Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

rossminer's Aplication [Declined - Snerus]

rossminer

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
rossminer

2. How old are you
?

3. What country are you from?
Ireland

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have read the Kings Law and Tome of Citizenship.I have read the Brief History of Altera and have read about the Divine Gods and the races.I hope to read all the lore eventually there is just a lot of content there and decided to only read what was necessary to my character and the knowledge he would have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I would define metagaming as incorporating information you know to your character that would be out of his context.

Powergaming i would define as someone in a rp sense making their character win a lot or take centre stage.Which can take away from other peoples rp experience.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Snerus
8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Ross(Which you could probably guess from the username)
In terms of hobbies im big into books and television. Game of thrones is my favourite show also one of my favourite series of books.I would also same im a quote on quote "gamer".Games i enjoy would be grand strategy games from the like of paradox to tactical shooters like squad.Im also a big star wars fan.Recently bought the new canon books for that and am currently enjoying the star wars universe and all its glory.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Im afraid i am a talent-less hack.So i do not.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Wasn't referred i joined your server back in the old days of 2013 and in the downtown recently started playing minecraft a bit again when i remembered this server.Back then i think i was interested in RP but was too young(stupid) to really RP that well but now that im older i feel i would really enjoy some character building and interaction with a fun RP community.
Character Name:
Luwin Arthur

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Height:6 ft
Weight:55kg
Eye Color:Blue
Skin Color:White
Shape of Face:Thin
Distinguishing Features:Strong prominent cheek bones
Build of Body:Slender,Broad-Shouldered
Hair Style:Bald
Complexion:Wrinkles
Posture:Naturally stooping due to a life of sitting and studying,Yet in the company of others shows a up-right posture.
Is Seen By Others As:A knowledgeable good spirited man thirsty for knowledge and the keeping of records.
Scars:None
Voice:Softly spoken,formal

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Attached

Character:
Luwin Arthur was born into a family of Tailors Luwins father John was a tailor and his father was a tailor and so on.From the minute his mother Jill brought him into the world he was set on a path to become a Tailor and to takeover the family business. But its was not the wonder of a fur cloak or leather shoe that fascinated Luwin,Its was the story's of old.The ones his mother would read to him in bed.Stories of knights in dashing armour fighting for their maidens or wars waged by kings of old.He loved history and its magnificence.The stories he heard from his mother were lives lived by men of adventure and their pursuit of greatness not the lowly life of a tailors son.It was at the age of 16 that Luwin against his fathers wishes he ventured off into the world beyond his simply town to learn more of the history of men who had lived before him.

What Luwin found was that the world was not interested in the past we was.From village to village from town to town he would venture in search of knowledge.All he found was farmers and more farmers who had more interest in cow faeces then in the lives of men before him.Its was on his to a town of boarsville that he stumbled upon his future.When he found himself in the local tavern he found a man discussing the march of heroes that he begun conversing with the man.

It turned out he was a A scribe of Silas.Silas being to luwins at that current understanding to be the god of knowledge.The scribe equally as fascinated by the history of men he explained to luwin the ways of his order of scribes. Luwin begged the man to take him in and teach him all that he knew.The scribe impressed by his enthusiasm offered him a place as an apprentice scribe.

That is where Luwins journey began.At the age of 75 he find himself as a now new member of the scribes of silias. Luwin has been sent by his fellow scribes to Altera to learn of its history and past.He aims to build a Hall so that he may learn and tech others the way of knowledge and that of Silias.

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there rossminer -

Few things here I need you to do before I can review your app again.

-Your definitions for Powergaming and Metagaming is not what im looking for please review our Roleplay Rules.
-I ask that your character doesn't start as a master or with all the knowledge of Altera, you need to learn via RP

Warm Regards
-Paint

rossminer

Lord of Altera
I hope the changes i made were ok. Sorry for the delayed reply i was just at work today so couldn't get the time to make changes.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Look over the definitions provided on our Roleplaying rules again, please.

rossminer

Lord of Altera
I hope this is ok?. If not i have read the roleplay rules and dont know what you want in terms of an explanation?

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Hey there, I'll be taking over this application from Paint. I'd like to apologize for the inconvenient wait.

I'd like to start off by stating that I appreciate you incorporating the lore of our world into your backstory. It's fantastic to see applicants taking the initiative in incorporating themselves into the lore of our server, rather than just writing around it.

However, after review of your application, I'm sorry to say that your powergaming definition is still incomplete. While not entirely incorrect, our server definition of powergaming has a more specific focus. You can find the server approved definition in the Basics of Roleplay section on our Roleplay Guide, which is located in the Survival Guides section of our Forums. Please take the time to read through that guide thoroughly, and then rewrite your powergaming definition.

Secondly, your written test contains enough grammatical and spelling issues and inconsistencies for me to draw notice to it. Please go back through and edit your test, putting spaces and punctuating where needed, fixing spelling mistakes and capitalizing letters where required. Word editing programs such as Microsoft Word are invaluable resources to assist you in doing this.

Thanks for bearing with us, and apologies for the inconvenient wait, again.