Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Roman's Application [Approved - mokwar]

The Roman Emporer

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Its_Roman

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United Kingdom

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: using knowledge acquired OOC or using knowledge that your character could not know to influence events in RP.
Powergaming: attempting to force actions that you have dictated on other players.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!
I was on the server years ago, back when we still had an online store you could buy and sell items through, and have dabbled since. Studying computer science at uni, challenging but fun. Main interests lie in programming and business, hoping to start some form of company in the near future. Enjoy gaming: RPGs naturally and base building/creative games. Looking forward to having a look around the lavish world and engage in some RP and hopefully some building too as that's what I have been known to be good at in the past.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Though I have done a great deal of work in the past I fear it has since disappeared into the ether of old hard drives or closed servers. If anyone remembers an old town known as Thraall back in the day I designed a large portion of the architecture for it.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found it myself back in 2012 I think.

Character Name:
Quilan Wheal

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Dark of skin with balding grey hair. Growing shorter by the day with age. Rumpled but colourful garments compliment intelligent blue eyes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

After the rain has ceased the sweet scent of petrichor filled his old nostrils as he watched the streets from his window. Soon he knew he would have to bid goodbye to his young grandson, a prospect which he understood as natural and normal but which inspired melancholy nonetheless.

The family of his son: husband, wife and child, would soon be departing from their current abode in Quilan's attic in search of new opportunities elsewhere. In recent months, after the shock and disarray caused by the earthshaking events of yesteryear their small house was starting to become too cramped for comfort. A smashed bottle here. A missing ingredient there.

It was decided after a lengthy chat that the situation was no longer tenable. He had never been the most approachable figure and generally preferred the company of none but himself. As such, while he helped his son load their meagre belongings onto the back of an oxen cart, he imagined new opportunities in the times to come.

His wife was always the better parent, but since she had been lost it had been down to him for quite some time. Luckily his son has been sufficiently grown to take care of himself, but he was still saddened he had not been a better father. His grandson had therefore become the boon of his recent years, and he lavished him with stories and small gifts when he could afford them.

It was for this reason that as he watched his son and family moving away slowly down the street that he felt a deep pang of anguish. Would he ever see them again? What would become of them?

After the briefest moment, he decided he must not focus on such fatalistic questions. He was a knowledgeable man, and in this world that entailed opportunity. And so he stood: widower, seeker of knowledge and wealth and father of one, and watched the smoke rise from the rooftops as considered what the days ahead may contain.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Welcome back!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

The Roman Emporer

Lord of Altera
Hi there,

Having a little trouble, apparently it still says I'm not whitelisted. Could be because I was logged into the server at the time?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers. :)

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Try to relog!

And try to write me your name again? I copy paste it from what you wrote, any lower case letters?