Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Rex of Lonmar

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend

Character’s full name: Rex Vardrel of Lonmar.
Reason or meaning of name: “Rex” means “the King” in an ancient tongue.
Character’s nickname(s): Rex Lonmar. The Mountain. Axeman, the Man with the Axe, Tiny. The Dragon. Kingdom of Rex. O' Kingdom. Attractive Mountain.

Birth date: 21st of Stormwind, Season of Frost.

KEY INFORMATION
Age: He appears to be no younger than forty years of age and no older than fifty, but, in reality, numbers over 200.
Race: Human (Valerion).
Social Status: Nobility.
Height: An incredible height of 8’3.
Weight: At least 800 pounds.

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Broad shoulders, an imposing height, and hulking with muscle.
Hair: A golden blonde, straight and lustrous. Rex is never fixed on a single style, but is most commonly seen with a side part with the top of his hair medium to long in length, and shaved on the sides. Despite a longtime emphasis on being well groomed, Rex has gotten a little lazier and now usually sports a stubble.
Eyes: Blue.
Skin: Fair.
Identifying Marks: A scarred slash over his left eye.
Appearance: Rex oozes with confidence, which, to some, may appear as arrogant. His gruff, masculine countenance efface the traditional boyish features of a youthful man. He is groomed elegantly and appears powerful, but with the restraint of a soldier on parade.
Clothing: He typically wears a blue and white coatee with gilded lining and starched white trousers, occasionally substituting the coatee with a doublet of similar make for humid climates.
Weaponry: His most notable weapon is an enchanted greatsword, over seven feet in length and encased in a magical ice. Rex possesses a variety of weapons, mostly swords, varying from longswords to arming.
Prized Possessions: His greatsword, among other things.
Hygiene: Next to godliness.
Voice: Deep, with a low rumble as he speaks. Quite eloquent.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths: Strength is one thing. Power is another. Rex is extremely powerful, and it would be wise not to underestimate how quickly he can exert his strength. Given his age, he has grown wise and experienced. He is a seasoned veteran of war and an exceptional duelist and brawler.
Fears: Failure. Death. The loss of his children.
Weaknesses: Despite being outgoing in virtually every other regard, Rex is rarely able to fully express his own potential, due in part to wanting to maintain a certain degree of reclusiveness. He is both obsessed with wealth and munificence, and is self conscious of his own appearance. While professionally Rex is daringly decisive, he is horribly indecisive in his personal life, has difficulty maintaining meaningful relationships, and thus far—in his own mind— has been unable to be a good father.
Intelligence: Rigorously educated in both academics and military skills at a young age, Rex is cunning, tough, and well learned. While he may not be a scholar at the forefront of any particular field of study, the years and his natural curiosity have at least made him ‘scholarly’.
Languages: Common, Elven, Valerion.
Profession: Although a soldier at heart, Rex has gone through countless jobs, from serving in an ambassadorial position for the House of Lonmar to commanding the original King’s Guard.

Last edited:

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
NOTABLE WEAPONRY:

FROSTRAZE

Frostmourne.png

Adequately sized for its gargantuan wielder, Frostraze is an elegant and massive greatsword. It measures 7'4 feet long (2.2 metres), and weighs about 15 pounds (6.8 kilograms). It is 5 inches wide (12.7 centimeters) with a thickness of 3/10 of an inch. Frostraze is strong, large, and steady enough to effectively bash normally armored targets. The greatsword could occasionally be used to jab, but is primarily used for slashing. With the help of a skilled cryomagus, a layer of ice was permanently frozen onto the blade of the sword in an exaggerated lenticular shape, with a thick amount on the flat of the blade, but devastatingly sharp on the edges.

RIPOSTE

Rex's Dagger.png
Riposte is a large dagger given to Rex by Basil, a notorious pyromagus. By channeling magic energy into the dagger, it will light aflame. When engulfed by black fire, the blade is exceedingly dangerous and cleaves through flesh and bone with terrifying ease. Unfortunately, since magic's initial disappearance, Rex never learned how to channel magic again, and, as of now, is currently unable to ignite the blade.

Last edited:

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
CURRENT ARMOR

Weighing in at around two hundred pounds, Rex's most recently acquired armor, forged by King Jaret, is nearly impervious, and as the blacksmith himself liked to describe it, "Nae short o' siege weaponry be punchin' t'rough [it]". It is elegant but brutish, menacing, yet refined. The arms and joints are covered by articulated lames of metal, rendering estocs and similar swords useless (though such lames are not depicted in the picture). For an opponent to attempt to exploit a gap in the armor would be an extremely difficult undertaking.

Last edited:

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
RELATIONS

SYLVI AND RÍAN: His children. He is unbelievably proud of both of them, even though he believes that he has failed them as a father. He hopes to truly connect with them one day, wherever they may be.
AXEX: Rex and Axex have much in common, an indispensable aspect of their friendship and camaraderie. Both of them are rather old, anachronistic relics from another time. And so, they often converse about the pleasures of the days of yore. Both are seasoned warriors, with hardened countenances that yield to no one. They possess a unique sagacity that is belied by their demeanors, and have unique physical traits. Once political enemies, they became the best of friends, and instead of fighting one another on the battlefield, they fought alongside. With his wit and equal inharmaniousness in the ever changing world, Axex is one of the few people that Rex feels comfortable around, and can truly trust.
NWALME: Having known him for over half a century, Rex considers Nwalme to be one of his greatest companions, and only wishes that they could see each other more often. He always enjoyed conspiring with the shrewd and cunning man, and looks forward to executing their next outlandish scheme.
MARIAN: The woman he loved. The mother of his children. He is ashamed that he did not love her more, and to this day mourns her death on the battlefield.

Last edited:

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
The cold
It is relentless

In its ire
It brings forth a blizzard

In its calm
It blesses us with a cool night

With its chilling blade
It cuts us in the winter

And through the howling of the wind
The cold is sometimes audible

Its power is manifest in many forms
It can be mighty as a glacier
Or diminished as an icicle

Wicked
Yet beautiful

Last edited:

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
[UPDATE] Killed Mist. Should I mention Rex stepped on a dying man's head and crushed it? All in good meaning of course, it is a deathly courtesy to put one out of their misery. ;) Rex scraped the flesh off the bottom of his diamond enameled boot, and I might say, Daeron looked like he was going to vomit.

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
The crown is just within our grasp. The competition for the soon to be King Draco has diminished. Nothing… the Caledonian Feds have fallen apart. House August has subdued itself into chaos, and the Lord of the House, the honorable Neoroy August, put Heaven’s Reach for sale. For sale, damn it! What sort of leader does that? [I laugh.] Those fools. Like the cravens they are, the Hawklights backed down. They left the Caledonian federation. The two fed (federation) superpowers lost their power. Everyone knows House Cirrus is weak, meager, and insignificant. [Snort.] I’ve seen better leadership from Groothart. Did the Houses become greedy because they couldn't decide who would claim the crown amongst themselves? Did they propose the preposterous idea of a diarchy? Regardless, by themselves they are no threat. When they were allied, we knew we were going to have some trouble reaching the crown. We were confident we would win it, but also knew it would be a hard journey. Now… they are separated. Wintermourne is poorly guarded, as seen through analysis. The Hawklights have little significant castles or fortresses, and its surrounding holds are even more vulnerable than their capital. I doubt the Hawklights would interfere anyway. House August, damn, they have the largest city, with a just as impressive population, but the amount of its denizens that support it is surprisingly low; that was before it was up for sale. The fate of August shall be a damn strange thing. As if the Northern Kingdoms isn't riddled enough with preposterous events, the Syrien decided to flood Port Silver. Getting from place to place is a pain in the arse, and the issue only deteriorates since all the grand ships are located there. Our ever so gallant Lord Polo (Hawklight) has initiated war on the bastards… not that they posed much of a threat anyway. They should cede for their own good.

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
Updated. Check out the previously reserved post of mine. It's now a picture gallery of Rex through the years. The pictures are astoundingly accurate. Also, the main profile has been updated to the main template, along with a backstory to Frostraze, the sword. And yes, I'll be adding a new journal entry.

And maybe my small band of followers think they shouldn't post down here to prevent breaking the line of pure journal entries. No, go ahead and post a reply please :p

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
... How good, or horrible, would he be at using a bow of some sort? And if he had to use a spear, or halberd, or ride a horse...?

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
... How good, or horrible, would he be at using a bow of some sort? And if he had to use a spear, or halberd, or ride a horse...?
That my friend, is a good question. I agreed with a few admins that for the sake of balancing this monster he wouldn't be that effective with other weapons other than the sword and the crossbow. Although there probably isn't much of an art behind a spear or halberd, he wouldn't be as disciplined to use them compared to a sword.

As for horse riding, he's done it, just not since he arrived in the NK.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Wow, I just read (nearly) all of this, and it is damn magnificent. Extremely well done and detailed, I was very impressed. Can't wait to begin stalking this.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Really intresting! And i couldnt help it but, your profile picture has the scar on the wrong side doesnt he?

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Wow this is great reading Frost! Especially since this event actually happened :D Oh and by the way, (“It will be done your Grace,” replies Rengar) I know its a small detail but i really said " My lord ". The term "Your grace" is only used when adressing kings and others ranked at that level :p

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
Wow this is great reading Frost! Especially since this event actually happened :D Oh and by the way, (“It will be done your Grace,” replies Rengar) I know its a small detail but i really said " My lord ". The term "Your grace" is only used when adressing kings and others ranked at that level :p
Ah, thanks, and okay I'll change that, but Dukes were also addressed as your Grace.