Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

PurpleCola's Whitelist Application [Approved - Squidziod]

PurpleCola

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
PurpleCola

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The U.S.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming would be the use of information gained outside of RP to benefit inside of RP. An example would be a friend sending you coords and a skype message to get you to help kill someone. Powergaming would be doing something that a character wouldn't realistically be able to do. An example would be: "James slashes off Jeremy's head." That isn't a proper emote and doesn't give Jeremy or the player the ability to respond.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidzoid

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well, my IGN name is PurpleCola. You all can call my Joseph. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember and I've been RPing for an odd six years. I'm a total book fanatic and I have a deeply rooted hatred for all superhero films. I've also been wearing glasses since I was around seven or so and I had to get surgery on my eyes.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
As I said, I've been RPing for quite some time. I've also done some lore writing and character development posts.

This one is a magic lore post that I was creating for another server. Maybe I could finish it and post it on here, or something.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lzawD-s4hAtmNN6uhYSgZ3s8IIY7WBAqr8AjGAK6SL0/edit
And this one was for one of my older characters, who was a half elven shaman.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1td0MyMzzuUxdcp6NzKI4VCj0rVEYwjVoVr8rWGAMfCY/edit

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I just found this place while browsing.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Altharen Phaera

Character Age:
Twenty seven.

Character Race:
Forest Elf.

Appearance:
Altharen has a lean yet slightly toned physique. He stands at a formidable 6'0 with a mat of extremely unruly and dark brown hair. The sun-kissed and light brown-eyed male wears a dark green woolen shirt and similar brown pants. A bag is looped onto his back for traveling and he has a strange blue cloth headband that adds a splash of color to his outfit.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!

Bile rose in his throat before the bronze individual regretfully spilled his meager scraps of lunch into the horrid smelling bucket. Altharen rose his sleeve and wiped it across his dry and cracked lips, stinging them painfully for a second.

Vertigo took hold as the ship finally lurched to a stop and the bell was rung a few times. The bronze skinned individual staggered upwards and managed to climb off of the smelly cramped vessel. The first that left the boat were the injured. Both people dead and alive were being taken into infirmary. The former hopefully being taken to be burned and the latter being taken to be healed.

The elven man didn’t bother heading into the infirmary and with a sigh, pushed through the crowd. In an almost drunken strut, he went to the closest tavern.

Despite the mood that had clung over the people like a plague, the tavern was a different scenario. It was a quaint building with cedar chairs and tables. The bar was quite stereotypical with a back for the kitchen. Strange men were drinking, slamming down mugs and belching aloud. Laughter, music, and even the wondrous smell of exotic spices and food filled the air. Altharen slid into the seat, facing a smaller pale faced lady with a small apron and a mug in her hand. She silently slid it over to an equally quiet and brooding individual clad in furs beside Altharen.

“Hey . . . Could you just get me some light soup?” He hadn’t heard himself speak for quite some time. The voice that left his throat was foreign. Deeper and hoarse, as if pleading for water. It was quite grating on the ears.

The girl nodded and with a swish of her dark brown hair, headed into the kitchen. In the meantime -- Altharen stood and glanced around the bar. It appeared that in the back a few of the men were starting an arm wrestling contest. Even the assumed bouncer was taking part in the match.

A rather ordinary wooden bowl was gently set against the table and the pale soft-spoken lady went to refill some mugs. With a spin and a sit down, Altharen then dipped his spoon into the soup. It was of a dark brown color with a few green herbs floating inside. Basil, no doubt. The lovely smell of cooked rabbit wafted out of the bowl and without further ado, Altharen topped off his bowl and fished around in his pockets.

Only to realize that he didn’t have enough money to pay for his soup. The bouncer seemed busy enough . . .

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.