Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Saddest Books You Have Read Thread

Chip

Legend of Altera
I'm not sure if this has been done yet, but write the saddest book(or books) you have read.

I'll start off: Marley and Me...:eek::( I cry every time...

Desalina

Loyal Servant of Altera
The saddest book I have ever read is "All Quiet On The Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque. It was the only school assigned book that I actually enjoyed reading.

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
The end of the Golden Age Arc from Berserk. Wooh, thats a bummer. (Dont read berserk its got nudity and death and peoples eyes falling out its gross dont read it)

Daelik

Sorrows Warrior
Twilight.

All of them.

Not that the actual stories are sad, I just find it disappointing that someone managed to write this.

Also Team Jacob

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
From the ones I can remember... Where the Red Fern Grows.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Old Yeller was the first book I ever cried over.

Only book that I have ever torn in half because the ending was so stupid? : ASoIAF 1. Can't even type it out... I hated it so much.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm a wimp so.. Rangers Apprentice books series has left me on the verge of tears many times. Specifically book 3, 7, 9, and 12 are the most saddening for me. Why. Book Twelve you gut punch me in the first five minutes of reading you!

T_T

Yes I know these books aren't really sad and are more adventurous action, but I still found some parts really sad.

Chip

Legend of Altera
Oh, I just read a book for my GT teacher and I cried and asked her why we had to read it: A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass... The book and I have a love hate relationship.

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
I read of Mice and Men and the Grapes of Wrath when i was 8 and they made me cry to the point when I had to ask my mother to not shoot me if I turned into lenny.

Joker

Lord of Altera
I think the saddest I've read has to be "The Shack" by William P Young.
Its a book about Faith, redemption and finding peace with horrific events, but to get to that you have to go through the raw, gut-wrenching, "Oh God, I think I've cried myself to dehydration" start.

Very good book!

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
A Monster Calls is the first book I've only ever cried reading. Not, like, sniffling but my-uncle-walked-in-and-I-was-somewhat-embarrassed crying.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Oh boy.. this one is a of opinion bit..

For me the first choice is probably the Deathly Hallows, but I realize after looking over at the books on my shelf, that the saddest is probably 'Perks of being a Wallflower." Now, bare with me on this one. The book is set up like the main character (Charlie) is sending you annoymous letters about his life and struggles. Its written in this journal style to the reader about his depression and mental struggles, and watching him fight back and trying to recover. The book shows this much better then the movie (Which I actually prefer over the book) but, its reading the emotions that Charlie goes through that makes it sad.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
The Road really messed me up.

But the only time I ever cried (or even teared up) from a book was when MIKE died at the end of The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
The perks of being a wallflower, that book ruined me