Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Review] Sea of Storms

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Well, the beginning was fun. Random fires everywhere. I really like the thought behind it, and the whole event today was put together in a good way. What I disliked a bit was what was expected (it's cool in a way, but the first few minutes I was running around clueless).

On a personal note I was rather sad to see so many days of my work go up in flames (literally), and I hope it will one day be restored...

Good event, looking forward to the rest of it. I'm also curious as to what the flying flames are...

(Use this as the review thread or merge this into another thread or something.)

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I found it fun and it has created some very interesting roleplaying for myself in the future.

Scardrac

Felsummer
I did love it. :3 I was very pleased by the admins' quick responses and diversity in dynamics. A round of applause to all those who worked on it.~

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Aye, one dynamic I particularly enjoyed was having the fire manually put out as people RPed it. Added a work/reward system that wasn't too present in past events. If it carries on like this, then it's going to be a very fun campaign :)

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Aye, one dynamic I particularly enjoyed was having the fire manually put out as people RPed it. Added a work/reward system that wasn't too present in past events. If it carries on like this, then it's going to be a very fun campaign :)
Kinda annoyed me to see players were punching out the fires or water-climbing, but it was a very fun event :D
Hope for many more fun events in the future!

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I agree. I personally loved that peoples actions had an effect on the environment. I also love each and every member of the fire team for working so hard. I honestly didn't expect more fires to be set as I extinguished them. As the building crumbled around my character, I had no choice to fall and thus created an excellent RP to follow.

Bravo, staffs, you have out-done yourselves. (If it isn't clear, this is one of my favourite events thus far.)

My only concern is that the standard was set so high, will the rest of events be this high quality?

-K9

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So my thoughts have more or less been stated here already, with the addendum that I actually really liked the whole "World Announce" where the fire seemed to be coming from, and then let players find it. Was more immersive that way. Also, whoever was the DEAR who "opened" the windows for me to jump onto the roof.... :heart:!! Fantastic response from everyone who was helping run this event.

Also players! We succeeded in not letting Port Silver go up in smoke! .... Except for the boat. Aaaand most of the Sunk'n. But I think this demonstrates priorities! Hospital = important. :D

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
The boat... the poor beautiful boat... Which wouldn't be there rp-wise, since it's currently docked in Heaven's Reach.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Helped rescue an inn from burning down, before walking past the blacksmiths...

And the blacksmiths exploding..

And ouch....

But aside from Cloud's idiocy to not stay in bed for more than 5 minutes, extremely good job done by the staff with response time and coordination through what could have turned into chaos~
.. After them themselves innitially creating the chaos..

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
One big major question everybody asks themself, but dare not ask it in public... Where is this going to and what will happen next?
We will see that in the next episode.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
I know I RP'd 'stomping or using a cloak to snuff' the fires out when punching them. Then once there were buckets being passed around, used them instead. I think the chaos and first few minutes of panic were realistic and perfect for the situation, as that's really what would happen. Also, in regards to complaints about burning things, there was plenty of forewarning and reference to this in the event thread. Anything destroyed can be repaired RPly by hiring carpenters and construction characters. This would be what would /actually/ happen, so would be nice to see people take this approach.

Great event, amazing results, can't wait for the next one.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
GEEZ PORT SILVER, BURN DOWN PROPERLY.

*Ahem*

I thought the event was amazing and fun :D It was great to see people working together (especially when I saw Mrpolo and WarWolf working together to climb the Sunken to put out the fires on the rooftop), I was genuinely worried the city was going to blaze to smithereens so it was a relief when the fires started to go out!

And on that note, despite the fire my bakery sold 5 stacks of bread.