Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Private] Roots of the Damned, The Paleblood Shrine

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover

Caretaker and Inquisitor:
The Lion-Knight, Aemon von Amador.
Lord-Inquisitor Arike of the Order
Nardlerd

Within the lands of Silvers Pyre rested a singular and gnarled tree. The bark of the tree would be stained in spots with crimson as it stood ominously in its place.
As time moves on for Aemon von Amador, or other members of the Order, more objects will be added to the bloody shrine. A note is etched deep into the bark, easy for the keen to see, a dark omen.

"Beware, for those who meddle with the shrine shall join it."

The Current Items:
  • The Bloody Rum-skin of Randi, hanging from a gnarled branch
  • The Helm of Valdemar, resting against the base of the Roots
  • The Bastardsword of Carver, stabbed before the tree
  • The Tanned Demon-Hide from the Incursion, Rift-Prior- recently placed by Arike, nestled by it's heart.
  • Twin Paired Axes, nestled aside of them, a memoir to an old friend.

[This Thread will added to regularly with new additions to the list above, each item or grouping of items having a short post with them!]

Last edited:

Nardlerd

Loyal Servant of Altera
The Blade, The Helm, and the Booze:

A slow exhale escaped Aemon's lips as he trudged before the Roots. His left arms still throbbing with pain as he slowly flexed his pained, healing, left hand. At the reminder of his previous and grievous wound, Aemon slowly pulled out a helm from the leather satchel at his side- unwrapping it gingerly. His boots crunched into the ground as the young man walked to the base of to tree, setting down the helm as he spoke a prayer. "Lord of Blood and Steel, grace these valiant warriors with your strength as they rest. A helm for you, from the man who decimated my left hand and fought until the very end with honor.
After that the young Amador pulled another object from his satchel, a full waterskin. The leather itself was stained by the blood of the previous owner. A huff of minty breath escaped Aemon as he walked to the right, slowly slipping the leather strap to be held by one of the gnarled branches of the bloody tree, speaking another prayer. "My Lord, forgive me for having not fought the warrior myself. He was near his death by the time I got there- so I gave him a Warrior's death. Peaceful may he rest for his loyalty to his cause."

Finally came the second blade at Aemon's hip. His right hand moved to take the worn hilt of the bastard-sword to allow him to remove it from the sheathe. The blade having been recently polished by Aemon's own hand before making his way to the Shrine. Aemon gently gripped the weapon in both hands, looking at his reflection in the moonlight- before going to plunge it in the ground before the tree, the first of many weapons. "I thank you, Lord, for the chance to fight and witness this man. Despite the odds of the opponents he faced- he defied fate and continued to fight as his body gave way. I am grateful for these valiant warriors you have graced this realm with- may they fight on with their hearts forevermore.
After the final object was set, Aemon calmly looked to the sky with a soft smile as he stroked his left arm gently. He'd then calmly walk home in the calm evening.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Days after the Battle at the Field of War, men and women alike returned home, battle-hardened and wrought with Crusade's might flowing through them in.. antediluvian might of Divine; so to were brought home the spoils of war.
And men added to the arsenal of Theirs. New weapons, scarred and torn apart akin to their users, but wroth honor to them in the afterlife, for they too will be seen by God. Taverns in the town begin to flow with mead in light of new advancements in politics; a bountiful land in the south is truly coming to pass, but so to did they.

• Placed near a bit of tinder, the Zweihander of Sir Owain, the lieutenant of the Southern Confederate Horde.
  • Placed aside near a helmet of another, the Claymore of Sir Raul, forever will he be known in the hearts of those who fought. Knight or Nay.
  • Placed amidst the trunk of the tree, a orange flowing banner signifying the Horde, what they fought for and the lives they claimed. True servants of God in the end.