Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Review] The Return

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
The Theodra summoning was great! Some nice hints and clues dropped here and there, and a -lot- of juicy action between the Gods. Not that sort of action, mind you. More like crushing and punching and shooting and stuff. We also got uh, beat up a bit. And burnt, and punched. It was fun :D

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
The Theodra summoning was great! Some nice hints and clues dropped here and there, and a -lot- of juicy action between the Gods. Not that sort of action, mind you. More like crushing and punching and shooting and stuff. We also got uh, beat up a bit. And burnt, and punched. It was fun :D
To have such a peaceful-ish hunt turn into a three way god battle is fine with me anyday~

One of the best events to date for me :3

C

Cubey

Event the Chapter War 3 was interesting, I suggest more tentacles of Corruption to come out :/

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Before I begin, call me a masochistic, but I like being proven wrong. Not by the staff, but by the players. I want to face a wholehearted "Nope, I fully disagree" from an average player, with reasoning why I am wrong. I think that this way a strong, reliable conclusion can be drawn. However, I feel there is a lot that can be done with the event. There are many issues that were simply highlighted via this event.
First, the perception vs what it actually became. Now, don't get me wrong, I like a bit of an RP. However, when you advertise what is no more and no less a war, preparing us for a war, introducing us to a war, and then giving us an hour narrative with no "Umph" to it, I feel upset.
What would have been far more epic, in my eyes, isn't watching the gods exchange words, but an actual battle. I understand that the corrupted are few and far between, but intertwine them with mobs, versus charges of our army, while the gods fight it out in the skies, would be epic. Add rain, add thunder - everyone prepared for the epic experience that would bring. Sure, it'd make little sense for that to occur outside of the Cathedral, but forget sense and remember fun.
I needn't go on about how we have to make threads to summon gods, and a staff member can do it within minutes, because in this instance it makes total sense for the gods to be summoned that easily. More than one would be nice though... However, props for the march of the Crusade. That was some epic stuff right there. More of that is what we needed :p
As for the event itself, the first minutes were exciting as hell... but then it got boring. The beauty of enemies and villains in videogames is not that they are so totally overpowered they just frustrate you. The very basis is that these villains are very hard to actually gain access to, but can be defeated. Men with super strength, turning into a wolf - I don't feel it's needed. If the Corruption utilised the tools available - use of mobs, for example, it wouldn't need to make every character that belongs to it overpowered. They walk out into Port Silver and get attacked? It's their fault, they shouldn't be in a hostile area to start with. Sure, give them buffs, but don't make them superhuman, or even more. I don't feel it's needed. Some of the best villains in games were those who had weaknesses, and who more importantly were killable. Sure, they were more powerful, and minor buffs are fine, but one could, if given enough punching, slay them.
Aside from that, the special effects were as always great, but we didn't need all of them. Blinding everyone was a slight pain that led to a mess, for example. If it was part of the plan, then I respect that.
As I said the first part until we got to the Cathedral was great. It's not even that I ordered everyone around and they loosely listened, but that it genuinely felt as if we were off to a proper war. That feeling is what highlights the beauty of Medieval aspect of Role Play moreso than anything else.
The gods were hardly there at all... Rather saddening to be honest, moreso than annoying.
The addition of Mobs when they were the needed least was... Well, I think pretty much everyone voiced their opinion on that clearly enough OOC. It's a decision to make - Mob War or RP event. I know that that's because of poor Minecraft mechanics, but I heard a member of staff once say that we need to work with what we've got. Therefore, either make a mob war or make an RP event. (Please note that RP can thrive in mob wars, just in a completely different manner. Also bare in mind that my previous suggestion on a proper war would mean a mob war, even though there are players on both sides. I think it'd still be awesome. Disagree if you want :p).
I'm sure at least a couple of people enjoyed the event... but the rest were just getting picked off, sooner or later abandoning the whole thing, either because of complete chaos or just outright boredom. There were some good and some awesome bits, and then there were some not-so-good bits. I'll keep talking about asking people, because I believe that needs to be done more. Simple, non-intrusive questions, such as "Define a good, well developed villain", or "Do you think Altera lacks bad guys?" Basic stuff, with no spoilers at all.
Also, there are more and more people who just want this to end to allow them to Role Play properly once more... But that's an overal issue, not just a single event's.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
I for one think the event was amazing.
Especially with my Corrupting skills >;3

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'll try to keep it short.
The Idea was gorgeous, yet the uber mobs in combination with RP fights and all the fire kinda made it - not much fun - for me.
If you were on a horse you couldn't even go for a glass of water, without someone pushing you into the flames :/

Other than these points - Epic -

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The build up to the event, as in today (the day of the event), was neat.
The sounds and vibrations were enough to instigate my character to go.

Upon arriving at the staging point for the event, the crossroads, I was met with one of the largest groups I have seen in possibly ever.
The turnout for this event was incredible.
There was little organization, but there was definitely some.

After a short while the globular group headed out of the crossroads, for little rhyme or reason... shortly after the God showed up.
The appearance of Crusade as a small army was neat. It really added a lot to the atmosphere.
The globular groups hung around and let the Godarmy catch up, which was nice.

The morale boosting speech at the base of the cathedral was intersting, though gave me more of an impression of the god not really being on the side of anti-corruption. It felt as though the god was talking down to the people who had showed up to fight the corruption/Harateth.
the fire resistance potions was also a bit oddly handled, it felt rather ooc.... perhaps it would have be easier to have the "God cast a protection on the group"

After a disorganized climb to the cathedral, perhaps the God could have instructed the group to remain together?, the fighting force reached it.
Inside was a prepared force of corrupt, a small amount of fighting broke out between the two groups, somehow a 9 year old was considered a combatant...

Jishrim showing up was nice, I felt the character was handled better than Crusade.

A lot of chaotic pve fighting ensued. While this gave a lot of realism, it also created a lot of disorganized play. Some mods even felt it was overwhelming, at least that's how in game chatter felt.
Perhaps pve should have be more limited?
The giants were incredible and fun.

I don't have anything after this, because I had to go afk :p

Overall:
Good event, fighting was (as always) chaotic.