Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Reviews thread] Lavoyard civil war campaign

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
...I actually really enjoyed it, though was a neutral bystander in Tybalt's fortress. I thought it was well thought out and everyone seemed quite relaxed about the idea of violent RP, or dying, which was pleasant! (Unless I was simply not privy to people being really upset about such. Hm.)
Not really a useful post as such, but yes.

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
I think there should be one commander on each side, not two or three. There should be turns in shooting people. There should be bonuses to armors and weapons, there should be bonuses to ranged rolls if say, the archer is an elf. There should be bonuses to strength if the warrior is an orc. A more refined system of GMing and controlling the battle.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
There should be bonuses to armors and weapons, there should be bonuses to ranged rolls if say, the archer is an elf. There should be bonuses to strength if the warrior is an orc.
"But muh character spent whole life shooting bow, is best archer, +10 bonus on rolls if this happen"

Otherwise I wholeheartedly agree.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Actually, the free form RP went really dang well considering the number of people and I know I didn't see anyone actually mad and arguing over it.

The only problem was over one roll and it's number didn't match with the damage a person took, but in the end it was resolved rather well with no actual anger being spewed from either side

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Pros: Considering character personal development, it was rather great! I mean, I told Lannis the Mannis of Sif's time as a Cavalry commander and he agreed that Sif would be able to get the horse to be stable after being hit with an arbalest. [It was armored mind you]

I know the volleys got a bit mixed up and a bit of needing to explain there, but I'm guessing that it was because the event was at 3 hours by then. People were getting a bit strenuous of being active at all times, but it was resolved easily! No one seemed upset of death either, which is something I was very happy to see.

Cons: More so the very basic standard DMing. Not that you guys did awful, but I must say that IC skill could certainly come into play next time! Which, I assume people should try to take ambition and explain to DMs their IC skills as well. They won't know it if you don't tell them!

Over all, 8.6/10

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Pros: Considering character personal development, it was rather great! I mean, I told Lannis the Mannis of Sif's time as a Cavalry commander and he agreed that Sif would be able to get the horse to be stable after being hit with an arbalest. [It was armored mind you]

I know the volleys got a bit mixed up and a bit of needing to explain there, but I'm guessing that it was because the event was at 3 hours by then. People were getting a bit strenuous of being active at all times, but it was resolved easily! No one seemed upset of death either, which is something I was very happy to see.

Cons: More so the very basic standard DMing. Not that you guys did awful, but I must say that IC skill could certainly come into play next time! Which, I assume people should try to take ambition and explain to DMs their IC skills as well. They won't know it if you don't tell them!

Over all, 8.6/10
A lot of the confusion of the volleys was because we were out of render distance, RP, and yell chat of each other.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I think there should be one commander on each side, not two or three. There should be turns in shooting people. There should be bonuses to armors and weapons, there should be bonuses to ranged rolls if say, the archer is an elf. There should be bonuses to strength if the warrior is an orc. A more refined system of GMing and controlling the battle.

Over all, 8.6/10
That's two posts in favor of better clarified mechanics/rules. If you agree OR disagree with this notion I'd like you to post in here. Can't move in a direction for or against roll mechanics without feedback.

At this point I have a nearly full RPG system that could be implemented, but it's not worth it for me to bug Ptiber about it and write up the lengthy software design unless the community firmly comes down on the side of wanting it with a notable majority.

dogbew

Lord of Altera
All in all, I think roleplay will be good or bad based upon the members of the community participate, rather than how its done. Most communities where rolling is done badly typically have a poor overall quality of roleplay. That being said I think Hollow World has a very high quality of roleplay and a rolls system has the potential of working well here.
If anything, if should be given a fair chance.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Overall it was pretty great, although I was confused as to why an army of at least 20 was scared to attack a group of 6. But hey, that's just me~

I give it an 7.5/10

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Overall it was pretty great, although I was confused as to why an army of at least 20 was scared to attack a group of 6. But hey, that's just me~

I give it an 7.5/10
Because the enemies entire tactics and plan was to draw us out.

If they wanted the city so bad, Make em throw their bodies at out walls.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera

I give it an 7.5/10
Because the enemies entire tactics and plan was to draw us out.

If they wanted the city so bad, Make em throw their bodies at out walls.
You both need to try to order around more then 20 people, who all are playing in a fictionnal world for unimportant stakes, and who don't like being ordered around.
People need to maybe realize that playing Authority positions is much harder then it seems. there's not only good sides to the coin. ;)

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
You both need to try to order around more then 20 people, who all are playing in a fictionnal world for unimportant stakes, and who don't like being ordered around.
People need to maybe realize that playing Authority positions is much harder then it seems. there's not only good sides to the coin. ;)
Believe me, I know

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
That's two posts in favor of better clarified mechanics/rules. If you agree OR disagree with this notion I'd like you to post in here. Can't move in a direction for or against roll mechanics without feedback.

At this point I have a nearly full RPG system that could be implemented, but it's not worth it for me to bug Ptiber about it and write up the lengthy software design unless the community firmly comes down on the side of wanting it with a notable majority.
I would like this thing.

Also since I could do some work with ptiber and up my programmer skill.

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30

I would also like this thing~ You have my full support.