Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Raptor_Lord_ application [Approved - Vincentius]

RaptorLord

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Raptor_Lord_

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is breaking the 4th wall using your own knowledge as if it were your character's, e.g. calling out to a stranger in a crowd using the name above their head even though you wouldn't actually know their name

Powergaming is the act of forcing your role play upon a situation in favor of yourself, e.g. "I pull my dagger from its hardened sheath plunging it into your heart, quietly listening as your last breath leaves your lips"

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
hi my name is Austin as most people who apply to join I am as well an avid fan of role play, as I run multiple games of D&D as a DM and as a player occasionally. I truly enjoy creating the personality and voices of the npcs of my campaigns whether it be a grouchy old lady or a brutish innkeeper with a grizzly voice. as long as I'm spending time with my friends I'm down for whatever except watching horror movies I'm not good with scary stuff

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
this is the map I made for my current D&D campaign

1539593407949.png

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
jonmitchell, a few friends and I were interested in getting into a role play serve and our friend found your guys server

About Your Character!
Character Name
:
Balakros Mudrost

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
2018-10-15_01.55.47.png
2018-10-15_01.56.11.png
Written Test!
Balakros Mudrost was, by all account not a happy boy. Having balded at the young age of 10 from a rare condition the apothecary could not identify and having been named Balakros, a name which can mean to be clean or to be bald, he was truly a child cursed by the gods. It was perhaps because of this inexplicable life curse that he grew the way he did , obsessed with knowledge. After teaching himself to read he left his parents in their slums with nary a second thought to join the upper echelons of society as a scribe. Apprenticing under the great Pameten Pisatelot, and after many years of hard work and dedication Balakros had become a minor scribe. Buried in his books from dawn to dusk, he soon received word of Pisatelot death and was forced to take his job being the closest one to Pisatelot at the time, becoming lead scribe to Lord Antagonos himself. Yes Balakros was rising and one might think that he would be happy, and yet strangely he was not. For you see, Balakros was thrown into the position of lead scribe knowing not what he must do and Antagonos was of no help becoming obsessed with the practice of the old gods and tributing for their magic power, he had raped the lands and its people of all their livelihood. So bad was it that plague and famine was all that the people could look forward to. Yes, Balakros had found himself in the service of a wretched lord… but this was not what bothered him the most. No, instead what bothered him was two simple things; Antagonos would only allow him to record his exploits (a task which bored Balakros above all as he already knew what each days exploits would bring and he could not pursue expertise in his position) and above all else… Antagonos would not stop calling him Balakros the Bald. And so it was with pen and paper in hand, Balakros took to undermining the lord and becoming one of the elements of his userption. Of course the next lord would be just as bad and it would not be till the forming of the council he joined later that things truly took a turn for the better, but Balakros could honestly care less. The new lord did not call him ‘the Bald’ and the new council let him write of all the lands happenings to his heart's content. And at day’s end, that’s all Balakros really wanted, to learn the ways of a lead scribe and explore new knowledge and not to be called bald.

Last edited:

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
Hello there. Your application is looking pretty alright, but there is one point that sticks out to me:
  • Your test is written well, but your character's rise and surpassing of NPC superiors is something discouraged, as major character accomplishments should be achieved through roleplay, rather than backstory. Your character can be an intellectual, but he should not achieve fame or notable standing right off the bat because of it.
Let me know when this backstory has been changed, and we will be closer to approving your application. If you desire further clarification, don't hesitate to make an inquiry with one of us mentors. Thank you.

RaptorLord

Villager
Just edited, if it needs some more work ill try to fix it as quick as possible so that you dont have to spend an eternity on me but I do appreciate your quick response.

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.