Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Request] Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Is there a way I can just get a stable warp for now from one settlement to another and then get a road later? :D
I believe the rules state you need to be reasonably near a road built by the altera road people in order to have a stable.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Is there a way I can just get a stable warp for now from one settlement to another and then get a road later? :D
You'll need a road as Niek mentioned. Those who have free warps right now will have to have ports of roads, boats, and carriages themselves eventually. They're only free right now due to our new start. They'll be taken out once proper ports are set up nearby.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
You'll need a road as Niek mentioned. Those who have free warps right now will have to have ports of roads, boats, and carriages themselves eventually. They're only free right now due to our new start. They'll be taken out once proper ports are set up nearby.
Since there's no system for travelling from spawn and there is now not a dockmaster than can teleport to any port - how will anyone get to an initial port, be it ship or carriage, to get anywhere else from spawn?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Since there's no system for travelling from spawn and there is now not a dockmaster than can teleport to any port - how will anyone get to an initial port, be it ship or carriage, to get anywhere else from spawn?
Spawn, and the town, will have its own way of linking to select towns. Process is still being discussed with those working on the Spawn Project.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Spawn, and the town, will have its own way of linking to select towns. Process is still being discussed with those working on the Spawn Project.
I understand that, but so far there's no way to get anywhere so I'm wondering if there'll be a temporary solution or if we'll be seeing the spawn project's way soon.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I understand that, but so far there's no way to get anywhere so I'm wondering if there'll be a temporary solution or if we'll be seeing the spawn project's way soon.
Until there is a system sealed in place for spawn ports, we're still using the current free ports from spawn that link to the populated towns that came into fruition during the first events on the map. We still plan to keep it in place until everyone's settled and can run without them. Current towns can have boats/carriages linked to those ports as majority of them have become regions. Things can change in the future as the spawn port system is published, and of course, those current town ports can eventually be removed for easier links- or stay as they are. But the current free ports will be changed/removed in the long run, not anytime soon.

rjamesking

Lord of Altera
Until there is a system sealed in place for spawn ports, we're still using the current free ports from spawn that link to the populated towns that came into fruition during the first events on the map. We still plan to keep it in place until everyone's settled and can run without them. Current towns can have boats/carriages linked to those ports as majority of them have become regions. Things can change in the future as the spawn port system is published, and of course, those current town ports can eventually be removed for easier links- or stay as they are. But the current free ports will be changed/removed in the long run, not anytime soon.
Can I get one of these for Eisenheim? Not trying to derail the thread, but that would be awesome.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Capture.PNG

The road is intentionally winding in that desert-y bit because that's the only sloping area available for a road to go up through to the highland zones.

Point A Coordinates:
-2700, -5350
Point B Coordinates: -6500, -6400
Which Roadpack: Peasant's road, of the standard type and the desert type where applicable.
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): N/A

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic

Point A Coordinates: 2834,65,6684
Point B Coordinates: 2318,65,5806
Which Road pack: Traders road

gaurd post half way betweent he two please.

done1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Can I get all these roads in the Explorer pack then? The leftmost area doesn't have its region claimed yet, but it is an old world region claim if you check the thread. We'll be claiming the region shortly.
Starting on your road today...will be waiting on the third road for when the region is claimed :) Next time please please pleeeease request in the proper format complete with region name and starting/ending coordinates! Thank you!

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Starting on your road today...will be waiting on the third road for when the region is claimed :) Next time please please pleeeease request in the proper format complete with region name and starting/ending coordinates! Thank you!
ok

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Screenshot of the two areas on the Dynmap

Point A Coordinates: Spawn 4799 65 962
Point B Coordinates: Compendium -1611 65 -1210
Which Roadpack: Peasant
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): RIP

Note: I understand that I am not guaranteed a port to spawn. But even if I am unable to get a carriage to spawn, I can at least have a road so people know how to ICly get there by walking. I don't care about the exact path. :)

Edit/Extra Note: While I don't care about the specific path so long as it avoids the use of bridges, I believe Naelwyn planned to connect to this road and wanted to be involved in the PM regarding the road's path.

Last edited:

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Also cap I notice there will need to be two bridges placed with your current route...that would be an addition 50k added (25k per bridge) onto your road price. Are you ok with that or would you like me to detour around those bodies of water?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Also cap I notice there will need to be two bridges placed with your current route...that would be an addition 50k added (25k per bridge) onto your road price. Are you ok with that or would you like me to detour around those bodies of water?
i'll just build my own bridges thanks, just build the road to the edge of the water if that's okay

also two? are you doing the road to the area that has no region yet?

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
i'll just build my own bridges thanks, just build the road to the edge of the water if that's okay

also two? are you doing the road to the area that has no region yet?
The second is at the bend but just before it connects to a third road...and there is another on the third road which would be a total of three. You will have those areas claimed as part of your region to build bridges then?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
The second is at the bend but just before it connects to a third road...and there is another on the third road which would be a total of three. You will have those areas claimed as part of your region to build bridges then?
can you just show me what you mean with screenshots

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
can you just show me what you mean with screenshots
Yep just give me a moment to outline on the screen shots what I'm talkin about! Also Solus and I have lowered the bridge price to 10k a bridge so long as it doesn't exceed 50 blocks long, at which point it would have to be doubled. Detouring the road is also a good way to save some money! Be back in a bit...

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Screenshot of the two areas on the Dynmap

Point A Coordinates: Spawn 4799 65 962
Point B Coordinates: Compendium -1611 65 -1210
Which Roadpack: Trade
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): Surprise me

Note: I understand that I am not guaranteed a port to spawn. But even if I am unable to get a carriage to spawn, I can at least have a road so people know how to ICly get there by walking. I don't care about the exact path. :)

Edit/Extra Note: While I don't care about the specific path so long as it avoids the use of bridges, I believe Naelwyn planned to connect to this road and wanted to be involved in the PM regarding the road's path.
Updated the image and added an extra note. When it's this road's turn, if Naelwyn and myself can be added in a convo about it's path, that'd be swell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.