Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Rían (Rian)

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend

A barbarian
whose luck has finally worn thin. Hacking, chopping, and impaling his way to notoriety brought him few friends and many foes. A dead man, who, for far too long, stumbled from fight to fight in a bellicose stupor. A gambler that ascended the highest peak of prodigality, and took the fall, all the way down...

There was once the son of
Rex of Lonmar, but no more.

His head ringing from the night before--partially from alcohol, partially from the blow to his head--Rían awakens to find his pockets, once filled with the coins earned from heated barfights and bloody duels, completely empty.

He is strong like his father, and a tenacious alcoholic like his mother. And for a while, he was lucky. He fought and lived like a savage: untrained, and uncivilized, recklessly riding on the wave of his spell of good fortune without thinking once, acting on impulse. But such a crude approach to living and fighting can only work for so long. Now, with the only possession of worth being his name and blood, he is a barbarian.

Whose luck has finally worn thin.

Last edited:

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
Rían

KEY INFORMATION:
He appears to be between his late twenties and thirties.
Race: Human.
Social Status: Peasantry.
Height: Inheriting both the blood of Rex and a Varyn has endowed him with an impressive height of 6'7. Much to his chagrin, it is an inch short of his sister.
Weight: Somewhere within the vicinity of 300 lbs (136kg; 22 stone).
He does not know when he was born. He is unsure of where he is from. And he certainly doesn't know what to consider home.

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build:
His towering height, broad shoulders, and sinewy, muscular frame impose on virtually anyone that would cross his path or stand in his way.
Hair: A reddish-orange mixture that does not quite match up to the fiery red of his sister's, Sylvi. As depicted above, it tends to be coarsely swept back, and is longer at the top and cropped on the sides.
Eyes: Green, just as his mother's.
Skin: Fair. Very slightly freckled and seasoned in complexion.
Identifying Marks: Any scars he possesses that on their own might serve as an identifier have been effaced by scores of others riddled across his body.
Appearance: Rían bristles with power that flaunts itself in all of his movements and mannerisms, from slamming down a tankard, to his self-assured and lumbering gait. A large and dangerous sight that never fails to fearfully turn heads. He is unfailingly gruff in his demeanor and almost always disheveled and darkened with stubble.
Clothing: A weathered grayish-brown coat somewhat trim to his frame. Light enough to wear in hotter climates and heavy enough to make the cold bearable. Strapped to his left shoulder is a large leather pauldron that he wears atop the coat and seldom removes. His long breaches, in contrast to the grayish-browns of his coat, are a solid brown with a myriad of pockets. The breaches fit him tightly enough to avoid bagginess (especially important with items in the pockets), but not to the extent that it hinders his movement or causes discomfort. He keeps the leggings tucked into his boots more often than not, which are a faded black with thin soles. His white undershirt is perhaps the only article of clothing he replaces frequently.
Weaponry: An unremarkable but high-quality round and wooden shield, rimmed with a sturdy layer of steel to prevent the wood from being rent from a slash to its side. Capable of blocking arrows. His sword is a tad more impressive: a long and gleaming gladius with filigree engravings, a significant upgrade from his rusted gladius of old.
Prized Possessions: An eyepatch worn by his mother.
Hygiene: Barbaric.
Voice: Deep like his father's, but raspier and thicker in its accent (click here to listen).

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths:
His physical strength, for one, tends to be quite useful. When he is not drunk, he is sure and lightfooted and oddly capable of stealth. Some may see it as a flaw, but Rían is brutishly headstrong. His unwavering will in his goals and impulses makes him significantly more resilient--and more often than not, dangerous--than others.
Fears: What does a barbarian fear, one must wonder?
Weaknesses: While not quite as much of a drunkard as his mother, sobriety is something that he could do with maintaining more often. He is impulsive to a fault, brash, and apparently unable to make decisions that account for more than a day ahead of time. Any conflict that he barrels into, no matter how small or petty, has the potential to explosively escalate into a violent brawl.
Intelligence: Uneducated, save for his rudimentary literacy that he acquired as a young boy, Rían, to some, may seem to embody the typical drunkard northerner. But what he lacks in education he compensates in an experience of gruesome failures and (lucky) successes. Whether or not he will be wise enough to use this experience and reflect on his hardships is another question entirely.
Languages: Common.
Profession: With the revelation that he is somewhat of a fuck-up and no longer able to consider gambling, barfighting, and looting fallen foes a sustainable profession, he meanders waywardly and undertakes anything with the promise of coin, from odd jobs, to mercenary work, to lucrative adventures. He has on multiple occasions killed or hunted rare and dangerous game, to include wendigos, kaiser scorpions, bears, and albino lions.

INSPIRATIONS: Logen Ninefingers, the Bloody Nine.

Last edited:

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
Relations
Warning: vulgar language.

Loved
____

Sylvi (Elz): "Sister. Where be ye...?"

Liked
____

Eltsir (Eltsir): "He knows me father, 'n was quick t'call me a brother after escapin' th' dungeon. Patched me leg up as well. Not bad for a rich elf bastard. Think we might 'ave somethin'."

Arnaud (Axex): "The Father is 'un o' those Ignis coonts, but 'e's a fighter and not a 'alf bad lad. Look forward t'workin' with 'im."

Josephine (Charybdis): "She be more than she seems... 'n tha' makes her th' interestin' sort."

Jaxon (Michcat): "Brother o' Evelyn. Good lad tha' I can share a drink with. Helped me with his sister, bu' I still focked it up. He be a blacksmith, no doubt a good friend t'have."

Evelyn (Lannis): "I like her. But it might be tha' she's too good for a bloody barbarian like me."

Neutral
____

Virnaak (Vincentius): "What th' fock be wrong with his skin? Lad needs to eat more. Want to be helpin' 'im. Dunnae why."

Vashti (Charybdis): "Almost be a big of a coont as me. 'Least she be likin' to drink."

Iskvandar (Vincentius): "Not a complete coont once ye've got a few drinks in 'im."

Syr (Arken): "Bit o' a young lad. Humble 'nough. 'N fock if I give a bloody shite, he be payin' me in rum 'n gold."

Aryus (Mitch): "Had each other's back's in there. 'ppreciate what 'e did to help me fight our way out."

Ward (Tarron): "Met 'im with th' Father. Quiet, but seemed th' competent sort. Good man t'have me back."

Nwalme (blargtheawesome):"Not tha' bad. Cunning 'un, I can tell. Nice enough t'give me some gold. Don't mind workin' fer 'im."

Harlow (Hannah): "She be 'un o' them Rangers or th' like. Might be tha' we could teach each other's crafts. Would be nice t'use a bow."

Jaden (CloakedReaper): "I'll be comin' for me whiskey, coont. But he be a straightforward lad. Might be a bit grim but he be nice enough. Would like 'im more if weren't be puttin' spice in me chicken."

Elwyn (Charybdis): "Always seems t'be pissed but actually not tha' bad when she's not clubbin' noggins. She better be treatin' Eltsir well."

Brutus: (Old-Seadog): "Ol' bastard be cryptic as they come, but 'e be havin' a strategic mind, 'n good weapons 'n trainin'."

Orvar (Sir Andrew Wallins): "Tha' little stunt we did was worth th' surprise on tha' knight bastard's face."

Unsure
____

Oliver (Glados): "Barely be knowin' 'im."

Gelyk II (Rygan): "Looks t'me tha' he be knowin' how t'hold himself in a bloody fight."

Last edited: