Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive Prayers of Áedán Ó Corván

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
cooltext269729760604692.png
Lucas_Cranach_d.Ä._-_Der_heilige_Eustachius_(Liechtenstein_Collection).jpg
text-dividers-01-c-o.png
no poet here, please have mercy.

Sunderday, 14th of Winterfeast, 2293 - Season of Decay:
Áedán strides into the church at Blackstone and kneels on the cold stones in front of the altar. His usually composed expression appears haunted, and dark rings can be seen around his eyes. He takes a deep breath and begins to pray.

"Oh God, let me never forget the searing clarity
that I saw when my spirit felt eternity,
The flames that whispered of divine passion
And a love that is Just whatever transgression.
Oh God, grant me peace so I can serve you so
From the pain that pierces my breast slow
Grant me a burning desire to come to see thy face
In whom I seek all my comfort with your embrace."

Áedán continues to sit silently for the next hour, his eyes staring hesitantly towards the altar that laid in front of him, hoping and praying for an reply.

"Amen."

Áedán stands on shaking knees and slowly leaves the church in Blackstone. Ignis had not answered.

Townsday, 19th of Winterfeast, 2293 - Season of Decay:
Áedán walks slowly into the deserted construction site where the grand cathedral towards the Pantheon in Storm's Landing is being built, and kneels on dark coloured woods that adorn the foundations. He sits quietly, meditating in the crisp winter air, as the purple moon rises above and falls below the horizon. As the sun begins to rise, he takes a deep breath and begins to pray.

"Oh God, I pray that you grant me insights
To fight the demons that plague my nights
Give me the strength to serve your will
until I am grey, ailing, tired and ill.
I pray that you accept my contrition,
and grant for my sins spiritual remission.
May your light grant peace to those I hold dear
And protect them from that which they fear"
Áedán feels the sun stroke his cheek, and hears the wind whisper secrets into his listening ears. But Ignis does not seem to answer.

''Amen.''
Áedán stands back up and walks back the way he came, passing the construction workers as they return back to work.

text-dividers-01-c-o.png

Last edited: