Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Sébastien de Courtnay - Hand of the Queen

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Cool Text Sebastien 166623907492096.png
Cool Text de Courtnay 166624311568850.png
Name: Sébastien de Courtnay
Full Titles: Lord Sébastien de Courtnay, Regent of Queensport, Master of Foreign Affairs of House Courtnay, Hand of Queen Alison.
Nickname/Alias: He prefers to be called Bast or Bastien. Hates being called Sebby though he has grown used to it.

sebt.png
Credit: Commissoned by an off HW artist.

Race: Human of Lavoyarde/de Courtnay culture.
Social Status: A lord of House de Courtnay. Steward and potiental Regent of Queensport.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Relationship Status: Married
Height: 5’7
Weight: 154 lbs
Date of Birth: Sometime in late fall.
Date of Death: -
Homeland: La Marche DO’r
Current Home: Queensport

Build: Medium build, though a bit on the smaller side. He lacks all muscle definition at this time. Quite skinny with broad shoulders.
Hair: Medium length black hair l, typical of the de Courtnay family. Usually slightly grommed towards the back of his hair though it is hard to tame.
Eyes: Deep blue
Skin: Fair with few marks.
Identifying Marks: -
Appearance: TBA
Scars: A small diagonal cut on the back of his left hand from when he was younger. Though doesn’t remember how he got it.
Voice: Merlin

Wardrobe: Typically wears fancy robes of red and blue. Marking his status in the family of de Courtnay.
Jewelry: A Fleur de Lis around his neck as well as a small ruby ring with the image of a fleur shown in the base.
Pets/Animals: -
Owned Homes: -
Carried Inventory: TBA
General Inventory:
-A silver dagger, more for show of status than actual defense.
-A golden fluer de Lis necklace
-A ruby and gold ring.
-A golden wedding band with a Fluer de Lis printed upon it.
-Various rolls of parchment.
-Ink and quill.
-A leather bound journal.
-A pouch of radiants, usually containing. ~250r

Prized Possessions:
-A silver dagger given to him on his 10th nameday.
General Wealth: Wealth is the only source of power Sebastien has, and he has a fair sum of it.

Strengths:
-Witty
-Intelligent
-Persuasive
-Sneaky
-Formal
-Jousting
-Leadership
-Maya
-Rich

Fears:

-Abandonment
-
Confrontation
-Octopuses
-Storms

Weaknesses:
-A bit lazy
-Combat
-Coward
-Nervous
-Timid
-Threats

Intelligence: 7/10
Languages:
-Common (Fluent)
-Lavoyarde (Fluent)
-Rede (Rough, learning)

Profession: Regent

6gM7TVQ.jpg
Credit: Elz
Personality: Sébastien is a rather easy going young man for the most part and has big aspirations he hopes to reach but often lacks the drive to see them through. He often comes off as quiet and shy around others, much preferring to linger near the back away from others. He is a bit of a coward when it comes to most things, easily scared but he knows how to fight through the fear and never lets it over come him. Determined when it comes to family. He has a big vision for his family but tends to depend on others to enact his vision. Much more preferring to be an advisor rather than a leader. A loyal man.
Religion or Cults: Ignis Synnove faithful.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Short Term Goals:
-Be stronger.
-Learn how to joust.
-Gain Alison's trust.
-Keep Maya safe.
-Keep his family safe.

-Gain favor.
-Settle
-Build Queensport

-Stay in Alison's graces
-Learn combat

Long Term Goals:
-Bring glory to his name.
-Master Swordplay.

-Learn how to smith.
-Get de Courtnay to rise again through whatever means necessary.
-Become a hero.
-See Maceo be a Lord
-Have Children

-Have an Estate
-Create a legacy for his children to follow.
-Keep Maya and his children safe.
-See his family grow strong.
-See de Courtnay rise.

-Earn Alison's approval

Birthplace: La Marche DO’r
Childhood: Sebastien spent most of his childhood being tutored, he knew little other than the constant teachings he was forced upon. Having a noble up brining but didn't get to go out much to socialize with other children or people in general. He felt very alone.

Teen Years: After he finished his tutoring he returned home to his family in Avignon. Going to become a squire under his older brother, Fransis. He was ready for a new life, and hopefully a more exciting one. But perhaps what happened was a bit too exciting. A few years later the war between Anhald and the coalition started up. The rest of his family left Avignon for a time to vacation elsewhere. After the war was over a man named Vlad threatened him home and soon after, Fransis passed away. Due to this, Sebastien fled, wandering for years until he came to Queen's Port to work under Ciaria.
Adulthood: After Ciaria died he was named regent of Queen's Port until Alistair could appoint someone for more permanent. But before he could his daughter and Anhald came, announcing their claim and forcing Sebastien to kneel to their will. Though after doing some thinking, he thought that this may be for the best. And choose not to fight them and instead follow their orders. Has sense endured many hardships but remains loyal to Anhald and Princess Alison directly.

After leaving the old lands Sebastien grew distant from the rest of Anhald but remained at Alison's side. Choosing to stick to her rather than test his time with the rest of the houses he was allied with. With her help they recreated Queensport in the new land and continue to work closely together to this day. It was here that Sebastien married Mylaela Eldrin and had two children. Elnaril and Fleur. He became content with his life and loving his new family but still he is restless, wanting something more for both him, his wife and his two children.

After a call to arms from Queen Alison in case war comes to the shores of Queensport. Sebastien's life began taking another turn. Being called to Lyon it was revealed by his nephew Maceo that he wished to recreate the three branches of de Courtnay. Naming Sebastien the patriarch of one and also giving him the title of Master of Foreign affairs. These new turns of events guiding Sebastien's thoughts to look to the future one more, and what he will be leaving for his children.Shortly there after he embarked back to Queensport to inform Alison of what had transpired at Lyon. Trying his best to reassure the Queen of her trust in both him and his entire family. This causing her to name him Hand of the Queen due to how closely aligned his and her goals were.

Family History: [LINK]
Past Places of Residences: Marche d'Or, Avignon, Queen's Port

Places Traveled: Grafjell, Crossroads, Riseport.

Peaceful or Violent: Peaceful
Weaponry: A Long Sword named Lightbringer, his family's sword.
Combat Training: Being trained by Maceo.

Favourite...
Place: Avignon
Pastime: Horseback Riding
Colour: Blue

Animal: Antelope

Mother: Adelaide de Courtnay
Relationship with her: Passed while Bast was still young.
Father: Marcelon de Courtnay I
Relationship with him: Passed while Bast was still young.
Siblings: Arabella, Francis, and Pavel III
Relationship with them: He was only close to Arabella truely. He looked up to Francis until he died and didn't know much of Pavel.
Spouse: Mylaela de Courtnay (Eldrin)
Relationship with him/her: Loved beyond words.
Children: Elnaril de Courtnay & Fluer de Courtnay III
Relationship with them: Loved greatly, he sees the world in their eyes.
Other important family members: Njorun, Lucia, Maceo, Carlos, Ademar, Serafina
INSPIRATIONS: Paint Tomato150 Landem Cukie1

My in-game name is: BrainAT16

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend

Loved:

Maceo - {Thus far you have asked my twice of things you know where would tear me apart inside. Yet you know I cannot refuse you or our family. But perhaps it is this certainty that I will always keep me at the will of you that causes you to use me in such ways. Disappointed.} BoredBrit
Mylaela - {My trust in you has wavered a slight. You seem to act in much the same way as Maceo. You know I cannot refuse my family yet the fact you still ask of me what you do only drives a greater divide between us. I only hope what we once had can be recovered.} Jstar
Elnaril - {My strong son, I do hope you make it far in life and that you let nothing stand in your way. You remind me of myself, I just hope that you can rise on your own.} LePancake
Fleur - {My treasured daughter, I have many hopes for you that you will rise to all of your expectations. You look so much like your aunt Arabella. You'll make it far with your determination.} Bobert

Trusted:
Alison - {With age I begin to understand why you have become so wary of everyone around you and I know that you are not wrong in seeking caution. I only hope that I can serve you to the best of my abilities and that you will remain to hold your trust in me. For my goals are yours and yours are mine.} Elz
Benjamin - {A good man wise words and an even wiser mind. I know I can go to him whenever I am unsure of something. He will remain by my side till the day we both inevitably pass.} Fishymatt

Friends:
Gael - {A capable man with a strong heart it seems, he is not afraid to take on any challenge and seems someone I can trust to get things done when needed. I hope that you will be around awhile and that your own ventures will be fortuitous.} Scardrac

Liked:
Carlos - {The most distant of all our family, I hope he is doing well for himself.} MrMine
Alexander - {Seems a loyal man, Alison has spoken highly of him before.} blargtheawesome
Benjamin - {A rather polite sort, though he seem very loyal to house Hallon and the origin's of

Neutral:
Daeron - {He seemed kind at first even with his.. backhanded compliments, but resorted to threats to insure compliance. Unsure for now.} Jstar

Wary:

Disliked:
Ansgar - {I was to come and apologize for my nephew's actions but your own show you to be the true child. I pray you find the help you so desperately need.} UmbraSicarius

Feared:

Hated:
Walanescu - {Nothing more than a page in history.}

Missed:
Francis - {I have looked up to you nearly my entire life, I hope I will do our name justice.} Paint
Njorun - {I miss seeing her, she always seems busy with the Varyn's. Perhaps she is happier with them?} Cukie1
Arabella - {I miss you, you seem so distant since marrying Benjamin.} Tomato150

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend

Thronesday, 20th of Sunbright 2260.
It has been so long since my feet have felt the security of solid ground. For what has felt like months now we have sailed on this ship. On a mission that some would believe to be a hopeless one. We have suffered great on this trip. It is as if the sea itself has sought to see our destruction but Ignis's light still shines upon us. For hope has come forth to us in the shape of a sandy dune.. a dune which is connected to a much larger land mass. How large none of us know, but we have made it somewhere. And that is progress. And as I write this I sit securely on the beaches of this new land. And my vision of the future has brightened tenfold. A new land, a new beginning. A place to secure my family's place in the world and keep them safe from all that threatens us.

Thronesday, 27th of Sunbright 2260.
The promise of this land seems bountiful. No undead have been seen since our arrival. Though the animals do not seem to be very afraid of us.. Makes me think that we are the first to set foot on this land. I am hopeful.
--
Even through Ignis's light, shadows cloud my mind. Perhaps it is my paranoia acting up again. I have talked to Lady Alison and she seems not in any mind to replace me. So these thoughts seem to be all my own.
--
Maceo and Carlos grow older by the day, Maceo is just like his father yet he still needs to be shaped into a proper leader if he is to take the lead one day. I will be sure he is ready when that time comes. Carlos on the other hand is much quieter. He reminds me of myself at that age. Hopefully he will be a bit more confident than I have turned out.

First Day, 1st of Mistset 2260
We disembark north today. Alison speaks of another camp in that direction. So we shall move along the coast until we arrive there. It will give us the chance to see just how large the land truly is.
--
After a few days we have arrived, and the coast is much longer than I could have ever imagined. We rest now at the Hawklight encampment. The air is much colder here, not to my surprise, but it is a comforting chill. It reminds me of the Queen's Port we left behind.
--
I met Mylaela's father today. I cannot say it was a pleasant encounter. I never understood a man feeling the need to assert himself using threats. Mylaela being such a sweet girl I never thought her father to be that type of figure. As if I had any intention of hurting her. Regardless the encounter has left me a bit unenthusiastic about further communication with the man and anyone for that matter. I can already feel myself retreating into my mind. I must distance myself a while till my mind is at ease again.

Townsday, 2nd of Mistset 2260.
We just returned from a scouting trip around the island that Hawklight rests upon. We mapped out the coast with the aid of Alison. In return we were to be allowed to take some supplies to set our own camp in the east. Assuming we can find a place suitable to set up camp for the new Queen's Port...
--
We have now arrived on the west coast of what I believe is the main continent.. it is hard to tell without knowing just how large the land is. It is snowy and the water has a layer of thin broken ice over it but the hills seem plentiful. It would make a good place for a port I suppose, but for now we just set up camp.
--
Alison has returned to the Hawklight encampment to try to earn some more supplies and I have remained here to begin mapping out the area. It is better suited I be away from so many strangers right now. This place is very cold but with time I will get use to it. I still have not spoken to Mylaela since the incident with her father. I know I do not feel ready to speak with her, but I wonder if she is also avoiding me.. Trying times. At least the kids seem to have settled into their new temporary home.

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Ay, somebody is back in action. Have updated the entirety of the OP. Will update relations when I get home later. :D

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
A few little updates here and there.

ALSO FOUND THE PERFECT FACE CANNON. :D
Tons of pictures added to the OP.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Updated relations, tossed a bunch of people around and added a few goals as well as a few other things.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Updated it a lot really, re-did the personality blurp as it was really outdated. Changed a few things and added a few more relations. Poke me if your missing and you feel you should be somewhere.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Added a journal post to the third reserve as Sebastien has taken to writing in one. Have added 4 entries into it and will continue to do so as RP is willing. The book used to document his own thoughts and to keep track of his families beginnings in the new land. Check it out if you are interested in it or just want a glimpse into Sebastien's head.. :p

I'll also be making it into an IG book series as well!

Thronesday, 20th of Sunbright 2260.
It has been so long since my feet have felt the security of solid ground. For what has felt like months now we have sailed on this ship. On a mission that some would believe to be a hopeless one. We have suffered great on this trip. It is as if the sea itself has sought to see our destruction but Ignis's light still shines upon us. For hope has come forth to us in the shape of a sandy dune.. a dune which is connected to a much larger land mass. How large none of us know, but we have made it somewhere. And that is progress. And as I write this I sit securely on the beaches of this new land. And my vision of the future has brightened tenfold. A new land, a new beginning. A place to secure my family's place in the world and keep them safe from all that threatens us.

Thronesday, 27th of Sunbright 2260.
The promise of this land seems bountiful. No undead have been seen since our arrival. Though the animals do not seem to be very afraid of us.. Makes me think if we are the first to set foot on this land. I am hopefully.
--
Even though Ignis's light shadows cloud my mind. Perhaps it is my paranoia acting up again. I have talked to Lady Alison but she seems not in any mind to replace me. So these thoughts seem to be all my own.
--
Maceo and Carlos grow older by the day, Maceo is just like his father but he still needs to be shaped into a proper leader if he is to take the lead one day. I will be sure he is ready when that time comes. Carlos on the other hand is much quieter. He reminds me of myself at that age. Hopefully he will be a bit more confident than I have turned out.

First Day, 1st of Mistset 2260
We disembark north today. Alison speaks of another camp in that direction. So we shall move along the coast until we arrive there. It will give us the chance to see just how large the land truly is.
--
After a few days we have arrived, and the coast is much longer than I could have ever imagined. We rest now at the Hawklight encampment. The air is much colder, here not to my surprise, but it is a comforting chill. It reminds me of the Queen's Port we left behind.
--
I met Mylaela's father today. I cannot say it was a pleasant encounter. I never understood a man feeling the need to assert himself using threats. Mylaela being such a sweet girl I never thought her father to be that type of figure. As if I had any intention of hurting her. Regardless the encounter has left me a bit enthusiastic about further communication with the man and anyone for that matter. I can already feel myself retreating into my mind. I must distance myself a while till my mind is at ease again.

Townsday, 2nd of Mistset.
We just returned from a scouting trip around the island that Hawklight rest upon. We mapped out the coast with the aid of Alison. In return we were to be allowed to take some supplies to set our own camp in the east. Assuming we can find a place suitable to set up camp for the new Queen's Port...
--
We have now arrived on the west coast of what I believe is the main content.. it is hard to tell without knowing just how large the land is. It is snowy and the water has a layer of thin broken ice over it but the hills seem plentiful. It would make a good place for a port I suppose, but for now we just set up camp.
--
Alison has returned to the Hawklight encampment to try to earn some more supplies and I have remained here to begin mapping out the area. It is better suited I be away from so many people right now. This place is very cold but with time I will get use to it. I still have not spoken to Mylaela since the incident with her father. I know I do not feel ready to speak with her, but I wonder if she is also avoiding me.. Trying times. At least the kids seem to have settled into their new temporary home.
EDIT: And did some edit's to the original post, having just realized all the errors I made. xD

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Sebastien has returned from his extended business trip to I don't even know where and can now once more be found in Queensport once more.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Updated almost all of it. Though I need to get a new face canon because Merlin is a little young for Sebastien now...

Jstar Now you

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Long overdue update finished- finally added the new art and face canon created by Elz a month later. : )