Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Poster] The Groundling's Soil

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Hi

Hurr Nor is a refinery in the far South that contains and is surrounded by nature and wildlife.
The Makani would be offered lodging and a job (most likely hunting).
Here the Makani would be free from prying eyes, be treated as equals and with respect and be safe from any that wish to harm them.
Being someone who values freedom, equality and protection for the innocents, Thôrdil has offered a ship to rescue more Makani.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Wasn't Thordil defending the slaver in court though
He was asked to by Remi and there was a severe lack of evidence
That a lawyer defends a murdered doesn't mean they're going to shank everyone
But let's not derail this thread further :p

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Question, is like- their entire floating island/continent crumbling or just parts of it?

Icanra

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Icanra
Icanra
Merchant
I belive the Astrum Island will be more than suitable for refugees as it is a peacefull nation and is in the middle of the eastern seaboard

Astrum Island accepts everyone and everyone and is an secluded island devoted to the natural ways of living off of the land, it is heavily influenced by nature and being refugees themselves, the Astrum citizens would welcome and house them with open arms.

The refugees would be safe in a secluded place
The island features many high mountains and beautiful, untouched landscape
The island is friendly and peaceful, eager to help and look after the community
The refugees would be unlikely to be met with many strange looks or hostility due to the wide variety or race and quirky looking people already living there

OOC Travel - Storms Landing -> Linea -> Astrum Island

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Baron IceandFire Let me know how you want to word things when you're ready.

Blorbis83 Your region is a ways inwards- I don't believe a river boat can take in refugees from the ocean itself, but you can align yourself as support under mockigbay (as assume you're allies), or another region

Icanra I tagged you, but realized your region doesn't have a port yet. Establish one, and a boat, and it can qualify to be added

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Question, is like- their entire floating island/continent crumbling or just parts of it?
As far as characters would know- the whole island was descending and crumbling, meeting the cold open arms of salted sea.

+ The boats of the Eastern Continent have sailed and will return with refugees to the offering aid of towns.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend

Blorbis83 Your region is a ways inwards- I don't believe a river boat can take in refugees from the ocean itself, but you can align yourself as support under mockigbay (as assume you're allies), or another region

Icanra I tagged you, but realized your region doesn't have a port yet. Establish one, and a boat, and it can qualify to be added
We're alllies, so yeah, we can work with them :p Samiwashere is dis ok?

StarWillow2000

Lord of Altera
Is it to late for Wise to offer use of it ships as well, we could offer a few from our fleet.We would also open our lands to any refugees that wish to find a home in one of the many areas. We are not the jungle like they used to but we are warm. We offer everything from the hot deserts to warm lands like Aurum Orchard where they can hunt and travel without worry of attack from people as we are so spread out . Cherry valley also offers peace and quiet as well as some small mountains and valleys as well as tall trees that would make good homes. I am sure they could find someplace they like. They would also have our support to aid them if they so sought it.

Last edited:

Icanra

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Icanra
Icanra
Merchant
As far as characters would know- the whole island was descending and crumbling, meeting the cold open arms of salted sea.

+ The boats of the Eastern Continent have sailed and will return with refugees to the offering aid of towns.
Eastern Continent xD im guessing that includes Astrum's fishing fleet xD

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Thanks-

Is it to late for Wise to offer use of it ships as well, we could offer a few from our fleet.We would also open our lands to any refugees that wish to find a home in one of the many areas. We are not the jungle like they used to but we are warm. We offer everything from the hot deserts to warm lands like Aurum Orchard where they can hunt and travel without worry of attack from people as we are so spread out . Cherry valley also offers peace and quiet as well as some small mountains and valleys as well as tall trees that would make good homes. I am sure they could find someplace they like. They would also have our support to aid them if they so sought it.
Yes- just let me know what region can dock the Wise ship so I know where Makani can go when they arrive.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
So, is the line in makani lore about them being "xenophobic to the point of hostility" incorrect or are these boats going to return with makani and the bodies of those who went to save them?

Magiik

Lord of Altera
The people rescuing them tend to be better armed and in greater number, if our player base is anything to go by. I'd assume they're either too terrified from the falling islands to fight, or smart enough to see they're at a disadvantage.
Of course, it would be interesting for some of the new characters to start by attacking their rescuers.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
The people rescuing them tend to be better armed and in greater number, if our player base is anything to go by. I'd assume they're either too terrified from the falling islands to fight, or smart enough to see they're at a disadvantage.
Of course, it would be interesting for some of the new characters to start by attacking their rescuers.
I was going off the comments about fishermen boats and other civilian types going to get them rather than any house's Navy/Armed Forces, but that is another possible outcome: xenophobic tribal birds attack heavily armed alteran forces, rescue attempt ends up being a genocide. Sounds about right.

oveny

Lord of Altera
Our Port where we keep the fleet is Mesis. They are free to remain there or we can see them safely settled in other areas as well.
I don't see a problem with lending you our mobile harbour to house wise's fleet to help save them, we do plan to help out if needs be (the astrum islands) to anyone else who requests, but we are limited on space (for ships).

Last edited:

Icanra

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Icanra
Icanra
Merchant

All done!

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good

The message would remain the same.. after would include a small note that states: "A vessel is available from Vorar.. our partnership is to help with the fortune of these new people in the Kingdoms."