Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Public Notice] An Unforgiven Heresy

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

WEWILLTAKEJERUSALEM.png

By the powers and trust granted to me by the almighty Sun above let it be known that I, Maceo de Courtnay, and the lands of Artois refuse the outright heretical addendum made to this particular article of the Divine Law by those who call themselves the Council of the Blessed.

5. Mortals who worship False Gods that are not one of the Pantheon shall be struck down for Heresy and burned until dead over the flames of birch wood. May the flames purify their filthy souls.

The Council of the Blessed has deemed it appropriate to exclude an entire race from this Law, in lieu of their ignorance of the truth that is the Divine.

I denounce their corrupted Council, I denounce their false faith and most of all I denounce their nonsensical notice. T
he Makani are no different to any other subject of Altera, they live and die just like us.
As such, there is no reason that they should find themselves exempt from this, the most holy of legislation.

Let it be known that Artois remains faithful to the true Divine Law and to the true will of the Divine. The breaking of such within our lands shall and will be punished as both the Divine Law and the Church du Soleil sees fit.

Praise be to the Lightbringer and all of her Divines.
Verum Illuminat et Veritas Praevalebit.
=-=-=-=-=
signature_zwgml9zh98400kuxsb.png
Pontifex of the Holy See and la Church d'Soliel

OOC:
I just want some religious debates to happen, and this is the best way to get the council's attention.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
lol but what about John el beaumont
What about him? The Council voted for his life to be spared and now Maceo sees the light, so to speak, and realises the error of such ways. May Ignis see that however she will.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I've removed some posts as it was asked by OP, but it's generally not alright to take pot shots when there's questions being asked and answered. I've left cymic and brit's as y'all can still have discussions of it.

To clarify, I do dislike 'ic is ic' when folks can generally discuss things oocly. It's not a bad thing when done maturely and not with pointing fingers.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
What would be interesting is if there was a process to inducting new gods or traditions into the official Pantheon or officiating different ways of worship.

Like, the Council tries to somehow contact Mana with the help of a Makani religious leader or something. If they get a response, they could ask Mana if he/she wants to join the Pantheon.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
What would be interesting is if there was a process to inducting new gods or traditions into the official Pantheon or officiating different ways of worship.

Like, the Council tries to somehow contact Mana with the help of a Makani religious leader or something. If they get a response, they could ask Mana if he/she wants to join the Pantheon.
Could be interesting, but ICly it is viewed as heresy, or at least it should be.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Could be interesting, but ICly it is viewed as heresy, or at least it should be.
It’d only be possible if it wasn’t heresy, kind of.

The Romans (I’m sorry I have a deep love for Antiquity) had a similar process. Many local gods were given a sort of “interview” to see if they’d abandon the soon-to-be conquered city/people. Sometimes they also just chalked it up to one god with different names. For example, they called the Gaulish god Toutatis, “Mars” or sometimes “Mercury”- depending on the school of thought.

I guess my point is that an induction of a new God (or Angel in the case of Artois) and the induction of a new Makani Council member might render a lot of cool RP that would otherwise be kind of snuffed out if it was just deemed heretical.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The Romans (I’m sorry I have a deep love for Antiquity) had a similar process. Many local gods were given a sort of “interview” to see if they’d abandon the soon-to-be conquered city/people. Sometimes they also just chalked it up to one god with different names. For example, they called the Gaulish god Toutatis, “Mars” or sometimes “Mercury”- depending on the school of thought.
I remember studying this, actually. Good recall of knowledge =) Of course, most of the time, the local Gods were pushed out as Roman culture overwhelmed.

I actually like what BoredBrit is trying to do here. But I also like the other side of it. I think I'm just going to watch =P

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
It’d only be possible if it wasn’t heresy, kind of.

I guess my point is that an induction of a new God (or Angel in the case of Artois) and the induction of a new Makani Council member might render a lot of cool RP that would otherwise be kind of snuffed out if it was just deemed heretical.
Heresy is RP in itself. Just because something heretical doesn't mean that it can't be done. But yeah, it can definitely be stifling at times.

Morbid

Lord of Altera
Evil
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Evil
*As this news spreads, it might reach the ears of a certain young man. His face grows dark as he hears of it, and he looks down in shame*
"What god was it then that set them in such bitter collision? Caused such hatred among men?"
*Thinks long and hard over many days... this was the last straw...*
". . . no god of mine."

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
*As this news spreads, it might reach the ears of a certain young man. His face grows dark as he hears of it, and he looks down in shame*
"What god was it then that set them in such bitter collision? Caused such hatred among men?"
*Thinks long and hard over many days... this was the last straw...*
". . . no god of mine."
hah no wonder his dad abandoned him