Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Prince Ali Re-Application [Accepted - Jinny]

Ali

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Ytowei

2. How old are you?
17 - Clicked the wrong date when I made the account, didn't fix it before I hit confirm.

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Read them first time I got here, read them again sometime recently. There’s a lot to read.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: The usage of OOC information ICly.
Ex: While in the middle of roleplay halfway across the map, someones character gets attacked. They alert a buddy over discord, and said buddy drops everything IC to rush and meet them.

Powergaming: The creation and use of overpowered characters, or imposition of actions upon another person’s character without allowance for response.
Ex #1: Xraji evades each attack put toward her, ducking and weaving as his four assailants close in from all sides. With a powerful shout he leaps into the air, balancing upon the blade of one would-be killer to then disarm the others with a series of swift kicks.

Ex #2: Enmios took the man’s coat, as it was assuredly offered to the freezing young woman. After all, none could resist her charms and feminine grace, regardless of the circumstance.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nah.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny (Seollal)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I like D&D, roleplay in general, books, youtube, drawing, and cooking.
I don’t like being bored, going outside, sunshine, heat, or people.
People call me Nile. That’s all the more that really needs to be said.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Idon’twanttosharenothanks.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nah.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
“Ytowei” - [Ee-taow-way]

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Ytowei stands at five foot four, yet to reach the average height of her silver elven kin. Her build is somewhat sturdy, the slight buildup of days on the road shown in the form of wiry muscle. Often she’s seen with her dark-metal grey hair kept back in a four-plait braid, tied in place with an eggplant colored ribbon. Her sage green eyes are laced through with silver, though the beauty of such is lessened some by the critical air with which she gazes upon the world.

Most notable of her traits is the ugly, grey-toned, slightly bloated deformity which slashes across her otherwise flawless face. It traces from her hairline at the left of her forehead, down to the mid of her right cheek. At her nose the very worst is seen, as her nostrils seem stretched and the overall shape of the nose appears flattened. Along the edge of this deformity it there appears to be several minute scars, silvery pink in tone. Despite all of this, she carries herself with an air of confidence.

The silver elf wears rather simple attire. Her cream-toned long-sleeved shirt is pinned beneath an umber vest. The trousers she adorns are similar, though darker in tone than the vest. Both her gloves and boots seem to match the color of the vest, with only a bit more warmth in coloration. Often she can be seen carrying a satchel over one shoulder, and carrying a rondel dagger at her hip. It is quite apparent the dagger has seen little use.

On cold days she might be seen wearing a grey winter cloak, one which seems a bit too long for her.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
No.

Written Test!

This was supposed to be easy.

For the first few weeks, it had been just that.

Travel had been going well. Each day’s pace was quite similar, the distance covered steadily increasing by the hour. When the sun set over the horizon, Ytowei would set up what little she had for shelter. More often than not she would make camp in the limbs of a tree, her winter cloak pinned above her as a makeshift roof. Cooking what little she might catch with snares, living off rations- It was far from the plush comforts of her home, but this had been her decision. She told herself she wouldn’t go back.

With her limited survival skills, it was definitely a struggle.

The thought of home seemed rather pleasant as opposed to this. Not that she’d ever admit as much. As if it wasn’t bad enough to badly bruise herself by falling a bit too far out of a tree, she just had to also trip into the stream she drank from in the same day. On top of that she was running low on rations. This certainly wasn’t one of her better days. Rather than complain, or linger on the thought of going back, the silver elf set to cleaning her shirt sleeves of the mud they’d been stained with.

It was the snap of a twig which put the cherry on top of her stressful, irritating.. Dessert of some sort. She was too preoccupied with the immediate flutter of fear to think of a proper analogy at the time. With a slow motion, the silver elf turned to look toward the sound. The cold claws of anxiety pierced through her heart as her gaze found the source. Partially hidden by the nearby trees, a tall hooded figure stood with a bow at the ready. An arrow was held lightly against the string, the point angled earthward.

For several moments the silver elf remained frozen, staring at the being which could easily spell her end. Then a hand was lifted from the bowstring, and the hood was pushed back to reveal the dark colored skin of a forest elf. His chocolate brown eyes carried a glint of amusement. It was a friendly tone he used when he spoke, however sarcastic the words. “You look like you’re having a good day.”

Still recovering from the scare he’d given her, Ytowei could not find the words to respond. Her lack of response didn’t seem to hinder him. “Out here all alone are you? Never thought I’d meet a silver elf like you in the woods.”

Finally the young woman spoke, her tone full of icy formality. “Well now you have. What do you want?”

“What do I want? Good question. See- It seems to me there must be some reason for a little lady like you to be so far out in the woods.”

“I don’t believe that’s any of your business.”

“Is it not? This forest isn’t yours to go blindly stumbling through without a thought for what dangers lie within. Hell, I could’ve shot you twelve times over by now. More if I cared to try.”

“Yet you did not.”

“Ah but I could, and that’s the point. Now if you don’t mind, I’d like a little explanation.” His friendly expression became quite neutral with those words.

The silver elf shifted, her gaze dropping to the bow in his hands. His words made her uneasy, but for the time being he kept the string loosely grasped in his fingers. Without further prompting, she decided to speak. “Very well. Plain and simple, I am lost. I was traveling toward town on the road, thought I found a shortcut on a smaller path, got turned around.”

He nodded once at that, thoughtful. After a moment, a slight grin found him, and he moved the arrow from bowstring to quiver. “Thought so. You silver elves have absolutely no sense of direction.” With that a snicker sounded, and he paced forward to stand before her. He offered a hand to help her up.

She took the offered hand, though the offense soured her mood further. Once she was on her feet again, she crossed her arms over her chest. The damp sleeves of her shirt were mildly uncomfortable, but she didn’t let that show. “Anything else?”

“Yes, of course. I’ll lead you to the nearest town, but you’ve got to explain that face of yours. Deal?”

“.. Fine.”

With that, the forest elf lead the silver elf toward civilization once more, and she started in on a story.

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.