Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SallyPirate

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
It's been over a week and I still don't know what to say. I was hoping that if I had a bit of time, I'd be able to process it and tell you guys frankly what had happened. But where I had a depressed certainty before, I now just have hurt confusion. I'm not sure I know exactly what led to this, or what I could have done to reach a different conclusion, but that's besides the point.

Some of you noticed that about a week ago, Sally left staff. She has not logged in since, and will likely not return.

I don't know what more to say than that. What transpired was between the two of us, and only peripherally and indirectly involved even other staff (who don't know details, I think, as I think it feels very personal for both myself and Sally, although she might disagree, I don't know). It was not pleasant for either of us, and while she and I may both have very different opinions about it, I do not think it is ultimately anyone else's business. The end result is the same, regardless of the reason. She has not been banned, nor will she be as far as I can foresee or want. It is her choice to stay away. It was her choice to leave.

This won't do much to quell the rumors, I'm sure. I can tell you that this had nothing to do with any of the plethora of theories I've heard. It had nothing to do with Niah becoming staff, and Rygan's decision regarding Anhald was likewise coincidental. Talk of "shadow admins" is, quite frankly, absolutely mental. But beyond that, I really don't know what else to say.

I'll miss her.

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
Thank you for this. I can't speak for the rest of the community on the topic, but I greatly appreciate some light being shed on the situation.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I don't think liking your post is appropriate given the subject. However I want you to know I echo Sizzix in that I'm glad something was finally said about this.

I wish she would have reconsidered such a rash action.

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
In my own personal option, I'd rather give the turth of what happened rather than leave quite suddenly without warning. To me, leaving suddenly with no explantion gives more hurtful rumors than telling the truth. It hurts more in the long run.

Athough, on the flip side if one were to tell the truth, it will be more hurtful in the short run. If it is not told what happened, kept under the blankets, perahps the rumors will fade away, the judgmental questions and stares will be dropped.

Both are risky, and while I respect both Sally's and Som's choice, I fear the rumors and judgements will over-cloud any ration of thought.

On a lighter note, I will call you brave for invertantly saying you were apart of it, and finally clearing up some confusion on the matter with this post. It's not easy saying something like this, saying you were at fault. Throwing my own experiance, when I was Staff on another server, I ran events. These events wheren't very good, and thus it resulted in me getting a very negitive vibe on the server. Coming up with not one, but three long winded apology notes to that community apologizing for my poor, lack luster events, then getting fired later that day.

Scardrac

Felsummer
I can't begin to comprehend what has happened. It's all so vague to me, for obvious reasons, but the fact of the matter remains. I'll miss her too.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Careful wording, as I know this is a touchy subject. Would not rather say "You are to blame" rather than "You may be to blame". Both mean the same thing but one less offensive.
No, I don't know where you're going with this any longer. And I'd like to not try and clarify, if you don't mind.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a corps of shadow admins, aka the Moderators In Black, or MIB. No, they do not exist, and no, neither do the extraterrestrial threats they are rumoured to combat exist.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a corps of shadow admins, aka the Moderators In Black, or MIB. No, they do not exist, and no, neither do the extraterrestrial threats they are rumoured to combat exist.
It's like the dog park and the hooded figures in Welcome To Night Vale.

Also- not helping! >.<

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
In my own personal option, I'd rather give the turth of what happened rather than leave quite suddenly without warning. To me, leaving suddenly with no explantion gives more hurtful rumors than telling the truth. It hurts more in the long run.

Athough, on the flip side if one were to tell the truth, it will be more hurtful in the short run. If it is not told what happened, kept under the blankets, perahps the rumors will fade away, the judgmental questions and stares will be dropped.

Both are risky, and while I respect both Sally's and Som's choice, I fear the rumors and judgements will over-cloud any ration of thought.

On a lighter note, I will call you brave for invertantly saying you were apart of it, and finally clearing up some confusion on the matter with this post. It's not easy saying something like this, saying you were at fault. Throwing my own experiance, when I was Staff on another server, I ran events. These events wheren't very good, and thus it resulted in me getting a very negitive vibe on the server. Coming up with not one, but three long winded apology notes to that community apologizing for my poor, lack luster events, then getting fired later that day.
Foresight is 20/20

Edit: Thank you for posting this, Som, it must of been hard to write.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Careful wording, as I know this is a touchy subject. Would not rather say "You are to blame" rather than "You may be to blame". Both mean the same thing but one less offensive.
I think most people would rather neither be said.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Thank you for saying something Som, I was really confused and concerned, so i'm glad for just a bit of context, even if the rest of the topic has to stay under wraps.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
I appreciate you letting us know. Maybe it could become a routine in any case of a sudden admin's departure?
Often times when an admin disappears abruptly nothing is said but there is a tense feeling around the server- and I'm well aware that incidents like this can probably be counted on one hand but they still echo in the virtual space that binds us all.

We don't want details, we don't want to steer up old arguments nor do we want to rub salt. We want both a chance to bid farewell to a person who put an extraordinary amount of time and dedication for little to no gratitude and to know what is going on with the community.

When an admin- an old admin- disappears out of blue, you can wager that the rumormongers will have their way.
"Maybe this admin was banned"
-"oh, that's ridiculous! Who would ban an admin and not let everyone know?"
"A shadow-admin"

And on that note I might as well say that I'm a true believer of shadow-admins. Not as mysterious players who use Som as a front to manage the community, but a few indevitialls who are with close proximity to the staff and might have access to some commands they are not supposed to have or have a direct influence to the staff's activities and agenda.

Im probably wrong- Id love if anyone could debunk this.

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
Well, Sally has been here for a long time, and HW seemed to be a big part of her life. And while I firmly believe that a prolonged break will be beneficial to her, I think that she will eventually return.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
And on that note I might as well say that I'm a true believer of shadow-admins. Not as mysterious players who use Som as a front to manage the community, but a few indevitialls who are with close proximity to the staff and might have access to some commands they are not supposed to have or have a direct influence to the staff's activities and agenda.

Im probably wrong- Id love if anyone could debunk this.
Well then let me. No one has any perms that they haven't either bought in the shophub or earned by being staff. And no one player has any more influence on staff's "agenda" than any other. Either way you define "shadow admin," my original statement stands.