Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

R_O_B_E_rt's fantastic application. [Approved - Vincentius]

R_O_B_E_rt

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
R_O_B_E_rt

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The most civilised nation to ever grace this floating space rock, Great Britain :’)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-gaming is the acquisition of ooc knowledge and then the application of said knowledge without gaining said information in character. Power-gaming is defined as performing actions which strip the other players in that scenario of adequately responding or taking an action. Some people also lump god-modding into powergaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, this isn’t an eastern european rAiD server with hacks allowed.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Vincentius.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Bonjour. As you could hopefully guess from my IGN, my name’s Rob, or Mister Rob. Not to be confused with Robber, that’s what I do when you make a good meme template and I want some of that mOnEy. I’ve been roleplaying for a solid 6 years now, since I was about 15. I play a bunch of different games, the ones I mainly play these days being Dota 2, older total war games like Medieval and Rome, Civ 5 and Stellaris. I’m an Engineering student working a part time job at a british supermarket. I’m usually in a super laid-back mode, unless something serious is actually kicking off.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Ha. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Man can’t build. I could show a sick total war screenshot but nOpE.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I know like 3 people here, known three of them for so long I can’t even remember their IGNs that well. (Only Reaper Angel and Overlord, ayyyyy)

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Edward Camble

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
He has shaggy brown hair, long and well kept beard, deep green eyes, average height at 6ft. He’s a stocky workhorse, strong arms used to work the fields.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
http://prntscr.com/linv2t

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

As the sun went down and the cold air began battering his front door, Edward fumbled around for a moment by his pile of firewood, shivering slightly from the draft seeping from the ever so slightly damaged door to his house. He never the less shuffled his way over to the fire, dumping off what he had into a loose pile before making the attempt to spark up a flame. His shivering didn’t help him in this endevour, but he managed to set a few wood shavings alight. He leaned down and blew into the fledgling fire, trying to provoke the flames to spread to larger blocks of firewood he’d collected earlier. After he was satisfied with the fire, and the warmth from hearth eased his shivering, he gripped onto the arms of his chair and hoisted himself up before setting himself down once more in his seat.

For what time he had, his mind wandered while his body regained its heat. For Edward was a farmer, a peasant maintaining the land, and as such it had also been his duty to defend it when in danger. His fingers weaved their way into his beard as he scratched at his chin, a soft sigh escaping him as he thought back to the few experiences he had in combat. He’d always looked away whenever the arrow finally loosened, never spending a moment to see if he struck true. He had a duty, but the thought of having potentially taken the lives of people like him still weighed down on him. His hand dropped down from his beard and into the comfort of his other hand, rubbing them together as his body leaned forward. He placed his elbows against his knees and held his head up on his hands, eyes ever fixated on the flames.

He dwelled on his thoughts longer, his eyes darting around his small dwelling. He had all sorts of things that he couldn’t use, several books stacked up on a table that he couldn’t read. A few splintered arrows beside his quiver. A frustrated huff left his lips as he pulled himself up and out of his chair. He was satisfied finally with the heat of the room, and elected to meander his way over to his bed at a casual pace. After fiddling with a few loose knick-knacks on his table, he sat on his bed and pulled his simple shoes off, kicking his feet up and laying his head back. He slowly but surely drifted off to sleep, to do all that he had today all over again the next.

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.