Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Religion/Event] A Gathering for Vermella (June 25th)

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
A Gathering for Vermella

Greetings, I bring this notice to you wishing to organize a gathering
in honour and appreciation of Lady Vermella.
Anyone who is devoted to the Caparii Queen, interested or otherwise just curious,
I would welcome any and all to attend.
With the times as dangerous as they are, giving those who are like-minded a chance
to meet up together seems like a better gesture to Lady Vermella and her followers.
There will be a reminiscence of the events that transpired in the past at the previous gathering
and the temple of the Sisterhood of Shalherana,
followed by a sermon and the chance for those interested to learn more about the Goddess.
I hope to see you at the coming gathering.

~Linden Duskgrove.

Emyn Arnen​

Date:
Sunday, June 25th

Time:
1:00 PM (PST)
4:00 PM (EST)
8:00 PM (GMT)

--------------------------------------------------

Poster Locations:
Storm's Landing: Placed
Mockingbay: Placed
Astrakhan: Placed
Emyn Arnen: Placed

How to get there:
When starting out at Storm's Landing,
the easiest route to Emyn Arnen is to take the carriage to Mockingbay
and then take the small boat that is docked near the Jax Shrine at the north section of the city.
This boat will take you to Astrakhan from which you can reach Emyn Arnen by travelling westwards along the river via boat or on land by foot or other transportation.
At the end of the river, it's only a small trip north-west to reach the valley.
The Gathering will take place at the western edge of the valley,
at the Tree/Shrine dedicated to Vermella that bears red decorations.

Additional Info:
-Priest/Priestess/Religious Leader:
Linden Duskgrove

-Public or Private:
(Semi-)Public

-Temples or Shrines Involved:
Vermella's Tree/Shrine,
Emyn Arnen
-Have you spoken with the town/region owners and are they aware of the risks to their region involved?
Main owner is informed along with several others.

OOC Comments:
This is something I've been thinking about doing ever since the Red Sacrament.
It will be a small 'religious' event for the goddess Vermella without any strings attached.
I know that various sermons, gatherings and summonings for various deities have been happening recently, but after some contemplation and shoving away my worries, I feel that I still want to do this now rather than waiting until a less religion-saturated time.

Relevant Tags:
Lannis
Legendary Fiction
StarWillow2000
Samiwashere
Blorbis83

Last edited:

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
A location has been decided with directions and whatnot to it being posted in the coming days, after some neccesary IC discussion.
Linden has also started to place posters, so far at Storm's Landing and the obligatory poster/notice at Emyn Arnen itself. More to follow soon.

Edit:
(Forgot to add tags for all the people so far relevant, so those are up too now!)

Last edited:

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
Posters are now up in the inn at South Mockingbay and at the square with the shops in North Mockingbay.
Updated tags.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
Another update.
A poster is now placed in Astrakhan and the explanation on how to reach the gathering spot has been put up.
(Also added a tag)

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
I though that summonings had to be planned 2 weeks in advance? Might be wrong.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I though that summonings had to be planned 2 weeks in advance? Might be wrong.
"Step Three:
Kindly add a Location and Date onto your event thread- Please make sure you do not conflict with any existing Events, and please create the thread one day in advance."

I've just skimmed over the rules, I think if this still stands- a weeks advance would be kind enough.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
"Step Three:
Kindly add a Location and Date onto your event thread- Please make sure you do not conflict with any existing Events, and please create the thread one day in advance."

I've just skimmed over the rules, I think if this still stands- a weeks advance would be kind enough.
Oh, huh. Redact my comment then! I thought I heard Cukie1 (?) say that it had to be 2 weeks in advance but I might be wrong. :)

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Oh, huh. Redact my comment then! I thought I heard Cukie1 (?) say that it had to be 2 weeks in advance but I might be wrong. :)
Must have changed it recently. In the past it was required to have been a two weeks notice.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
Welp, I knew nothing of the two week thing, regardless of whether it would still count or not.
I went over the thread another time or two just in case (Thank you Wandering Ranger ) and just added a small extra bit for the sake of accuracy.
The event'll happen on sunday either way, so it's fine.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
One day to go!

For a little bit of extra help, in case you worry about getting lost in the valley!
Linden marks the spot~

And in case you want a bit more of a visual reference.
All prepped and pretty~

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
About an hour left.

As an update:
For those who know the bonfire at the Shalherana Tree/Shrine, a trail of red paper laterns will lead the way to the Vermella Tree/Shrine, especially handy when night falls.
For those who do not know where the bonfire is, when you reach the large/main noticeboard of Emyn Arnen, follow the westward walkways, path, bridge then path again. Just keep following those to the west (there's glowstone lights along the path) to the bonfire and you'll be sure to see the first red paper lantern from there.

(I know I showed the location of the gathering on the dynmap, but I find this is a nice IC thing that would make it easier for people to find their way there sensibly.)