Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Relaxation of swear filter

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Recently, the topic of the automatic in-game swear filter was raised for discussion. For the little cherubs out there that aren't aware, when you type certain words in game they're automatically changed to something else.

Given that this is a PG13 server, we have a expect a certain degree of maturity and thoughtfulness from the community, which is, for the most part, generally upheld pretty well. We're trusting in that, and have decided to relax the filter somewhat. This decision is in order to enhance RP experience, because realistically, swearing is a pretty unique way of expressing yourself and expressing emotion.

To cover off on a couple of things:

- We're making this allowance for RP purposes. I don't want to see swearing or offensive language in non-RP channels ie don't use it in OOC, don't use it in local. We don't have a filter on the forums, but we don't really need to see it on the forums either. If you're way out in the middle of nowhere talking to a mate in local and no one else is around to hear you, that's one thing, but if I start seeing complaints that you're doing your best sailor impersonation in a non-RP chat, you will be at fault.

- No swearing or offensive language is to ever be directed towards another player OOCly in a manner that could be viewed as offensive. That's 'could be viewed', not 'was intended to be', so be careful.

- Use it in moderation. Do not become a swear word Gatling gun. Not everyone needs a spray.

- Swearing isn't for everyone. If someone asks you to tone it down, tone it down. It's a matter of respect and courtesy. We value a player's right to be comfortable in RP more than the right to shoot your mouth off.

- There is still a filter in place for some words, because there are some words we just don't need to see.

- If you don't think you can follow these guidelines, there's a simple solution; don't use the swearwords/offensive language. If you abuse it, go over the top or can't follow the rules, you'll be looking down the barrel of the full filter as well as warnings/bans. If there is abuse from a considerable number of players, we'll look at going back to what we had. Consider this a warning; if I get a complaint about language, I'll already be at least mildly displeased about having to go through logs, and if it turns out someone has been behaving like a peanut with a bad case of Tourettes, I will not be lenient.

- On that note: No characters with Tourettes which cause outbursts of swearing. Don't even try it.

At the end of the day, we trust you all to be responsible and use this opportunity properly to have a fucking good time, so enjoy.

Last edited:

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
"to be responsible and use this opportunity properly to have a fucking good time, so enjoy."

We got a badass over here :eek:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
At first I was reading and rereadig the rules just in case... then I remembered that apparently I swear like Roy does these days... Purest Ore it's easy to change a habit XD

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
This has to be an elaborate... *checks daysoftheyear.com* towel day prank?

I call hogwash on these shenanigans. Only fools use harsh wording, which can offend and demise.

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
This has to be an elaborate... *checks daysoftheyear.com* towel day prank?

I call hogwash on these shenanigans. Only fools use harsh wording, which can offend and demise.
Yesterday was IADD. International Author Demotivation day.