Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Request] Hollow Travels; Ships and Carriages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Travel System

With the settlement of the New World, a plugin was created for a more immersive travel system.
"Hollow Travels" - created by the wonderful ptiber

The Travel System symbolizes trade routes spanning Altera's New Land, hence being able to head from one end of the map to the other. It is a service provided by Neutral Territories and partly run by the NPCs from the ARS (Alteran Road Services).

The Cost of the Travel is if the region port is less than 5000 blocks away, there is no cost for the port. If more than 5000 blocks away, it will cost 5 emeralds or 100 radiants.
You will not be charged to travel to the Sorrows. And currently only one ship leads there for free- the New Spawn Town.

This travel system connects to towns through their ships and carriages. Each ship and carriage will feature flags or be of design different than the ships and carriages around them. They'll also lead to different towns. Ship/Carriage designs are all left to you builders and region owners.

For example:
The City of A has two ships, and a carriage. One ship leads to Town B. The other ship leads to Town C. And the carriage leads to Farm D. Each of these destinations have their own transport that links back. Instead of speaking with an NPC, you'll be finding and exploring the transport you need to get to places.

To connect to another Town or Village, you must:

Ships
  • Have a dock
  • Be near a waterway that leads to the ocean
  • Decent and Immersive ship built by the docks with a Hull. If there's an 'official sailing ship' that your town will use, you can use that for more than one connected town leading to your town.
    • ie- Your town A can have town B's ship. Town B can have town A's ship. Your town A can have town C's ship. Town C can have town A's ship, etc.
  • A description for your town and the color of the description. (There is a 340 Character Limit to the Description. Colors are simple Minecraft text colors.)
Carriages
  • Be near a road system built by the ARS (Alteran Road System)
  • Decent and Immersive carriage built near the town. If there's an 'official carriage' that your town will use, you can use that for more than one connected town leading there.
    • ie- Your town A can have town B's carriage. Town B can have town A's carriage.
  • A description for your town and the color of the description. (There is a 340 Character Limit to the Description. Colors are simple Minecraft text colors.)
Details on Boat/Carriage for those unsure:

The transport must look like it's able to travel for a few days. Ship needs a below and abovedeck, enough space for a small crew to sail. A place for the helmsman and being large enough to hold all those things. Carriages need to be able to look like they can hold more than 4 people.
Form:

IGN Region A & Region:
IGN Region B & Region:
Link back?:
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage A:
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage B:
__
[No need to add if you already listed it before]
(340 character long) Description Region A:
Color of Description Region A:
Region A Classification:
__
[No need to add if you already listed it before]
(340 character long) Description Region B:
Color of Description Region B:
Region B Classification:
__

Choose colors from MineCraft Format:

{NOTE: If you have a boat or carriage and want to copy it so it'll be used on the 2nd region, it will be free in order to share one boat as the port between the two regions. But you must post here for the request, not the WE request thread. This is currently only valid for boats and carriages /not/ linking to spawn. That will have it's own thread. }

{NOTE 2: While waiting for your road requests to set up a Carriage port, we're allowing players to fill the form ahead of time.

Requirements are- you must be in the road queue and cannot redact from it! You also need to fill out the form for transport. If you do redact from the road queue just for free ports, we'll halt ports to your region for 2 months.
So please make sure you want the road to be set up for the region before requesting (including being ready to pay for it once completed).

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/request-roads-new.37688/}

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
RoadandPorts.png
How to use the ports:

You first step onto a Boat or Carriage, which activates this prompt below.

If the region is 5k+ blocks, the cost for travel is 5 emeralds (no more than that). Anything less is free. If you don't have 5 emeralds in your inventory, and you still use the port, 100 radiants will be deducted from your account. No more waiting to convert Emeralds and Radiants.

And that's the output- You'll see the region name, classification, and introductory description. You don't activiate the port again unless you re-enter the travel Area.

Current Ports:
Storm's Landing links to:
Queensport (ship)
Arget Isles (ship)
Linlea (ship)
Sanardu (ship)
--
Mockingbay (stable)
Aelmere (stable)
The Compendium (stable)
Stoltfar links to:
Mockingbay (ship)
Mockingbay links to:
Stoltfar (ship)
Waferer's Rest (ship)
Hur Nor (ship)
Astrakhan (ship)
--
Storm's Landing (stable)
Sanardu (stable)
Rogue's Hearth (Stable)

Sanardu links to:
Linlea (ship)
Storm's Landing (ship)
Halbed (ship)
Isle Vallaz (ship)
Astakos (ship)

--
Mockingbay (Carriage)
Fallhurst (Carriage)

Queensport links to:
Storm's Landing (ship)
Ruby Isles (Ship)
Astakos (Ship)
Amaranthine (Ship)
--

Die Ebarbau (Carriage)
Thorne (Carriage)
Linlea links to:
Sanardu (ship)
Storms Landing (ship)
Arget (ship)
Crow's Perch (ship)
Die Ebarbau links to:
Queensport (carriage)
Ackerland (carriage)
Arget Isles links to:
Storm's Landing (ship)
Slyannen (ship)
Linlea (ship)
The Compendium links to:
Storm's Landing (carriage)
Natri'Evar links to:
Gorrosh'Lek (carriage)
Ackerland (carriage)
Fallhurst (carriage)
Crone's Pass (carriage)
Lyon (carriage)
Raven's Roost (ship)

Gorrosh'Lek links to:
Natri'Evar (carriage)
Lyon links to:
Rivelton (carriage)
Throne (Carriage)
Natri'evar (carriage)
Rivelton links to:
Lyon (carriage)
Aelmere links to:
Storm's Landing (carriage)
Arum Orchard (carriage)
Amarthine (carriage)
Rouge's Hearth (carriage)
Cherry Valley (carriage)
Arum Orchard links to:
Aelmere (carriage)
Rogue's Hearth (carriage)

Hur Nor links to:
Mockingbay (ship)
Waferer's Rest links to:
Mockingbay (carriage)
Astrakhan links to:
Mockingbay (ship)
Valerius (carriage)
Ackerland links to:
Die Eberbau (carriage)
Natri'Evar (carriage)
Isle Vallaz links to:
Sanardu (ship)
Amaranthine links to:
Aelmere (carriage)
Fallhurst links to:
Sanardu (carriage)
Natri'Evar (carriage)

Crone's Pass links to:
Fallhurst (carriage)
Rouge's Hearth links to:
Aelmere (carriage)
Aurum (carriage)
Mockingbay (carriage)
Throne (carriage)

Slyannen links to:
Arget (ship)
Throne links to:
Queensport (carriage)
Lyon (carriage)
Rogue's Hearth (carriage)
Cherry Valley links to:
Aelmere (carriage)
Valerius links to:
Astrakhan (carriage)
Aeroch Nor links to:
Mockingbay (ship)
Ruby Isles links to:
Queensport (ship)
Raven's Roost links to:
Natri'evar (ship)
Astakos links to:
Sanardu (ship)
Queensport (ship)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
IGN: jakp25
Region: bs
Linked to Region: Spawn (Is this allowed?)
Link back?: Yes.
Coordinates of Boat A: -9004, 65, -15993
Coordinates of Boat B: Spawn boat? 4920, 65, 776 are the co-ords of a patch of ocean.
(340 character long) Description: The seat of House Hawklight, Blackstone is a thriving fortified city located on Greater Skye, in the far north-east.
Color of Description: Purple

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
IGN: jakp25
Region: bs
Linked to Region: Spawn (Is this allowed?)
Coordinates of Boat A: -9004, 65, -15993
Coordinates of Boat B: Spawn boat? 4920, 65, 776 are the co-ords of a patch of ocean.
(340 character long) Description: The seat of House Hawklight, Blackstone is a thriving fortified city located on Greater Skye, in the far north-east.
There's something being cooked up for spawn and boats/carriages, so I'll refer to Antilogy who's leading the project. If you have another region you can link to, we can do that, but you'll have to wait to see what spawn will have in the coming time.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
There's something being cooked up for spawn and boats/carriages, so I'll refer to Antilogy who's leading the project. If you have another region you can link to, we can do that, but you'll have to wait to see what spawn will have in the coming time.
Ok, thanks anyway. I'll have a think on the potential link.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I cannot express the joy I feel about this system of travelling. WELL DONE!

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
IGN: Asirel_Luik
Region: Lovestride
Linked to Region: Azerwind
Link back?: No
Coordinates of Boat A: 9824, 33, 9439
Coordinates of Boat B: 2778, 34, -2204
(340 character long) Description: Arriving in Lovestride, you would be greeted with various smells from the ocean and the city while the sounds of the ocean waves, joyous people and laughter fill the air.
(100 Rads)

IGN: Asirel_Luik
Region: Azerwind
Linked to Region: Lovestride
Link back?: No
Coordinates of Boat A: 2778, 34, -2204
Coordinates of Boat B: 9824, 34, 9439
(340 character long) Description: You arrive into the docks of the Mockingbay where the rowdy sound of sailors and the smell of fish greets you.
Color of Description: Blue
(100 Rads)

Asirel_Luik (myself) will be paying for both. Never set up a boat port before. So I'm not sure how this works. If you can get both descriptions on one request then yay? And then that changes this from 2 requests to one that has a link back? I'm not sure.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Heya!

I was wondering. I've got a few cities within tiny-boat/raft range of the Horror Island.
But these cities are not connected by water to the ocean. (a pre-requisite for the port)
Is it possible to make the raft land on the shore closest to the city, then request a road to lead to said point where the raft-port leads to?
If so, is it necessary to claim a huge amount of plots to connect the city and that point where the carriage and the raft connect, or can I request this without having to claim these points / road?
(this is a request that fits both the thread of carriages/boats and the thread of roads).

I'd love to know. It would help out a lot to connect the regions that we are planning to have a 'region collab' with (connected RP in different regions).
(tagging relevant people of the regions I'm talking about: Ddaug Balatro )

For reference, the distance that the raft needs to cross is from -1290 , 5720 to -535 , 5780

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Asirel Luik
We had a look at the boats, and it seems they don't met the requirements for such a big journey (almost half of the map!), they are way too small!
The guidelines are:
The transport must look like it's able to travel for a few days. Ship needs a below and abovedeck, enough space for a small crew to sail. A place for the helmsman and being large enough to hold all those things.
So if you still want this port being made, we'll ask you to build a bigger boat (no need to go over the top either :) )
We'll be happy to perform the necessary WE for free once you'll have your model boat.
But that also will require to make the bay deeper, as currently there's no way for a medium/big boat to navigate the islands in there... May we offer to make a passageway between the islands to allow a boat to pass...?

And as a clarification, linking back is the process of having two links in the two directions, Lovestride > Azerwind & Azerwind > Lovestride with the same boats (which is usually the case :) ), so you could just have said "Yes, I want a link back :p .

I'm holding off your request Jak as we're waiting for the Spawn guidelines for ports...

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I'm holding off your request Jak as we're waiting for the Spawn guidelines for ports...
Not an issue; considering right now an alternative to make it easier to get to and from Blackstone.

Would it be possible to get another short port jump from here (x: -8583, z: -14322) to here. (x: -9000, z: -1600)?

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Asirel Luik
We had a look at the boats, and it seems they don't met the requirements for such a big journey (almost half of the map!), they are way too small!
The guidelines are:

So if you still want this port being made, we'll ask you to build a bigger boat (no need to go over the top either :) )
We'll be happy to perform the necessary WE for free once you'll have your model boat.
But that also will require to make the bay deeper, as currently there's no way for a medium/big boat to navigate the islands in there... May we offer to make a passageway between the islands to allow a boat to pass...?

And as a clarification, linking back is the process of having two links in the two directions, Lovestride > Azerwind & Azerwind > Lovestride with the same boats (which is usually the case :) ), so you could just have said "Yes, I want a link back :p .

Jeroxia mokwar

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
IGN: Rawkiller12
Region: Slyannen
Linked to Region:Savage Island
Coordinates of Boat A: -535,65,5780
Coordinates of Boat B: 2688,65,7225

its goign to be the small boat on savage island coming to me should be able to navigate the shoals of that area without trouble, if the boat needs to be changed let me know and ill talk to poof.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
As we've moved to build the actual city, is it possible to get the stable ports moved? I've rebuilt the stables near to the city gate, but right now the ports to fuvur camp are kinda far off - Considering Azerwinds goes directly into their city I figured I'd ask. ^^;

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
As we've moved to build the actual city, is it possible to get the stable ports moved? I've rebuilt the stables near to the city gate, but right now the ports to fuvur camp are kinda far off - Considering Azerwinds goes directly into their city I figured I'd ask. ^^;

XD we simply claimed our region where the camp was. If you- understand what I meanby that. Hence why it's in the middle.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
And I ended up building not on the camp itself, and there's no spawn ports yet, so I'm just trying to get a way to the city without getting lost :c

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
And I ended up building not on the camp itself, and there's no spawn ports yet, so I'm just trying to get a way to the city without getting lost :c
I understand xD I just thought I'd explain what had happened :heart:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
IGN: Rawkiller12
Region: Slyannen
Linked to Region:Savage Island
Coordinates of Boat A: -535,65,5780
Coordinates of Boat B: 2688,65,7225

its goign to be the small boat on savage island coming to me should be able to navigate the shoals of that area without trouble, if the boat needs to be changed let me know and ill talk to poof.
Boats a bit too small- For the Travel ports, I'll quote from the main thread:

The transport must look like it's able to travel for a few days. Ship needs a below and abovedeck, enough space for a small crew to sail. A place for the helmsman and being large enough to hold all those things. Carriages need to be able to look like they can hold more than 4 people.
Hawklight ports were also refused as the intention was to eventually remove them once spawn has its own system and they've set up their own Hollow Travel Ports. I'm not sure how far the camp is from the region, but I see you've set up torches, so it should be easier to walk. Jeroxia is right in relaying I set up the stables far off from their camp, and they just ended up building towards it.

Status
Not open for further replies.