Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Relationships and YOU!

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
like I said in the post this is meant to be a guideline, like people can actually fight however the heck they want and tybalt was giving tips. I'm not saying you have to act this way, I stated this before. I'm simply saying "I would keep these things in mind when you have your characters interact." Because, im not going to lie, if I see two people "fall in love" by looking at each other, kiss qithout really talking for 4-5 logs of chat, and get married...I'm not going to want to interact with them. Because they're whole couple thing, as far as I know, is going to be calling eachother "Puppy names" and making out in front of my character...who would then leave in either awkwarrdness or anger at being rudely ignored (seeing as they'd be there for a reason in the first place) love isn't super completely overwhelming to the point where that person is all you think about...that's obsession. Love is a strong, yet subtle feeling that heavily influences you, without consuming every aspect of thought from your head.
Thats kinda how irl relationships are with teens nowadays! XD
See each other... Kiss... Pet names... And don't talk much!

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Thats kinda how irl relationships are with teens nowadays! XD
See each other... Kiss... Pet names... And don't talk much!
yeah...those dont tend to get far... saw a guy that was in relationships like that get dumped three times in a month. oh, and editted the original post to make it clearer that these aren't laws, these aren't rules, these are guidelines to have a more believable relationship, and one you can have more fun rping, trust me, it's interesting to learn about some characters IC'ly rather than just read a profile and have your character learn offscreen because it would make sense...that's...that's just boring.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
To be fair they weren't really taken as rules/laws in the first place-

I just think it's weird to tell people how they should handle their relationships. Everyone is different, let people do what they want. How you want to handle your relationships is your deal, but others do it in other ways. Though, do as you do.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
To be fair they weren't really taken as rules/laws in the first place-

I just think it's weird to tell people how they should handle their relationships. Everyone is different, let people do what they want. How you want to handle your relationships is your deal, but others do it in other ways. Though, do as you do.
last time im gonna repeat this

This isn't a thread to tell you how you're characters should interact with people, it's a thread to tell you some key things to keep in mind, after all, I don't know your character, you do!
all this thread was meant to do, was give general guidelines...i know people handle relationships their own ways...but I don't think any of them do marriage a day after meeting.

Last edited:

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
last time im gonna repeat this

all this thread was meant to do, was give general guidelines...i know people handle relationships their own ways...but I don't think any of them do marriage a day after meeting.
I don't need you to repeat anything, especially if it seems like you're not too excited about doing so. I can read, my post was my opinion friend.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
It's not an argument, its a discussion.

Perhaps, think about it here. That a decent passionate kiss is someones way of expressing deep passion / love for a person? As, like a hug, maybe their way of expression? There are people who just immediately think the world of someone, and they are intertwined for the rest of their lives.
This doesn't happen. This doesn't exist. This is a myth. Please do not run around RPing it, it breaks my immersion and is just uncomfortable. The strongest affections are not explosive and sudden, they are the ones that are built up. Whether for weeks or years or more.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I don't need you to repeat anything, especially if it seems like you're not too excited about doing so. I can read, my post was my opinion friend.
You know what you're doing. Stop it. Cyberchaos has created this thread with the sole intent to provide a basis for people who might not know very well what is a good way to roleplay relationships. Seeing you both antagonizing and criticizing without positive intent is both upsetting and teeters on the edge of King's Law breaking territory.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Contestant #1, since you didn't answer, I'll move on to Contestant #2.

Contestant #2, If you were trapped on a desert island with just one of your possessions, what would it be and why?

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Deleted my post anyways, in favor of more personal discussion.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I'm locking this thread until tomorrow or the next day, I've heard too much before I even read it.

Two things:

Don't be a jerk (applies especially if you think I'm not talking to you).

Be prepared to back up what you even suggest.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I'm reviving this thread because I still feel this is a good thing to at least have up for people to read. If you don't like it, ignore me, don't watch the thread, and just leave it alone. If you'd like to comment on something, maybe you can suggest things to add, suggest i remove some stuff, or just change the wording/phrasing of some things, feel free to post what I should do, as well as why. if there are no reasons behind your statement (Unless it's so glaringly obvious that it practically speaks for itself as a fact, not an opinion) I most likely won't listen to it. Also, another thing I want to say, is that you can have a character believe in love at first sight and do that, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from making a character who goes against all these guidelines, like I said, I put these down as a recommendation for people who want a more lifelike relationship and one that just seems solid in general. If your character is a hopeless romantic who falls in love with the first person they see at the crossroads...go ahead! Personally, I like characters like that because it's a bit realistic (so long as it's not immediately given as true love, the two never argue, they're always together, and they're married in a month ICly, that's not really realistic) and shows mental flaws. Also! added a few things related to relationships such as:
Average time before proposal
Courting process
Punishment for Fornification
Punishment for Adultery
expectations for married couple
marriage based on social class

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Average time before proposal
Courting process
Punishment for Fornification
Punishment for Adultery
expectations for married couple
marriage based on social class
Myself and Cukie1 both have laws in our individual regions regarding such~

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
fair enough, to each their own and this isnt a thread for laws, but it's a good basis for regions that don't have laws for these things, but hey, good on you for thinking on this beforehand!
Was hoping the input would be helpful~

But as others can confirm, I'm insane and write a lot of laws :p

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I attempt courting, I should probably just mention that the guy should prove something, .. you know.. strength, power, money and stuff? I mean, if a gal likes personality by itself.. good for them.

I'm speaking in the medieval sense ^

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I attempt courting, I should probably just mention that the guy should prove something, .. you know.. strength, power, money and stuff? I mean, if a gal likes personality by itself.. good for them.

I'm speaking in the medieval sense ^
while that could be true, it depends on social class, also keep in mind that while Altera is a medieval setting, it's got quite a few differences in gender progression (Women would almost never be in charge except in a matriarchy) whereas here, from what I can see, there's actually MORE women in charge than men (correct me if im wrong) and thus, I don't necessarily see one having to prove anything to the other except showing the traits they're looking for, I summed up the basics (results could differ) in the area of "Courting"

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I myself, believe in courting and you are right in everyway, ..

I fail at it alot because alot of people don't like the rough ness.