Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Rodger_Snow whitelist application [Accepted - Jinny]

Rodger_Snow

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Jango519

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Utilizing knowledge not know in rp.
ex. My character doesn't know my opponant is a vampire, but I do, so I make my character stab the vampire with a wooden stake

Powergaming: Forcing actions another character.
Ex. Joe stabs Jim in the chest, killing him.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidzoid

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm Jango. I enjoy reading, playing d&d, and playing games

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Nothing of note

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No. I found it by searching for it

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

• Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Alexander Snow

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
6'
Skinny
Dark brown eyes
pale skin
His outfit would keep most of his skin hidden from view as he walks around in a black coat paired with a pair of equally dark gloves. In addition he wears brown pants and black boots, along with a dark blue bandana that holds most of his shaggy blond hair back.
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
Alexander would sigh as walks down the dusty corridors of his father's old hideout. With each step he'd take dust would be sent billowing outward, followed by an echo that seemed to never end. A small smile would cross his face as he finally reaches an old wooden door placed at the end of the corridor. He'd reach out to grab the handle before freezing, and carefully pressing again the wall beside him until a small *click* is heard. Carefully, he'd open the door, it creaking loudly from years of lack of use. Inside the room would a desk covered in papers strewn about, with a single, leather bound journal resting in the center of the chaos. Alexander's smile would grow as he sees the book and would rush forward to grab the book, his foot, snagging on a wire as he runs. A crash of a bottle breaking would ring out just as he grabs book, and a green gas would begin to fill the room. A wave of nausea would quickly hit him as he sprints out of the room. As he reaches the corridor, he fall to the ground, groaning as the nausea overwhelms him. Soon, blackness would overtake him.

Alex would wake up several hours later to a solid kick to his side.

"You're a dumbass" A deep voice would say.

Alexander would groan and roll over before a weak chuckle would escape his lips. "I got what I wanted though"

Opening his eyes, Alex would realize that he was no longer in the stone corridor, but instead was on a wood surface that was steadily rocking. The sound of waves would crash off in the distance. He'd slowly drag himself upwards and let his eyes fall on a figure clad in armor and a face hidden behind a hood. "Honestly, your father wouldn't have done something so stupid. Should have never agreed to keep an eye out for you.

A small smirk would cross Alex's mouth as he speaks. "You know you care, somewhere under all that armor, So, since we're on a boat, I'm guessing this means you're finally moving on, Calix?"

"Not just me, so you better start studying that damned book of yours" He says before turning and walking away.

Alexander would chuckle and wave him off and grabbing the journal placed next to him, and cracking it open "Well paps. Seems I get to take up your work after all". A small smile would cross his lips as he looks down at the first page, where a familiar scrawl sits before him.

(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)