Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Religions of a Makani (journalesque)

Legendary Fiction

It took a lot to get here
<date im not sure because time is weird and i cant get on the server atm>
It was nighttime, the wind was a light breeze feeling like a cool wave after the day’s heat.
She preferred the nighttime. She didn’t have to worry about the bustling, the crowding, the activeness and busyness and nosyness of those around her. It was her off-time, the time she had to herself after gathering and working for the roost.

For the last few days she had explored what she could, to find the tallest mountain, one free of trees or sharp jagged rocks or sweeping valleys. A mountain perfect for what she wanted.

There were no others around; not even many animals near the peak, and she felt relieved. This must be the mountain closest to Manna; if only she could fly even further upwards.

She had her basket with her, and she looked up to the bruised looking orb in the sky. She was still worried, of course - the Bright Moon was due soon? But its purple hue hadn’t changed in awhile. After all, a catastrophe like their entire world collapsing would cause anyone to worry, yet she held firm to the faith that Manna had his reasons and purposes for even such a horrible thing. And, hopefully, it wasn’t as horrible as some think. Perhaps she could help change things, if Manna or the Three Sisters hear her. Manna willing, her prayers are heard.

There were over a hundred little tokens in her basket. They were made of various things; misshapen clay buttons, thin wooden strips, plain bits of shells, and small pieces of bone. Each were carved with a symbol, and the symbol was dyed either a deep blue almost black color, a muted shade of red, or a light dull sandy color. She absentmindedly ran her clawed fingers gently through the collection as she glanced around her, before finally sitting down on the summit of the mountain.

Pomakani.png Leimakani.png Yaveimakani.png
In a clear voice, she began to sing. It was quiet at first,as she was nervous, but as she continued, it grew louder and full of emotion.

“As dawn comes, we remember Manna,
The sun shows its colors, praising the sky as it rises,
The songs we sing carry on the wind to The God of All,
Bringing him joys as we show our love and appreciations.

“As the day goes by,
We sing as we work - praise Manna!
As the day goes by,
We shares stories - praise Manna!
As the day goes by,
We gather in joy - praise Manna!

“As dusk comes, we remember Manna,
The moon rises like a divine lantern within the night,
Guide us and our prayers to our God of All,
And with His blessings we shall join Him.

“As the night goes by,
We sing ourselves to sleep - praise Manna!
As the night goes by,
We drift along in paradise - praise Manna!
As the night goes by
We dream about the after-life - praise Manna!

“As the Bright Moon comes, we remember Manna,
All the Makani come together in celebration,
The gryphons lay under and new A’keyiah stay safe,
As Manna wills it, so shall it be ever and always.”

She finished, letting the echoes of the song thrum in her chest and fill her with contentment for the first time since she fell off their homeland. She felt that honeyglow feeling, the one that just made your chest puff out with pride and joy.
She pulled out a small pouch, it had a few more of the same tokens in it.
Parvani stood now, short, shadow colored, young, and hopeful even after trauma. She used the same voice as before, but this time it was not a song.

“I miss my mother,” she was talking to the sky, holding a token in her hand, feeling in between clawed fingers. “Seralie sang the brightest in the morning, and made the best lemon-chocolate candies.” She let the token fall into the basket, and picked another from the bag.
“I miss my father. Tomani taught me about the plants, and how to cut them, gather them, and dry them for different uses.” The token made a quiet ‘clink’ into the basket.
“I miss my friends, Choabai and Freila, who went with me and help out with our chores, and played games.” A couple more tokens, picked carefully from the bag and into the basket.
“I miss the A’keyiah, especially Meraleni, who humored my curiosity even if it was not very well looked upon. She let me learn by watching, though she did not actively teach. I wish …. I wish I could have learned more, especially now.” This time, the rest of the tokens went into the basket.

She paused, looking around the into the night., and then raised her arms, and unfurled her wings to their fullest extent. In a loud voice, she called out, “Evani! Help those who are lost find their way! If they are alive, we wish to have them rejoin us among this land!”
“Vatuei! Help those who have passed along to the ever-after, and console those who will no longer see their loved ones and friends!”
“Mava! Help those who have died by the hands of the demons, and give us the strength and knowledge to protect ourselves in this new place, and defend when we need to!”
There, she paused, but her hands shook a bit as if pleading, her wings still outstretched.
“Manna of all that is, ever was, and ever will be! Our A’keiyah have been lost. We now, feel lost. If they can be brought back to us, I ask that we have the ability to find them. If they are now with You, then I ask for guidance, and that our brothers and sisters may learn what we need to continue our survival. I ask for the understanding we need to keep our culture intact. I ask for wisdom, that we may be able to continue our Chosen Ones’ ways, with your help. I plead that we survive as you will us to, and that we understand your choices about our homeland, and our reasons for being here.”

“Blessed are those who are with You in the after-life. Blessed are those who follow Your will. Blessed are those in Your faith. May the winds be forever in our favor.”
She stayed in that position, closing her eyes and raising her head, to feel the wind along her feathers, meditating. After a few minutes, she began tossing the tokens into the wind, one at a time, silently blessing each one, even those that were not personalized, hoping that at least some would reach Manna and the Sisters, and perhaps lead more of the Makani to their new home.

The bruised moon was about to set when she finally released the last token from the peak, and without another word, started down the mountainside.
~

Last edited: