Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Re-enabling Shopkeepers, new Auction House

D

Dark Auras

We have re-enabled Shopkeepers on the server. With this you will be able to create villager shops (Similar to what we have in Storm's Landing). To create a Shopkeeper shop, you must purchase a villager egg from Shophub, place a chest in the area you desire your Shopkeeper to be, right click the air to select the type of shop you want (It will come up in chat cycling the options - Sell, trade, buy, books etc). Once you have selected the type of shop you want, right click the chest, then click where you want the villager to go. You can sneak-right click the villager to name it as well as change its appearance. This is also where you set your trades. You must put the items you want to sell in the Chest, and set it up through the editor.
Diagram below:

This is for a "Trade" shop. A sell/buy shop will only use Emeralds. When you place an item, the editor will show "Slimeballs". Click/Right Click these to change the values required to purchase.

Also, we have implemented an Auction House into the server. The way to access this is through the command "/ah". This will bring up a menu where you can look through items for sale, which you can click and purchase. You can sell items by holding the item you want to sell in your hand (Including the amount you want to sell), and use "/ah sell [Price]".
For example: If I am holding 32 Steak and I do /ah sell 200, that will sell 32 steak in the Auction House for 200 total.

NOTE: There is a 15% tax on the seller for using the Auction House. It is taken off when the item is sold and there is no listing price, therefore you will not lose anything if your item expires. Items can be on the market for 48 hours before they will automatically expire and you will need to retrieve them with /ah expired

Any questions please ask below!

D

Dark Auras

Can we auction Rp items? Or is this just OOC?
Mainly for OOC purposes - Would recommend using actual shops/RP to purchase/sell RP items. Materials/enchant books etc should be fine, but I would avoid it for RPly created swords/etc.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
is there any notification if your items are sold whilst you are offline?

Thank you for doing this. This will help economy. I approve the auction house thing, and I like that it's taxed. Keep up the good work!

I'm Antilogy and I approve this message.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Yaaay auction house is sort of back (I liked how items didn't expire and I could browse and buy all the minerals at once :p ) Awesome! Looking forward to using it :D

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
suck my artistic brush and call me Picasso I’m screaming with drooling sparkly rainbows of excitement

Could also do designated times where auctions last longer. Like a market festival in Storms Landing with a week long auction limit.

But don't make it too easy to sell or regular shops won't get any business, even with 15% tax

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Could also do designated times where auctions last longer. Like a market festival in Storms Landing with a week long auction limit.

But don't make it too easy to sell or regular shops won't get any business, even with 15% tax
Back in the days of the original auction house, items stayed way longer than a week and chest-shops shops still got plenty of business ;)

D

Dark Auras

We can extend it - Once I'm home I'll bump it to 4 days to expire. I'd rather not do much longer so it doesn't get too cluttered.