his lackeys, I forget who. Harateth visited the both of them and gave them each some golden armor and weapons. I'm not sure what made them special anymore. But I do remember that if Scardrac was to ever "let evil go unpunished" the armor and weapons would break instantly. So, Scardrac and Dummy had a running into in PS. Scar's lackey was there too. A fight was about to ensue. But before Scar could even lay a finger on Dummy. A horde of bounty hunters from the Sorrows(Whom I had just recently made friends with) descended upon Scardrac and his lackey, killing them both and taking Scar's head. Oh yeah, the buff that Dummy had was supposed to make him "Beyond Death". I'm pretty sure that means undead. But yeah, that's what Michcat said.

Anyway, a few days passed and my buff was taken away. Then a little while after that Sally found out that Mich was doing cool stuff and said "NO". So Scar's armor was taken away. And my skull lost it's prot 4, but I got to keep the skull. But that was the event that Dummy was made Skraag's Chosen. By Skraag. This was back in 2013 sometime, I think.
That was also the time that I got my black title, which was way cool.

A long while later is when I had the first Skraag summoning. Skraag explained his situation with the corruption and gave Dummy a pat on the head, saying "Good Job, you dun good lil buddy. Keep it up".

Second Summoning: Skraag talks about how Queen Grief isn't dead. Gives Dummy a pat on the head, saying "Good Job, you dun good lil buddy. Keep it up".

Third "Summoning" was Dorothy's(Dummy's adopted daughter) consecration event. There were some flashy effects and smoke and stuff and Dorothy was given a prophecy.

About this time Silas made an appearance at the cathedral and started answering peoples random ass questions. Dummy's random ass question was "Silas, can you tell me something I want to hear?" Silas replied "It is highly unlikely that you will fail in what you seek." Or something along those lines. After this is when Dummy doubled down on his training. And I got maxed /everything/ in MCMMO. Cept for taming cuz it's dumb.

After that, Dummy knew he would never be able to bring enough people to worship Skraag if he could never leave the Sorrows and stop killing people. So, he had Tzemik build a prison and lock him away in it until he could beat his addiction. There was a high chance that this event would have been the end of Dummy's story. You can see how the roll system was set up, and how it played out on Dummy's character profile. But he made it out, just barely. One more day and he probably would have died of blood loss(I wouldn't revive him if he died. I'll only revive him if he dies in some stupid way that makes for a bad story ending). If ya wanna know more about Dummy's "addiction", check out his background story, or his journal. Which I need to update badly.

Essentially, I gave up on PvP which was my favorite thing to do on this server so that I could more effectively get undead players to be a thing. I'd killed over 600 players at that point in the name of Skraag. Each kill took an average of 30 minutes to an hour to get. For the most part "freebie" aren't counted toward this total. Freebies are kills that I got through people just coming into the Sorrows over and over to do PvP and large PvP battles that were just for fun.

So, Dummy escaped a possible story ending event in order to form the GoI and trained himself until he was pretty much a paragon of combat prowess(forgive the horn tooting). The GoI was formed after Sally practically said I couldn't keep my castle. Then I rebuilt the Castle from the ground up with obsidian blocks and iron blocks, which I am still collecting. It will look like a star fortress when it is finally complete. I just need the money to buy all the plots that I'll need. Which is a lot. About this time is when Sally hopped on Dummy's profile page and threw a fit about how old the character was. Mich fended her off and that was that. You can still see the little spat Sally left in Dummy's profile comments. If it wasn't for Mich, I very likely could have lost my character, or had Dummy very heavily modified according to Sally's wishes.

This is about when there were changes to staff and everything came to a grinding halt and my cool black title was taken away.

Anyhow, Dummy gathered up a bunch of followers and had the fourth summoning. I was really expecting the undeath thing to happen. What with it being several years and he being the God of Undeath and handing out the prophecy and all that. But, Skraag didn't show up and the emissary said "Good job" and gave him a pat on the head. The emissary consecrated the land that the star fortress stood on and also offered Dummy the position of exalted, but Som said it in such a cryptic way(As per Skraag style) that I couldn't understand and so nothing came of it.

But yeah. The GoI was founded with the intention of there being undead members and Mysticism. Now we can't get Mysticism. And undeath seems incredibly far away. Especially since Mila's player, Raith, just up and left (Personal reasons, I don't blame them). Mila was Dummy's right hand woman.

Since then I've been donating tons and tons of diamonds (Probably close to a double chest of diamonds) to Skraag's shrine in the cathedral in hopes of keeping him afloat. But Skraag has been silent and the newest campaign is to blame. And the cathedral is gone, so there is nowhere for players to pray or make donations.

That's about all there is to undeath coming about. There may have been other events to which I am not privy to, but I recounted all that I know. In between the third summoning and the fourth is when Mich fell out of power and the positive progression of any and all divine story lines came to a grinding halt.

Since this there has been nothing but stagnation and decline.
retelling isn't even accurate, maybe it's just your memory 'cause it's been so long.

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
i played scar's 'lackey' - dummy did not win the fight in PS nor did an army arrive nor was Scar's head taken but really none of this information really matters anyways since it was years ago OOC and it's useless trying to replicate the state of broken lore we had then

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
i played scar's 'lackey' - dummy did not win the fight in PS nor did an army arrive nor was Scar's head taken but really none of this information really matters anyways since it was years ago OOC and it's useless trying to replicate the state of broken lore we had then
What happened may have been redacted. But there was a horde of players that jumped on both you and Scar or maybe just Scar. They were from another server and they were just testing Hollowworld out. The fight may have happened after the items were bestowed, but no difference is really made.

Regardless, if there is a problem with part of my retelling I'd appreciate you pointing it out rather than just saying that the whole retelling is inaccurate.

SaddestDad

Lord of Altera
Im not really going to add anything noteworthy to this convo, But I did always genuinely love this idea. Its hella interesting and I wish we could watch it play out. Just my thoughts.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Also for those interested, the prophecy from Skraag reads as follows:

"... Eternal Rest
Frozen in Time

I seek the Chosen
To make mine.

The high devout
Will be first in line."