Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Relationships and YOU!

Gregor

Lord of Altera
6: MARRIAGE DOESNT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT, and neither does "bow chika wow wows" keep in mind what your character is like and make sure they follow that guideline when they move on in a relationship. If your character wants to move on slowly, but their partner is pushing to take the next step, don't just say OOC'ly "That wouldn't happen cause my character wouldnt like it." Instead, show your character doesn't like it, and then take the response you deem appropriate, notice I didn't say "Have them deny it", it's quite simple, some people are pushovers, they might not want to take the next step, but if their partner wants to do so, they might give in. Like I said, stick to the character, this is your holy rule, follow it above all else... unless it gets you banned, then don't.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
please try to stay somewhat on topic, and I'd appreciate it if no songs like that were posted on this thread due to the fact this is supposed to be informatory and help out people who might not be the best at rp in different cases, this one being to help them with their characters' relationships.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
It was relevant, I was merely curious as to why the thread was made. There doesn't seem to be problems with RP Relationships at all.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
It was relevant, I was merely curious as to why the thread was made. There doesn't seem to be problems with RP Relationships at all.
first of all...no it wasn't and I'd rather not argue about this on the thread, secondly, this isn't made only for the fact of problems occurring, which some of them are, I made this thread to attempt to help new players get some help when they rp. Does everyone need this? No. Are all of these things meant to be kept in mind when rping? No, only the relevant stuff. But I have seen new players get together and apparently be "in love" when all they do is kiss and continue kissing for quite a while, maybe not on this server entirely, but I've seen it in general. This is meant as a help guideline, it's like Tybalt's thread for combat rp, though in less detail and on a different topic

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
It's not an argument, its a discussion.

Perhaps, think about it here. That a decent passionate kiss is someones way of expressing deep passion / love for a person? As, like a hug, maybe their way of expression? There are people who just immediately think the world of someone, and they are intertwined for the rest of their lives.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Would there be a dominant stereotype, that the males are the one to take initiative, or would it be treated equally for both sides?

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
It's not an argument, its a discussion.

Perhaps, think about it here. That a decent passionate kiss is someones way of expressing deep passion / love for a person? As, like a hug, maybe their way of expression? There are people who just immediately think the world of someone, and they are intertwined for the rest of their lives.
kissing isn't talking, like i stated, if all the couple is doing is kissing, that's not getting to know eachother, communication is key in a relationship
upload_2015-12-12_14-49-43.png

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Would there be a dominant stereotype, that the males are the one to take initiative, or would it be treated equally for both sides?
normally, I'd say the male would take the initiative, however, Altera and the Northern kingdoms, while still a bit sexist in that ther are some male dominated jobs (Blacksmithing, which kinda makes sense due to men usually having more upper body strength) there are many times where women are much more accepted in the society than the middle age culture Altera seems to reflect, as such, I would say that it's usually the male who takes the initiative in the relationship, but having a female do so would not be uncommon.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
But keep in mind it's just a game... It's not like its real life.
also keep in mind that Altera is based off real life in many ways. Plus I can guarantee that there is no succesful couple that exists without some form of communication between one another, now please, I'd rather not have a huge argument OR discussion taking up a large amount of this thread, if you're going to post, please let it be small things that you should think should be added, things i should change and why, or things I should remove and why.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
also keep in mind that Altera is based off real life in many ways. Plus I can guarantee that there is no succesful couple that exists without some form of communication between one another, now please, I'd rather not have a huge argument OR discussion taking up a large amount of this thread, if you're going to post, please let it be small things that you should think should be added, things i should change and why, or things I should remove and why.
I think people should be able to role-play their relationships the way they want... Doesn't affect role-play majorly... Sure the combat guide was a great idea because it's pretty easy to meta game but this thread is just trying to restrict more rp by making people do it a certain way.
Thats what rp is for... A fantasy that you can live in game! Doesn't have to be completely correct. People should be able to do it how they'd like.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I think people should be able to role-play their relationships the way they want... Doesn't affect role-play majorly... Sure the combat guide was a great idea because it's pretty easy to meta game but this thread is just trying to restrict more rp by making people do it a certain way.
Thats what rp is for... A fantasy that you can live in game! Doesn't have to be completely correct. People should be able to do it how they'd like.
like I said in the post this is meant to be a guideline, like people can actually fight however the heck they want and tybalt was giving tips. I'm not saying you have to act this way, I stated this before. I'm simply saying "I would keep these things in mind when you have your characters interact." Because, im not going to lie, if I see two people "fall in love" by looking at each other, kiss qithout really talking for 4-5 logs of chat, and get married...I'm not going to want to interact with them. Because they're whole couple thing, as far as I know, is going to be calling eachother "Puppy names" and making out in front of my character...who would then leave in either awkwarrdness or anger at being rudely ignored (seeing as they'd be there for a reason in the first place) love isn't super completely overwhelming to the point where that person is all you think about...that's obsession. Love is a strong, yet subtle feeling that heavily influences you, without consuming every aspect of thought from your head.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
But its not endorsed, and probably should never be, it just adds a layer that is heavily restrictive.