Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Relaxation of swear filter

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Folks- Reminder that "Don't use it in OOC/Local against others" means on the forums, too. This was relaxed for roleplay and not for anything else. Adhere to the original post.

Last edited:

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Folks- Reminder that "Don't use it in OOC/Local against others" means on the forums, too. This was relaxed for roleplay and not for anything else. Adhere to the original post.
At the end of the day, we trust you all to be responsible and use this opportunity properly to have a fucking good time, so enjoy.
this is a joke but still

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Have edited my original post purely by making a couple of points bigger and bolder; don't use it in OOC, don't use it in forums. It's for RP enhancement and not to turn this place into a ghetto :p

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Hello HollowWorlders!

It has been a little over three weeks since the relaxation of the swear filter went live. All in all, it has been treated with maturity by most of you. Staff haven't had to moderate OOC and Local chats as much as was feared, and I'm glad to be surprised. However, while the majority of players have used this new freedom tactfully, there are those that have taken it and run far past where it was intended to go and have crossed appropriate boundaries.

Yes, you can say shit and fuck in your RP now. But what has never been tolerated, and will continue to not be tolerated, is sexually explicit language. ERP (Erotic Roleplay) has been banned on the server, and if the sexually explicit language continues, then we will have to start treating said language in the same realm of ERP warnings and bans. I feel that it really shouldn't have to be said, but it seems that a reminder is needed. Talking about genitals, sexually explicit content, etc. is not something we intend to promote on the server. And based on the multiple reports received, it is not something many on the server wish to see either.

Another gentle reminder, while I'm on the topic of swearing- The swears are intended in Roleplay and not OOC. For the most part, you've been fine with that. But don't litter local with swears among your friends when you're in heavily populated areas of roleplay, such as the Crossroads, etc.

You can see the original post regarding the relaxation of the swear filter { here }.

Thanks and keep it classy, friendos.