Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Quick intro to Makani

Magiik

Lord of Altera
If I remember correctly, Nakam lore also states how poorly they handle their alcohol.
It was more they get drunk quickly due to high metabolism, but also get better faster. Their alcohol is also insanely strong, so maybe it's just a product of what they brew.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
It was more they get drunk quickly due to high metabolism, but also get better faster. Their alcohol is also insanely strong, so maybe it's just a product of what they brew.
Something like that, yeah.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
So does makani lore.
I don't think the birdmans are poorly thought out, it's just that whenever anything to do with races comes up someone inevitably asks for lizard people, and there've been more than a few bad attempts to introduce new races (cough grimm_reaper cough).

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
[ +Update ]
A new Unbreakable Wing option has been added for 64 Emerald Blocks. We are offering full refunds on money spent. If you hand over your current wings, we will destroy them then return you the original price you paid, 7.2k radiants.​

Colonelgames

Lord of Altera
Colonelgames
Colonelgames
[ +Update ]
A new Unbreakable Wing option has been added for 64 Emerald Blocks. We are offering full refunds on money spent. If you hand over your current wings, we will destroy them then return you the original price you paid, 7.2k radiants.​
I've got a pair I paid 7.2k for~

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Them, They, Theirs
- Wah

you called this down over yourself and you know it

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
One big (and stupid) part of the lore was always that there was no sentient life outside of the Northern Kingdoms and there wasn't any before we came along which is why the gods chose this world to move into. I'm guessing this has now been retconned and there is life outside of NK?

Also, Owlboy.

Edit: I should add that I like the new race, it looks a bit OP for military applications but it's cool

Narvendel

Lord of Altera
From what I understand of the lore is that the Makani god created them independent of the Alteran gods, seeming to be something more along the lines of a primordial being that everything else exists within. The fact that he could observe the beginning of the other gods and watch the peoples they created destroy and move from world to world would imply that his realm/embodiment of the "sky" is actually space. Vata'inu was possibly a self-contained ecosystem that could travel between worlds (as the Makani played host to groundlings previously). So maybe the Makani are astrobirbs. But this is just conjecture that I just now thought up based on a review of the information we have.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
From what I understand of the lore is that the Makani god created them independent of the Alteran gods, seeming to be something more along the lines of a primordial being that everything else exists within. The fact that he could observe the beginning of the other gods and watch the peoples they created destroy and move from world to world would imply that his realm/embodiment of the "sky" is actually space. Vata'inu was possibly a self-contained ecosystem that could travel between worlds (as the Makani played host to groundlings previously). So maybe the Makani are astrobirbs. But this is just conjecture that I just now thought up based on a review of the information we have.
Problem: The gods are manufactured, not natural things. Either the Makani god is an Immortal King or it's a side project a King forgot about