Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [Public][Violent] No Gods, No Masters

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
Nothing new to report.
I feel like I'm listening to the FO4 Minute Men radio and I just breathed a sigh of relief because there's no miscellaneous quest I'll be punished for not completing. It's horrible how many times I've had a settlement under attack that I chose to ignore (and got punished for) even though the settlement had enough defensive capability to take out three death claws within a ten second time frame. But because I wasn't there, that doesn't matter.

You're tuned in to Radio Freedom, the voice of the Minutemen. Nothing new to report; stay safe out there.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
For all the folks I don't otherwise speak to on a regular basis (Inc the folks that have PM'ed me):

Nothing new to report. No conversations with anybody occurred during the past week. 3 Separate staff members, on their own taking initiative, offered to try and contact Lannis. None have gotten back to me since. That remains the 'Critical Path' to continuance.

Updates of 'Nothing new to report' will continue on a weekly basis until either something new exists to report, or until I finalize moving, after which I will probably reclaim the time I specifically reserved for this.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Another week has gone by with no contact from anyone with this large number of events for the community stalled.

I believe I have reached the limits of my tolerance for ghosting. To all the folks interested in this to some degree, my apologies. While I was interested in delivering you an interesting send-off it is high time I reclaim the many hours I had reserved for this.

That not one of the individuals on the staff team that said they were interested in this or would attempt to speak to the Events Lead even gave me a cursory update within 2 weeks, not even a "Yeah we're still waiting to get a hold of them." is a very disappointing if entirely anticipated result.

As they requested, I attempted to work within the system to absolutely no point.

Thus does my final attempt to be reconcilatory and do something nice for the community via HW end. I still plan to do something nice for all the folks that expressed interest in some of the ideas gone over here, and the community here in general, which I still like, but such things will not be involving minecraft or attempting to fruitlessly work with staff. (Among the list is a Smash : Melee event which will happen soonish.)

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Another week has gone by with no contact from anyone with this large number of events for the community stalled.

I believe I have reached the limits of my tolerance for ghosting. To all the folks interested in this to some degree, my apologies. While I was interested in delivering you an interesting send-off it is high time I reclaim the many hours I had reserved for this.

That not one of the individuals on the staff team that said they were interested in this or would attempt to speak to the Events Lead even gave me a cursory update within 2 weeks, not even a "Yeah we're still waiting to get a hold of them." is a very disappointing if entirely anticipated result.

As they requested, I attempted to work within the system to absolutely no point.

Thus does my final attempt to be reconcilatory and do something nice for the community via HW end. I still plan to do something nice for all the folks that expressed interest in some of the ideas gone over here, and the community here in general, which I still like, but such things will not be involving minecraft or attempting to fruitlessly work with staff. (Among the list is a Smash : Melee event which will happen soonish.)
Staff just got to a convo last night that i sent in very long ago, just be patient, they're working on it.

Narvendel

Lord of Altera
Staff just got to a convo last night that i sent in very long ago, just be patient, they're working on it.
It's really not that hard to give a courtesy "Hey, sorry, we've got a lot of backlog. We'll get to you as soon as possible." At least that way it shows they're not ignoring, gives the player a modicum of extended patience, and keeps everyone in the loop.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
It's really not that hard to give a courtesy "Hey, sorry, we've got a lot of backlog. We'll get to you as soon as possible." At least that way it shows they're not ignoring, gives the player a modicum of extended patience, and keeps everyone in the loop.
If they do that to him, they've got to do it to everyone. Solus said that when she actually got around to my convo, "hey sorry it took so long"

20171117_100858.jpg

This conversation was started on september 25th

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
If they do that to him, they've got to do it to everyone. Solus said that when she actually got around to my convo, "hey sorry it took so long"
Yeah and it's not difficult to check in on running convos to make sure they haven't fallen through the cracks.

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Just a suggestion, but perhaps part of working within the system is actually being an active member of the community? I mean yes you are active on the forums but I honestly don't recall ever seeing you on...and I've been active on pretty much a daily basis for at least a year now.
Its great that you want to create rp for the server and bring back some old players, but I just think its pretty uncomfortable for the rest of the community when you write like you have some priority over them even though you don't play.
Staff arent perfect and I have heard complaints of slow replies before, but perhaps they would be more willing to work with you if the way you respond to everything wasn't so condescending.
And if your inactivity is due to you having a life and a job and such then thats great but perhaps you should take that into account when planning a large event. Staff's priority will be the active community, people who have been coordinating with them for much longer than you and actually play while they wait patiently for responses and who are more likely to continue playing actively when their events are over.
And you can reply all passive agressive to this and talk about how you've been around five years but my point still stands...You type like you hate nearly everything about this server and you don't even play so its understandable (Not that I speak on behalf of them at all) that the staff and such may feel a little dejected by working with you.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Just a suggestion, but perhaps part of working within the system is actually being an active member of the community? I mean yes you are active on the forums but I honestly don't recall ever seeing you on...and I've been active on pretty much a daily basis for at least a year now.
Its great that you want to create rp for the server and bring back some old players, but I just think its pretty uncomfortable for the rest of the community when you write like you have some priority over them even though you don't play.
Staff arent perfect and I have heard complaints of slow replies before, but perhaps they would be more willing to work with you if the way you respond to everything wasn't so condescending.
And if your inactivity is due to you having a life and a job and such then thats great but perhaps you should take that into account when planning a large event. Staff's priority will be the active community, people who have been coordinating with them for much longer than you and actually play while they wait patiently for responses and who are more likely to continue playing actively when their events are over.
And you can reply all passive agressive to this and talk about how you've been around five years but my point still stands...You type like you hate nearly everything about this server and you don't even play so its understandable (Not that I speak on behalf of them at all) that the staff and such may feel a little dejected by working with you.

The only passive-aggressive one here is you, frankly.

There is very little that is 'passive' about my critique and frankly I reject that label.

I'm not acting like I'm above everybody else, nor that I deserve special treatment.

I'm just saying that I've waited long enough without a response that I've lost the enthusiasm for what I was gonna do and I'm going to do something else instead.

You can take that however you damn please.

The fact of the matter is, if folks said, "Nael, we're not interested in working with you" or "This idea doesn't work with what we want to do" - I'd have been fine and moved on. Part of the point of choosing to act in a certain manner is that it has consequences, and one had better accept them in advance, no?

However, what I was told was, "This seems pretty interesting but I have to talk to Lannis and get an idea of if it works", and then nothing. Which is just disappointing.

So stop bloody projecting your own passive-aggressive attitude at me and either be constructive or leave, neh?

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
While I understand your frustration with waiting for staff, I think it’s best to remember that they’ve got jobs and other real life commitments- some of which may be more intense than the average player’s. They may also be dealing with the everyday PMs, reports and duties of being a staffie.
Further, Naelwyn, you do have a way of communicating your displeasure or critique in a way that sounds cantankerous or grumpy, and while I’m sure you don’t intend to be those things, it can easily come off that way. It doesn’t really help that you don’t get on the server anymore to actually work with the staff and player community, so when you do speak up, you often appear disconnected and are then taken less seriously- and with good reason.

I’m sorry to say, but most people within any community will take ideas, complaints, etc more seriously or answer them more efficiently if the person with the idea/complaint/whatever is in the loop and is actively contributing. Otherwise, that person might sound (again, it may not be intentional, but humans are bad with empathy) jaded. To the people within that group, you will seem like you’re acting as if you know what’s best, even when they see you as an outsider who has not taken the time to get to know the community.

This critique may not sound appealing, but I mean this with the best intentions and do not intend to offend or sound malign. I think it would be best to take a leap of faith with what I’m saying and get on. Make a new character- even if it’s a tabula rasa, just pop on and maybe, maybe, after a while, you will like it.

If not, then I think it would be best to leave the forums and server altogether, as it seems to bring you more grief than it is worth.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
*Sad trombone*

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
While I understand your frustration with waiting for staff, I think it’s best to remember that they’ve got jobs and other real life commitments- some of which may be more intense than the average player’s. They may also be dealing with the everyday PMs, reports and duties of being a staffie.
Further, Naelwyn, you do have a way of communicating your displeasure or critique in a way that sounds cantankerous or grumpy, and while I’m sure you don’t intend to be those things, it can easily come off that way. It doesn’t really help that you don’t get on the server anymore to actually work with the staff and player community, so when you do speak up, you often appear disconnected and are then taken less seriously- and with good reason.

I’m sorry to say, but most people within any community will take ideas, complaints, etc more seriously or answer them more efficiently if the person with the idea/complaint/whatever is in the loop and is actively contributing. Otherwise, that person might sound (again, it may not be intentional, but humans are bad with empathy) jaded. To the people within that group, you will seem like you’re acting as if you know what’s best, even when they see you as an outsider who has not taken the time to get to know the community.

This critique may not sound appealing, but I mean this with the best intentions and do not intend to offend or sound malign. I think it would be best to take a leap of faith with what I’m saying and get on. Make a new character- even if it’s a tabula rasa, just pop on and maybe, maybe, after a while, you will like it.

If not, then I think it would be best to leave the forums and server altogether, as it seems to bring you more grief than it is worth.
I'll still politely respond to ya, but it's gonna be a critical response.

If not a single person on the entire staff team, multiple of whom said they were interested in the idea, couldn't spare the same /thirty seconds/ it took me to notify the community I was still waiting for a reply to let me know they were still trying to get a hold of people, I ask you wholeheartedly why thence would you consider endeavoring to work with them a productive use of your time? I don't, and am informing people such, and deciding to do something else, which is frankly an entirely fair decision for me to make. The standards of activity should be more stringent when applied to an entire team of people than one person who doesn't actively play anymore, sorry.

I would say the attitude you purport is one specific to your own clique, because there were plenty of folks, new to this community, old hands to this community, active and inactive, that approached me privately with interest and renewed enthusiasm because of this idea. They were interested in coming back into the game again, as was I. Your attitude speaks volumes to these people, saying "You shouldn't bother trying to get back into being involved with this community again."

Is that the face of the server you wish to show people? You speak to me of condescension yet explicitly place yourself above me by creating a category of "You don't come on the server." - Yet the entire point of what I was attempting to do was to change that.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I'll still politely respond to ya, but it's gonna be a critical response.

If not a single person on the entire staff team, multiple of whom said they were interested in the idea, couldn't spare the same /thirty seconds/ it took me to notify the community I was still waiting for a reply to let me know they were still trying to get a hold of people, I ask you wholeheartedly why thence would you consider endeavoring to work with them a productive use of your time? I don't, and am informing people such, and deciding to do something else, which is frankly an entirely fair decision for me to make. The standards of activity should be more stringent when applied to an entire team of people than one person who doesn't actively play anymore, sorry.

I would say the attitude you purport is one specific to your own clique, because there were plenty of folks, new to this community, old hands to this community, active and inactive, that approached me privately with interest and renewed enthusiasm because of this idea. They were interested in coming back into the game again, as was I. Your attitude speaks volumes to these people, saying "You shouldn't bother trying to get back into being involved with this community again."

Is that the face of the server you wish to show people? You speak to me of condescension yet explicitly place yourself above me by creating a category of "You don't come on the server." - Yet the entire point of what I was attempting to do was to change that.
Everyone must wait the same amount of time. You still sound a bit self-important in your wording to be honest.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Everyone must wait the same amount of time. You still sound a bit self-important in your wording to be honest.
I think anyone on this server waiting for more than two weeks for any reply whatsoever is an unacceptable state of affairs, thanks. I would speak in favor of anyone else with the same issue.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
It doesn't take more than an hour to read over a lore report and respond. If you're on the staff team, you should have that amount of time or more able to be devoted to the server per day. If you can't even take twenty minutes out of your day to look at a PM then maybe you shouldn't be staff.

Naelwyn, you do have a way of communicating your displeasure or critique in a way that sounds cantankerous or grumpy, and while I’m sure you don’t intend to be those things, it can easily come off that way. It doesn’t really help that you don’t get on the server anymore to actually work with the staff and player community, so when you do speak up, you often appear disconnected
Maybe he isn't getting on the server because his RP relies on staff response which he hasn't gotten yet? That's sort of what the whole constant update thing is about, dude. And you yourself just said that people have jobs and real life commitments that might prevent them from RPing.

and are then taken less seriously- and with good reason.
What gives you the right to say this? You have no moral superiority over him in any way here. Don't tell someone they shouldn't be taken seriously just because they post something you disagree with. I disagree with Naelwyn but I can still have some common decency and respect his opinions.

I’m sorry to say, but most people within any community will take ideas, complaints, etc more seriously or answer them more efficiently if the person with the idea/complaint/whatever is in the loop and is actively contributing.
I repeat: what gives you the right to say this? Naelwyn is trying to actively contribute. More so than most of us, including you. This thread is proof of that. But he can't, because staff won't respond to the inquiries that will allow him to actively contribute.

Otherwise, that person might sound (again, it may not be intentional, but humans are bad with empathy) jaded.
Just because you're bad with empathy doesn't mean we all are. And Naelwyn has a right to be jaded, considering the complete lack of interest staff is putting into his efforts here.

To the people within that group, you will seem like you’re acting as if you know what’s best, even when they see you as an outsider who has not taken the time to get to know the community.
Naelwyn has been here for four more years than you. If that's not enough time to get to know the community then what is?

This critique may not sound appealing, but I mean this with the best intentions and do not intend to offend or sound malign. I think it would be best to take a leap of faith with what I’m saying and get on. Make a new character- even if it’s a tabula rasa, just pop on and maybe, maybe, after a while, you will like it. If not, then I think it would be best to leave the forums and server altogether, as it seems to bring you more grief than it is worth.
Holy shit dude, get off your high horse. If you say this with "the best intentions" and "do not intend to offend", maybe don't end your text wall with "Leave the server because you're a burden on us all."