Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Quick intro to Makani

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
when someone has to ask if they can shag a bird race you know how far a place has gone down
you unironically said your character lived off a strict diet of wolf hearts

we were down before this it seems

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Removed a comment.

Edit: If you have to resort to bypassing our forum rules to insult someone, then I need you to rethink your own life.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
We're all terrible for our own stupid reasons. Don't turn this into a pissing contest of who can make fun of who for what reason, because odds are there's something super dumb that you've done that's just as bad. Keep on track with the thread, it's not that hard.

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
Regarding the dye thing, they are powder before water is added! Since their feathers use a powder instead of oil, dye would likely not harm them if they dipped their wing tips in it~

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
Can I make manicotti with Makani? It's not considered cannibalism . . . Especially if it tastes like chicken . . . *INTERNAL DISCUSSION INTENSIFIES*

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
After reading in depth I would like to offer one constructive critique point for you on the Phisiological side in terms of body-powered flight for human sized things. Have had to do math on it before.

Height: Between 5’0ft and 6’0ft, depending on clan and gender.
Weight: Between 90lbs and 140lbs
Build: Females are tall and slender, compared to males who are usually shorter and slightly more stocky. Their upper body tends to have significant musculature due to their wing

There's just a liiitle bit off with this combination of mass and height and musculature and aerodynamics and the later mentioned wingspan stuff. Basically they'd sortof need to have pretty much no-swole in addition to low-density bone mass, and I think it might make sense to drop the word 'significantly' here.

If that's the height range you'd be looking at a necessary wingspan of.. ~27ft. Ish. (Which I think is pretty cool but you'll develop an intense dislike of doors.) It's a bit more than the suggested numbers,

Anywho, is still coolio, and this is just suggested minor modification stuff, but as best I can tell they don't have any magic involved in the flight mechanics so I thought it might be useful.
I poked you on skype about this bit, just for clarification.
Seems like the time is right for everyone to hurl poorly thought out new races at the staff. I'm thinking talking skeletons and all of them are called Clacks. Or a new kind of elf that's even more haughty and irritating than the current haughty and annoying elves.
If there is a specific aspect you find poorly thought out, please let me know.
Can't wait to see them played as humans with wings tho
Hopefully this will not be the case.
I wonder how these birds hold their liquor while they're in the air. Driving while drunk is hard enough as it is. :p
Not well, likely.
Birds are extremely vulnerable to alcohol. Humans are actually one of the most durable species out there when it comes to various toxins. What would kill a whole pack of dogs a human can eat with no ill effects despite it being toxic to both species.
Cats also can't have alcohol, but nakam drink. It's one of those things that they share similarities to birds, but are not actual birds.
Seeing as they're decorative, is it possible that they would paint their feathers during a festival, or the hunting ones would paint their cheeks with blood, similar to say, war paint? Would they use shiny things like a polished rock in a bracelet, possibly making jewelry a thiing?
It would be an insult to ones Clan to mask feathers and paint over them. More likely that they would be adorned with bright strips of cloth, and adornments on clothing rather than painting themselves. Jewelry is a thing as well, with the exception of metal since they have no understanding of smithing. Wood, bone, twine, hemp, beads, etc. If a makani were to like shiny things, it'd be like any other character liking shiny things. But it is not a race characteristic.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Cats also can't have alcohol, but nakam drink. It's one of those things that they share similarities to birds, but are not actual birds.
If I remember correctly, Nakam lore also states how poorly they handle their alcohol.