Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Project: Isola Venezia please donate if you wish for something interesting!

oveny

Lord of Altera
About the project:
Isola Venezia is the name of the Island in which Venezia is situated, Venezia is a trading city. Venezia is designed to have various districts: from the southern district, northern district, eastern district, western district, the outer district, military district as well as the harbour district (they will be receiving names once completed). the Harbour district is of course the harbour with a drydock, warehouses as well as some small shops related to ships. The military district is where all our troops live, train and show off their skills. The four major districts each have a various amounts of shops, houses government buildings, leisure areas as well as parks (as who would enjoy the scenery) and lastly the outer district is where those who wish to live out in the ocean (in wooden juts on stilts) can live (it is similar to the four major districts). Venezia is a neutral area (peaceful) where trading and dealing is the norm. Each district are ran by a district leader and sub leader (sub leaders are only for the large districts), each district will be competing in a competition for the chance to earn funding so they can aquire more land, get more buildings and so on... (these will be major events) and if any district challenges another, they do something similar set by the game master but with stricter regulations.

Main rules of Venezia at this moment:

• Trade deals must be upheld
  • stealing is a crime
  • must follow the laws set by the leader of each district/ Leader of Venezia (need to decide the name)
  • if you wish to buy land you must ask the leader of the district or the leader of Venezia or building on the land, you must follow the building regulations
  • if you wish to own a property, you must have the authorisation and a certificate signed by the leader of the district or Venezia
  • if you own a farm, vineyard or any other primary sector you must follow the guidelines set(farming, mining and fishing etc.)
The Island itself:
2017-07-15_00.38.23.png
2017-07-15_00.38.59.png
What you would get if you donate money:
(these are milestones)
  • 15,000r - a house in one district as well as access to the docks and harbour (no ship space)
  • 20,000r - a house in one district, access to the harbour and docks + small dock for a ship and storage space
  • 25,000r - a house in one district, access to the harbour and docks + medium sized dock for a ship and storage space
  • 30,000r - a larger house in one district, access to the harbour and docks + medium sized dock and storage space
  • 35,000r - a large house in one district, access to the harbour and docks + large docks and lots of storage space
If you wish to buy land/ dock or harbour space:
  • 5,000r is a small farm/ vineyard
  • 10,000r for a medium sized farm/ vineyard
  • 15,000r for a large farm/ vineyard
  • 3,000r per field
  • 5,000r for a small shop
  • 10,000r for a medium shop
  • 15,000r for a large shop
  • 1,000r for harbour and dock access
  • 7,500r for a small harbour space and dock access
  • 12,500r for a medium space and dock access
  • 20,000r for a large space and dock access
(Houses are free to residents but small houses are 5,000r and medium sized homes are 10,000r, large homes are restricted to certain people).

PS. If you wish to be part of this, please do help us. If you wish to donate materials, you can gain access to the docks as well as some other features if you donate a lot of the materials. (when donating please PM oveny with your ign name and we can arrange an ic meet up)

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
i think it's a cool idea but imo i'd much prefer seeing the shops filled up at spawn first. we're already lacking in centralized rp, do we really need more towns with one general purpose that wind up being inactive (such as Ironwall)?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
My recommendation is to build a presence in RP and to get interested citizens, allies, etc, before buying the first plot. It'll save you from having a region you've spent all the work building but no one interested in joining. It's best to start small before making anything too huge, to gauge interest first.

oveny

Lord of Altera
My recommendation is to build a presence in RP and to get interested citizens, allies, etc, before buying the first plot. It'll save you from having a region you've spent all the work building but no one interested in joining. It's best to start small before making anything too huge, to gauge interest first.
Thankyou for your suggestion, but don't worry I have everything sorted :)

oveny

Lord of Altera
i think it's a cool idea but imo i'd much prefer seeing the shops filled up at spawn first. we're already lacking in centralized rp, do we really need more towns with one general purpose that wind up being inactive (such as Ironwall)?
I also thankyou for your suggestion, but I do have an idea to make it easier for people to have a centralised rp area. It just requires a lot of money XD

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I will GET TO FILLING THAT UP YOU BUMPER STICKER

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
I will GET TO FILLING THAT UP YOU BUMPER STICKER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ironwall is for smithing, Emyn Arnen for nature folk, Rogue's Hearth for rogues, Aelmere Soolerans, Linlea/Natri'evar for moors, you get the point. They're all frequently empty (even Compendium, Queensport, and at times Storm's Landing), I just don't think we need that many at all. We don't have nearly enough people for all the settlements everyone wants to make, supply and demand-wise.

edit: I should add, most of these are ideas that could be achieved in districts of one larger city/area with similar effect.

Last edited:

oveny

Lord of Altera
all this has done atm was replace my last town XD, so not much has changed, apart from more members will be going in and out of it. once done, it will be a different story.

oveny

Lord of Altera
Update! 5 homes built (1 has a shop underneath) as well as the roads been started, we have almost completed the tavern. next will be more homes and a government building

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
not gonna lie, im actually happy you remembered my town :D
that being said, I realized early on that I wouldn't have the drive, nor the pull to get people to Ironwall and gave it over to Sangria. Making this relevant, I'm very conflicted on this. Speaking as one (kinda) island region owner to another, I'm very hesitant to say just how many people will live/rp here. Don't feel discouraged and feel free to keep building, but I'd also come up with a couple of events to bring some people into the town, I've been thinking of some for Ironwall myself.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ironwall is for smithing, Emyn Arnen for nature folk, Rogue's Hearth for rogues, Aelmere Soolerans, Linlea/Natri'evar for moors, you get the point. They're all frequently empty (even Compendium, Queensport, and at times Storm's Landing), I just don't think we need that many at all. We don't have nearly enough people for all the settlements everyone wants to make, supply and demand-wise.

edit: I should add, most of these are ideas that could be achieved in districts of one larger city/area with similar effect.
that was kinda the original idea, the big idea was that it was home to the smithing guild so it would be KNOWN for smithing, in reality being a majorly industrial trading town. It's very unrealistic to assume a town can get by on one thing and one thing alone, so Ironwall had it's major industry, but also many smaller ones to support it, that being said, with Roy dead and IRonwall now to be part of Sangria, not entirely sure how it's gonna be taken.

oveny

Lord of Altera
Just so people understand, atm it will have 18 people living there. So there are already a decent amount of people going to be there for rp.

oveny

Lord of Altera
10-13 are active the rest come on now and again (characters + players), when I'm on (or are in a different timezone from me and I don't see them often).