Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Quick intro to Makani

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner

Let's Welcome a New Race!!

Greetings Alterans,

We're here to formally announce the reveal if the new Makani Race {Please read first!}, an avian humanoid indigenous to the rocky island of Vata’inu. Read up on them with Niah's introduction!

This new reveal comes with the option of purchasing an Elytra Wing, or how we dub it now- "Wings of Makani". These are purchasable by Eeyei near the Cobble and Ink trader in the Slum markets. They are purchasable for 4.5k, which is equivalent to 25 blocks of Emeralds.
MakaniWings2.png

A set of unbreakable wings has been added, these are purchasable for 11.52k, which is equivalent to 64 blocks of Emeralds.
MakaniWings.png

They are repairable with a leather item, therefor- can last you a very long time with little repair costs. They can be worn OOCly, but please don't wear them if you are in character in a crowd, or use them to distract others from Roleplay, especially during events. Only Makani can wear them for optional roleplay purposes, IC. If you abuse the wings, we'll have to remove them or more.

Enjoy new interactions!

Due to growing interest in the Makani, applications being sent, and the fact that the location of the rest of the Makani's journey to our continent is not yet cemented (it will be coming soon), the next batch of Makani will not be launched today. Just a disclaimer for the eager folk. Official stance is sometime this week, so do not worry, merely prepare your applications and have a thorough read.

Thanks,
Niah Solus

Last edited by a moderator:

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
To applicate or to not applicate...

On one hand I want to be special, on the other hand I already got characters I already am struggling to RP as

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Can non Makani romance em? Just asking....

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
After reading in depth I would like to offer one constructive critique point for you on the Phisiological side in terms of body-powered flight for human sized things. Have had to do math on it before.

Height: Between 5’0ft and 6’0ft, depending on clan and gender.
Weight: Between 90lbs and 140lbs
Build: Females are tall and slender, compared to males who are usually shorter and slightly more stocky. Their upper body tends to have significant musculature due to their wing

There's just a liiitle bit off with this combination of mass and height and musculature and aerodynamics and the later mentioned wingspan stuff. Basically they'd sortof need to have pretty much no-swole in addition to low-density bone mass, and I think it might make sense to drop the word 'significantly' here.

If that's the height range you'd be looking at a necessary wingspan of.. ~27ft. Ish. (Which I think is pretty cool but you'll develop an intense dislike of doors.) It's a bit more than the suggested numbers,

Anywho, is still coolio, and this is just suggested minor modification stuff, but as best I can tell they don't have any magic involved in the flight mechanics so I thought it might be useful.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
:')

..That is called bestiality, Sankera.. and is frowned upon in society...
Serious note- there's a prompt about it in the Lore, I believe
It aint that if they sentient ~

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I don't know why anybody is surprised at that question when we all know outright Sankera would try to light their wick with a fire elemental if they could.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I don't know why anybody is surprised at that question when we all know outright Sankera would try to light their wick with a fire elemental if they could.
32f02c61-a85c-4e51-825d-c7f4e407b4fc.jpg

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Seems like the time is right for everyone to hurl poorly thought out new races at the staff. I'm thinking talking skeletons and all of them are called Clacks. Or a new kind of elf that's even more haughty and irritating than the current haughty and annoying elves.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Seems like the time is right for everyone to hurl poorly thought out new races at the staff. I'm thinking talking skeletons and all of them are called Clacks. Or a new kind of elf that's even more haughty and irritating than the current haughty and annoying elves.
I was thinking, rock like people would be even better.