Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Public Declaration #40 or somehing] The Stag's Response

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Strando.png
I, Tryg Strand, humbly accept your invitation to play war, Brennard Westmay.

Thank you for revealing our cowardly plans to go to war and responding by going to war, I truly did not anticipate things taking a turn in this direction. Since you are eager to show my justification to the world as well, allow me to reiterate.

I seek no lands and no power. In fact I would be more than happy to remain warm by the fire in Stoltfar in the coming winter. But when the world is on the brink of war and those who have threatened me in the past are on one side, I have no choice but to join against them with my southern allies. I will admit that with a skirmish having already taken place between Varyn and the Dominion, your war declaration does seem fittingly pointless.

As for the reason of my claims, I assume you want me to explain why Alison Kane is a usurper and traitor. I am the last loyal bannerman of Lord Alistair Kane, a man whom I prospered under and respected in the Northern Kingdoms. I watched as Alison Kane united with Anhald just days after the death of her mother Lady Niah Kane and Ciaria Caedit, the ruler of Queensport, who was my close friend and ally. I watched her steal the city from Lord Alistair while he was in grief, and spit upon the name of Ciaria Caedit by allowing Anhalders to display the crucified corpses of the people who resisted her as trophies upon the battlements of Queensport. And I planned to fight her when she rallied Anhald to march upon Lord Alistair's last stronghold of Blackmount with every intention seemingly of capturing and killing her own father, committing the atrocity of kinslaying.

And as for House Varyn, they are cowards who murder men in the streets of Storm's Landing from the shadows. Josephine Varyn and the Varyns' ally Oliver Northstead murdered the Ranger Sentinel Alustrum Godfrey and his son Albion in the tavern of Storm's Landing and attempted to kidnap a young girl who had been with them, only stopped by my own timely arrival. An agreement was later made between myself and James Varyn to talk peacefully between the two of us along with Josephine and Oliver. A peaceful talk usually does not involve bringing an armed warship to my gates in Stoltfar under threat of siege and forcing the other side into submission under the same threat. And I'm well aware that I am not the only man alive who knows the level of arrogance and dishonor that abounds within House Varyn. This is the kind of house I have sworn to fight, those that murder whoever they please in the streets and take whatever pleases them in their empty minds without negotiation.

As for House Eberhall, I have no quarrel with you. It is a sore misunderstanding that you have perceived a threat on your lands, but truly I have no desire to shed the blood of your people or set foot on your lands. I know you to be a fiercely proud and honorable man, Herzog, and for this I respect you. If it is only the safety and sovereignty of your people that you seek, then I offer you this. Come and speak with me in Stoltfar on peaceful terms. Raise your levies if you so desire, but all I ask is that you do not march alongside Varyn and Kane, and in return you have my solemn vow that none of my people shall set foot on your soil or shed a drop of your people's blood.

As I said. The continued existence of Kane and Varyn is a threat to the stability of every nation and the safety of every farmer on the continent. Those who still doubt this are blind to the truth. They are honorless, and they are the true cowards.

No Honor for the Honorless.
No Mercy for the Merciless.
Wisdom Guide Our Strength,
And May Our Aim Always Be True.

Querig Tryggvi
Earl of Stoltfar
Clan Chieftain of Strand
Warrior-Priest of Theodra

Elz Mitch Arken Paint