Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Quick intro to Makani

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I'd always fancied something with vestigial wings. Not like, "Look at me, I'm an angel. Look at me, I can fly." That would go too much to Syrien territory in the type of players it'd attract. Not only that, but also we don't need flying characters. No, nonono. But a race that could once fly, but can no longer. Perhaps a race who needed the use of magic to make their wings truly effective. The loss of magic leaves the wings a heavy burden and reminder. Or a race who took refuge underground due to some catastrophe and over a long time, generation after generation, their wings lost strength and effectiveness. (Bat people anyone? Eh? Eh? j/k)

I don't know what race that would be. But it's what I just came up with on the spot. Broody wing types, go!~

Well. Little bit different from then to now. heh..

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Due to growing interest in the Makani, applications being sent, and the fact that the location of the rest of the Makani's journey to our continent is not yet cemented (it will be coming soon), the next batch of Makani will not be launched today. Just a disclaimer for the eager folk. Official stance is sometime this week, so do not worry, merely prepare your applications and have a thorough read.

Thanks,
Niah Solus

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
I wonder how these birds hold their liquor while they're in the air. Driving while drunk is hard enough as it is. :p

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I wonder how these birds hold their liquor while they're in the air. Driving while drunk is hard enough as it is. :p
Birds are extremely vulnerable to alcohol. Humans are actually one of the most durable species out there when it comes to various toxins. What would kill a whole pack of dogs a human can eat with no ill effects despite it being toxic to both species.

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
Seeing as they're decorative, is it possible that they would paint their feathers during a festival, or the hunting ones would paint their cheeks with blood, similar to say, war paint? Would they use shiny things like a polished rock in a bracelet, possibly making jewelry a thiing?

Soccernut13

Lord of Altera
Ooh boy. A big cat Nakam seeing a big bird Makani for the first time. Now that would be interesting. Besides that, it's nice to see another race people can apply to try and play. Looks awesome lore team :).

Magiik

Lord of Altera
Seeing as they're decorative, is it possible that they would paint their feathers during a festival, or the hunting ones would paint their cheeks with blood, similar to say, war paint?
I'm not involved in the lore in any way, but there are birds that use pigment that they don't naturally produce to decorate themselves (bearded vultures). I mean, it's dirt, but it's not completely unfeasible. Wet paints and dyes and blood would likely be a bad idea for the same reason as they try to avoid getting wet (it can actually mess up their ability to stay warm).

This is not based in the lore of the Makani. This is entirely based on my (possibly slightly incorrect) knowledge of birds.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Ooh boy. A big cat Nakam seeing a big bird Makani for the first time. Now that would be interesting. Besides that, it's nice to see another race people can apply to try and play. Looks awesome lore team :).
I know Shrimpsy Er'dy was on the ship, Tevis briefly noticed the big cat and his reaction was.. interesting. :p

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
KENKU

This is a positive change for the server. Definitely tempting to start being active again

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
when someone has to ask if they can shag a bird race you know how far a place has gone down