Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Questions&Answers

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Awesome political RP involving backstabbing/alliances/fueds? HELL YEAH.
The only place where Exalted are asked to get along is when they have to meet as the High Council (for adding/subtracting to the Divine Law, choosing a High Inquisitor, etc.). For this, it does say in the divine law that both mortal and deity are to respect the Grand Shrine as neutral grounds- So, extrapolating from that... :D

The actions of the Exalted reflect the Divines themselves. However- this responsibility will have dire consequences (IC consequences only, of course) if the character misuses em. John and Mick would likely be influenced by their gods in which Exalted they really, really hate.
JDSKJSAKDHIUOFDSAHDAOIJ

Sounds even better. How often will the High Council meet?

-K9

Gaby

Lord of Altera
two questions directly pertaining to Vermella (one-track mind gaby):

1) is the Cloak of Vermella not a divine artifact because it's technically nonmagical, even if it had a divine source and unnatural construction?

2) do I simply write down a copy of my Followers of Vermella thread to have it in the High Church of Altera forums, or should I ask you to move it there?

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
two questions directly pertaining to Vermella (one-track mind gaby):

1) is the Cloak of Vermella not a divine artifact because it's technically nonmagical, even if it had a divine source and unnatural construction?

2) do I simply write down a copy of my Followers of Vermella thread to have it in the High Church of Altera forums, or should I ask you to move it there?
1. Like other articles, it needs a re-blessing to be listed.

2. Put it wherever your heart desires!

Michcat

a re-blessing?
recontact? Any sort've word works, its a thing to encourage 'touching base' and RP development as this new stuff gets put into place. The only exception is Korog, as Korog is being the deity of 'permanence' and his stuff practically never changes.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
recontact? Any sort've word works, its a thing to encourage 'touching base' and RP development as this new stuff gets put into place. The only exception is Korog, as Korog is being the deity of 'permanence' and his stuff practically never changes.
what precisely does that entail...?
Im sorry if im asking a lot of questions, its just that this is rather interesting, and all...

skuller

Lord of Altera
Carrying on from my issues with the new revival system.

The Lavoyardian faction should not be killing your characters. They should be, at worst, maiming your characters if even that.

thaaank you!
Why shouldn't they be killing the Engem? Engem and Lavoyard are complete opposites and were a pain for them and complete heretics to them because they believe only their God should be worshiped. They have complete legit reasons to attack our characters and if they're stronger there's nothing we can do about it. Bump of the leaders and the faction is weak and not a threat. Take leaders of Marr for example. Tybalt has been killed six times and he is strongly against them and would defend Azerport the best he could. Lavoyard want Azerport and know it's only Tybalt in the way of getting Azerport. (Hypothetical again) They kill him because it was the only way they could remove him he rolls a five and his character is perma dead for being his character and being against a strong faction.

Michcat

Carrying on from my issues with the new revival system.

Why shouldn't they be killing the Engem? Engem and Lavoyard are complete opposites and were a pain for them and complete heretics to them because they believe only their God should be worshiped. They have complete legit reasons to attack our characters and if they're stronger there's nothing we can do about it. Bump of the leaders and the faction is weak and not a threat. Take leaders of Marr for example. Tybalt has been killed six times and he is strongly against them and would defend Azerport the best he could. Lavoyard want Azerport and know it's only Tybalt in the way of getting Azerport. (Hypothetical again) They kill him because it was the only way they could remove him he rolls a five and his character is perma dead for being his character and being against a strong faction.
Because its completely and unnecessarily violent. Short of a war situation, mindless killing is really unfavourable RP to have on this server. The same applies to everyone else~!

Of course, unless you'd rather your characters be often killed. Then by all means- engage in the RP that your heart desires :D
I simply endeavor to keep this a happy place for people who want it to be happy, and maybe a slightly grungy happy place for folks who'd rather that. The map is big enough for everyone ^^

Edit: If Tybalt wants to stand up for his lands and take the risks that this entails, then he is perfectly welcome to do so. You all know the risks now, and your characters should have a fear of death irregardless of OOC changes. Humpfries character might think that maybe he doesn't want to take the risk of the Grey Ladys Gate today, and maybe go hide a bit and try and subterfuge Lavoyard. So on and so forth!

skuller

Lord of Altera
Because its completely and unnecessarily violent. Short of a war situation, mindless killing is really unfavourable RP to have on this server. The same applies to everyone else~!

Of course, unless you'd rather your characters be often killed. Then by all means- engage in the RP that your heart desires :D
I simply endeavor to keep this a happy place for people who want it to be happy, and maybe a slightly grungy happy place for folks who'd rather that. The map is big enough for everyone ^^
But I wouldn't consider it unnecessary. Killing off the leaders makes the followers without leadership. It wouldn't be mindless.

skuller

Lord of Altera
Edit: If Tybalt wants to stand up for his lands and take the risks that this entails, then he is perfectly welcome to do so. You all know the risks now, and your characters should have a fear of death irregardless of OOC changes. Humpfries character might think that maybe he doesn't want to take the risk of the Grey Ladys Gate today, and maybe go hide a bit and try and subterfuge Lavoyard. So on and so forth!
Oh, Ok but this would change characters who were used to the old system and their personality which might of been centered around that. So people'd have to progress their character to get used to the new system. Thanks for all the help.

Honestly thank you for all of the patience and answers it's been really helpful to me. Hopefully other like @MaelstromPuddle Thanks again Mich.

Michcat

Oh, Ok but this would change characters who were used to the old system and their personality which might of been centered around that. So people'd have to progress their character to get used to the new system. Thanks for all the help.

Honestly thank you for all of the patience and answers it's been really helpful to me. Hopefully other like @MaelstromPuddle Thanks again Mich.
Aye, hopefully folks can progress ICly without too many accidents. Although, there have been a few characters who choose the 'permadead' option when they die. Maybe that can influence attitudes? All in all, I am actually quite excited to see things play out :D

-Its no problem at all! Feel free to bug me through the forums or ingame if you have any concerns or suggestions, or simply want something clarified! (That goes for everyone)

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
So no one can complain about not knowing where to find it:

How to read divine laws?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'll clarify my last post for y'all.

The Prisoner's Dilemma is a classic example of game theory which shows why two individuals (or two groups, as it were) might not cooperate despite it being in their best interest to do so. Usually this is set up with prisoners and prison term lengths, but I'll use Alteran examples.
  • If Lavoyard and Engem both kill members of the opposing organization, they'll eventually all have permadead members and nobody left to populate their ranks, as well as having a reputation for violence.
  • If Lavoyard (or Engem) exclusively kills Engem (or Lavoyard) without retaliatory kills, soon the opposition will have no members left to fight back.
  • If neither side kills the opposition, everyone gets to keep their characters and the organizations both get to stay strong.
Because scenario 2 offers a greater reward than scenario 3, a self-interested organization would betray the other for maximum gain. Knowing this, the other organization might choose scenario 2 as well, and then we're in scenario 1. Though it seems almost counterintuitive, the very best solution here is to go scenario 3 and not kill the other guys. I'll even mention how in a past post on best RPing practices I mentioned that RPing injury is far preferable to waiting for revival, and that characters facing adversity get the best development. The best situation, then, is to attempt to incapacitate rather than kill, since it's a much more fun solution for both sides and nobody gets permakilled and OOCly upset.