Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Roleplay Idea: Colonization

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

The above picture isn't quite what I have in mind, but it does show the essence of the idea.
I'd like to measure how many people would be interested in the idea of colonization RP.
These are the basics I'd like to use for such an idea:​
  • Everything is done as close to reality as possible: fatigue.
    --> When mining stone, your char can mine about 3 blocks until fatigued. The mine also needs support beams.
    --> When cutting wood, you can only cut one tree at the time and should place the logs horizontally on the ground after felling the tree, after which you cut them up and emote-drag them to the camp.
    --> When digging a defensive ditch, it takes more time than the MC time it would take to dig it out and every block you dig out you will need to place somewhere (since it'd be on your shovel IRL).
    --> At night, we rest or sit around a campfire​
  • We only have what was brought with the ship: limited resources:
    --> The voyage on the ship would have taken a while and a ship can't carry unlimited supplies. We have to think carefully what to bring and list it.
    --> Taking the supplies off of the ship will take time as well, and effort, and thus fatigue.​
  • We're in uncharted territory: Jobs to do and hostiles:
    --> So, we land on the shore of some land we haven't charted yet. There'll be need of scouts to report on the surrounding area.
    --> There's a possibility of hostile natives, skraag's monsters, wolves and what not. There'll be need of people crafting defensive constructions.
    --> Every job in town will need its own building; the farmer, the tailor, the smith, the architect, the commander, the lumberjack, etc.​
These are some short bullet-points to give you an idea of what I have in mind. The main idea is that it will progress slow and that you have to think carefully about the activities you'll perform during the day, because you need to eat and will get tired. However, this also means that the things you do perform, will be worth much more! When you finally finish the defensive ditch and your friend has finished the stakes to put into the ditch, you'll have a feeling of proper accomplishment.

Now all I need is:
- a crew who'll come with me (I'll probably go as my Packman character).
- a boat and enough diamonds to w/e it over to wherever we intend to go.
- a place where all of us can build and destroy without need of permissions (so most likely we need to go to the sorrowlands for this idea)

This all is quite experimental and I can understand if you have doubts about this idea.
I do believe that it can work and that the first people who join with me on starting this colony can have an important role in the future of the colony and a deciding role in the way it should progress. We'll make a rule board OOCly so that everyone knows the rules of the colony. Look at it as a minigame if you wish.

If you're interested, sign up by commenting below!

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I love this idea, but I think the fun will wear of quite quickly, as things will take almost as much time in game as they do in real life. Progression will be reeeeaaally slow.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I love this idea, but I think the fun will wear of quite quickly, as things will take almost as much time in game as they do in real life. Progression will be reeeeaaally slow.
progression can be tweaked a bit to meet the colonists' satisfaction.
(I tried it before :3 )

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Tell that to America
Britain reached it's peak well after the independence of America, an event that only occurred because the French, Spanish and Dutch also got involved to try and weaken Great Britain.

Rule Britannia.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
REMOVE EURO remove euro you are worst brit. you are the brit idiot you are the brit smell. return to south affca. to south afrika cousins you may come our contry. brit go home never india again. ahahahaha indian independent strong scruo yuo britbong

actually the idea is certainly interesting although i am unsure if you can implement it how you want to.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
dat colonization speak tho!
Last time I hosted a colonization event we were able to implement it like this, because everyone who wanted to join had to follow the same rules. If people progressed too fast, their progress was removed. If they didn't like it, they were free to leave and RP regular roleplay.
Dunno which world we should use and how to implement it exactly into Altera, but for now it's just to see who's interested :) Once we got a group of people who want to do this, we can see how to get it done properly.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Oh - and don't you mean rule Pretannike?

Rule over it, rename it Britannia, then bugger off again. ;)