Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active [Prayer Log] Francis de Courtnay II

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
1539425443597.png

-----=====-----
Thou shalt pray upon each Sunrise, to give good thanks that the Light bathes thy lands upon once more.
-----=====-----
1539425443597.png
{Fireday, 12th of Ghostmoon, Season of Decay}
Francis kneels among the ruins of Lyon, rubble and debris strewn all about him. Before him stands a pyre of birch and either side of him Podric and Otto kneel. Each have come to pray, each for their own reasons, each with their own expectations. Francis bows his head before the growing flames as they begin to flicker across the surface of his old focus.
Words begin to leave his mouth, well-practiced and concise. A memory from a time long ago.

"Please God, shine upon my heart. This new day has come to start. Wherever I go, whatever I am to do. Please know it is all for you."

The childlike prayer concludes, something about it resonates within him as the fire blazes before him. His companions seem to repeat his words alongside him. Then Podric speaks words that he does not fully hear.
God answers.
-----=====-----
{Godsend, 13th of Ghostmoon, Season of Decay}
Dawn breaks out at sea. Francis is kneeling upon the deck of a ship bound for Linlea. The sky above him is a show of colours as the black of the dark night sky is cast aside by the morning Sun. His eyes close and he takes a deep breath, unsure what it is he is supposed to say.
"For years I have scorned you, hated you and willfully battled against you. I have held you to blame for all of the death that has surrounded me. I turned to magic at a whim with the hopes of one day following the example of Gelyk Varyn and destroying you. I held this hatred within me and allowed it to corrupt who I am and what I think. I sought out all of the tools that would give me power, not recognising that my search for this power was doing more harm to me than you ever did. I lost everything.
When I returned, I still did not see clearly. It is only through Podric and James that I actually began to understand that it was not you, or the other entities of the 'Divine' Planar, that were at fault for my misfortunes. It was those that harness magic and warp the natural order of reality at a whim. It is only through Podric that I came to see that you have done little to hurt me or my name and it is through Podric that I came to pray to you for the first time in years. Never in my life did I expect an answer, but that did not stop you from answering us and granting me the very things I had lost when I turned to magic. In putting my faith into a prayer to you, I have gained my name, my titles and my due inheritance.
You did these things for me, despite my turning away from you and I cannot understand why you have forgiven my hatred, but I will not let it be for nothing. For this, I will stay true to the oath I made to you."

1539425443597.png

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Typical Wake up time Prayer-

This would be recited upon each morn, as Francis wakes he would likely stumble and toddle over to the window with half opened eyes to simply chant the following.

Please my God shine on my heart,
As this new day is about to start.
Wherever I go, whatever I do,
Please know its all for you.

Typical Bedtime Prayer-

This would be recited each night, as Francis settles into bed. Often found kneeling at whichever window is closest to the sunset.
Now I go off to sleep,
I offer dreams for God to keep.
May she guard me through this night
And wake me up with the morning's light.

Last edited: